Calling All Quilters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile Calling All Quilters

How many quilters do we have in the Village today? I've done some simple quilting and have quilted for a few years, but I still consider myself very much a beginner.

So, how long have you been quilting? Do you have a favorite quilt pattern? How many quilts have you made? How did you learn?

My answers: I have been quilting on and off for about 5 yrs. I don't have a specific favorite pattern, but I love the idea of scrap quilts. I have made about 10 different quilts, quillows, wallhangings. I've never made anything full size...the largest I've made is a lap quilt. I don't seem to have the attention span to make a bigger one--I get bored too easily. And lastly, I taught myself how to quilt. I recommend taking a class, but I've never been able to find a class that I can fit into my schedule and afford at the same time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Quilter for 12 years but I don't have an impressive list of finished projects yet. I'm working on having a legacy as a quilter. I want to get to the point of making heirlooms. I've done 2 hand-quilted baby quilts and 1 machine-quilted baby quilt. I also worked on a group tied quilt doing all the finishing myself. And I did a patchwork, tied tablecloth from a quilt pattern(no batting). I'm currently doing a tied quilt throw made with old t-shirts.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

quilter for about 10 years but still no good at it.lol i prefer scrap quilts and love the flipping quilt, and rag quilts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quilter here! I've been doing it for about a year and a half, but it really clicked and came easy to me. I mostly self taught myself with the internet, but then took a basic piecing class to learn some shortcuts and I'm glad I did! Everything got so much easier!

My first project was a baby quilt, but its only a quilt top. I was waiting to see if we got twins or not in the adoption before finishing it (I was going to take out one seam and make it into two quilts if we got twins).

I've completed a baby quilt for a friend's first child, each of my boys have a quilt, and I just completed one for DH's Grandmother's birthday. I also just sent off a doll quilt that I made for a quilt swap I was in (my 3D pinwheels that I posted the other day)

I have two quilt tops waiting to be quilted, three quilt tops that were made only as demos so they probably won't get quilted for quite a while (will probably use them as practice once I get my long arm machine).

I'm in the middle of a child's quilt for my friend's little girl that they just brought home from China.

I also do lots of charity quilting (mostly making blocks - some quilt tops) for a group called Heartstrings. www.heartstrings.com

If anyone is interested in seeing any of my quilts I'd love to have you stop by my blog - its in my siggy!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Any more quilters? I could have sworn there were more here :think:

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Me me me!!! I have been quilting for about 5 years. I am not really great at it but I do love it. My favorite pattern is probably the Ohio Star but I love paper piecing also and love Grandmother's Flower Garden.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Me too!

I have been quilting off and on for about 15 years or so. No favorite pattern yet, though I much prefer pieced blocks as opposed to paper piecing. I have made 1 twin size, 5 lap sized, 1 child's all machine quilted. I have also made a king size and when I got done with the top decided I wasn't going to quilt it so I make it into a duvet, like a giant pillow case for my comforter. I have I *think* 2 more lap sized tops done and another in the works.

Oops forgot, I am all self taught and have also make curtains for my kitchen.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have been quilting off and on for about 30 years now...not good at it but get by for me...machine quilt mostly...made one by hand...can't stay with it...I have mad 2 king size 9 baby quilts..1 tied...several curtians that was quilted...sad thing is I only have one that I have made...It is a king size applicated cat quilt and made curtians to match it....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So, how long have you been quilting? Do you have a favorite quilt pattern? How many quilts have you made? How did you learn?

1. i have been quilting since i was little. like 10 or 11.

2. i don't have a favorite pattern. i like to make up my own. lol

3. oh gosh, i have made a LOT! first one i made by myself, was my oldest dd's baby quilt. i have done rag quilts, block quilts, and even did a stitchery quilt. (all the blocks were done up in a pic that i had drawn, and then sewn over with embrodery floss, then sewn together.)

4. my aunts in kentucky taught me. they would get together in the evenings and help each other make them. they would have the quilt frame set up in the living room and that is how i learned. lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So, how long have you been quilting? On and off for about 25 years still consider myself a beginner

Do you have a favorite quilt pattern? no

How many quilts have you made? Geez, I don't know. Lots of tops and at least 12 finished quilts that I can think of right off.

How did you learn? Watching my mother for starters then learned the rest thru books, internet and trial and error. Still have too big of stitches for hand quilting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just wanted to remind you all that I am restarting the Quilting Club. If you haven't already signed up - you can do so in the new thread and request a quilt block award from Sarah.

I'll be posting about some new activities in the near future.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm a quilter!

I love everything about making a quilt! Even though I learned to sew in 7th grade (years ago!) it was still a new skill to learn and I'm always satisfied with my work because if it's not right, I rip it apart and do it over, LOL.

1. How long have you been quilting? 4 years but I haven't made any for 1 1/2 years.

2. Do you have a favorite quilt pattern? I love them all! LOL But I especially like Sunbonnet Sue & Overall Sam. My favortie theme are chickens and roosters.

3. How many quilts have you made? I'm thinking...9?

4. How did you learn? Self taught from internet and library books.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I started quilting about 10 years ago,I have made 2 bed quilts loads of baby quilts and more wall hangings than I have room for,I love all quilting projects esp.machine applique I am learning hand applique but it's a challenge.I started quilting with a class and I am still going,I usually take a couple of classes a year, next month I am starting a bargello class and I am doing a block of the month using thangles,my points need a lotta work

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am 59 yrs. old and have been doing it since I was 8 yrs. old. Before MS hit I was teaching quilting classes to adults as well as children, they were a delight. My favorite pattern is the Lone Star, but I do use the quick method.
    Molly

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I quilt some but nothing i would brag about.
    I love the log cabin pattern and the wedding circle ones
    I need to get going on some window quilts . I keep saying it but never get motivated enough to get moving. With the price of heat I best not keep putting it off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast