Posts have to be approved now?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Angry Posts have to be approved now?

So i have 9 of my 10 posts needed before i can reply to any post, even posts i've created and now i'm stuck. I made my 10th post on Monday in the recipe section, and when i logged in today, it's not there. So i create it again and post it and a little message box comes up saying your post won't be visible until approved. that's new, all my other posts never got this message and were visible instantly after creating them.

so with no live mods here (i've seen this posted a few times in various threads) they've effectively killed this forum for new members to join.

Now the question is, will this post be shown when i click submit?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry this is happening to you, Kormath. This forum desperately needs some new blood.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I miss the old days for real. At one time it was alive and hopping.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

think it is like the old dollar stretcher not any money in it anymore so they don't spend the time and effort. even the main page doesn't have much new stuff on it. but who knows goes in cycles.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sites like this really need a community leader to maintain things. Not just spam and new accounts, but advertising it on other sites and bringing new people into it, writing new content, and keeping the community energized. It is a lot of work and I have seen other communities go down the tubes when the original owner no longer has the interest, time, or energy to invest in it. The current owners only use this site for ad revenue. Nothing personal against any of the mods who come from time to time, but they don't do anything for the site.

M, it's a shame more dollar stretcher folks didn't join us. We were quite happy to have them.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

There are not a lot of boards out there anymore. People are mostly joining groups through Facebook and reddit.

I am on reddit and have joined r/frugal, but I mostly just lurk. It feels more like an advice sharing group than a community.

This feels like a community.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary Housewife View Post
    Sites like this really need a community leader to maintain things. Not just spam and new accounts, but advertising it on other sites and bringing new people into it, writing new content, and keeping the community energized. It is a lot of work and I have seen other communities go down the tubes when the original owner no longer has the interest, time, or energy to invest in it. The current owners only use this site for ad revenue. Nothing personal against any of the mods who come from time to time, but they don't do anything for the site.

M, it's a shame more dollar stretcher folks didn't join us. We were quite happy to have them.
    yes just was too hard w the posts etc and then since it got cut off so fast couldn't post about this site as an option

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd be interested to see how many people join and don't make it through burning hoops to become members. only been 4 (not counting me) in the last 6 months, that have posted in the intro forum anyway. This was a pretty active board when i joined originally 2.5 years ago.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know, it used to be a lot more active. Now it's almost like a private club. Glad you made it Kormath, nice to see new posts that aren't spam.
    Make America Kind Again.