Restarting the Quilting Club - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've got a couple of quilts to finish up before starting a new one...maybe...LOL! I'm working on finishing up some UFOs at the moment, but I've been watching and waiting to see if there would be anything coming up in the quilting threads. I'm glad to see renewed interest!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have 2 quilts to fix and one lap quilt to make and then I am going to start working with my daughter on a simple square one for my bed (queen size) with these the afghans and the diapers I should stay rather busy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I probably have enough in some point of the 'starting' process that I could work on UFO's all winter! My main problem is taking the time to get them cut out, after that there is a little more hope that they will get done....unless I get 'stuck' on them........that is what I am counting on for the help here.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

What are UFO's. I was looking at our winter park and rec's classes, they have 2 classes for making quilts on is $50 for the class and $68 for materials the other is $75 plus materials does any one think that it would be worth paying that much to help someone new to quilting or should I just look on the web for helpful site.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by schellie69 View Post
    What are UFO's. I was looking at our winter park and rec's classes, they have 2 classes for making quilts on is $50 for the class and $68 for materials the other is $75 plus materials does any one think that it would be worth paying that much to help someone new to quilting or should I just look on the web for helpful site.
    UFO = unfinished objects
    WIP = work in progress
    RTI = round to it

How much sewing exp. do you have? I think that sounds a bit high but don't know what the going rate for your area is........also what sort of quilt would you be making? How big? What sort of materials?

If you can sew a STRAIGHT 1/4 inch seam.......you can pretty much teach yourself to quilt.........there will be some things you run into but WE ARE HERE to help. And.....there is a 'quilting foot' that even helps you do the seam......you just have to keep it straight!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I agree with FF - get started here and then if you want and have the extra money, join the group of 'real' people in your town - it is fun to quilt sitting in a group of like minded people!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

one is a 3 day camp and the other is a class you make a full size quilt not sure I think one you could pick was a star dust I would have to un-bury the paper and just don't have the energy for that one, I can sew pretty good I think I will start here and check out a few websites and just go from there I think I can handle a straight stitch DH and I made the kids cloths one year for school so should be able to handle it. I am going to go to work on fixing the 2 quilts and then start my daughters for Christmas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

As the old saying goes....I would give my eye teeth... to be able to go to a 3 day quilting camp!! Must admit I checked where you lived to see if was at all possible LOL - yeah right!! Shellie - catch up with us on 2009 August quilt club!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mauimagic View Post
    As the old saying goes....I would give my eye teeth... to be able to go to a 3 day quilting camp!! Must admit I checked where you lived to see if was at all possible LOL - yeah right!! Shellie - catch up with us on 2009 August quilt club!!
    what is the 2009 august quilt club is it in this thread or some where else not trying to sound like a dummy but I am new to the quilt forums,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

and you already found it on your own!!

To all newbies or anyone who wants to find an active quilt thread - check out ...2009 August Quilt Club.

To make it more manageable, it will be renamed for each month and quilting activities will be suggested. I think it will be a good forum for quilters to share what they are doing and, of course, learn from each other!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by schellie69 View Post
    one is a 3 day camp and the other is a class you make a full size quilt not sure I think one you could pick was a star dust I would have to un-bury the paper and just don't have the energy for that one, I can sew pretty good I think I will start here and check out a few websites and just go from there I think I can handle a straight stitch DH and I made the kids cloths one year for school so should be able to handle it. I am going to go to work on fixing the 2 quilts and then start my daughters for Christmas.
    Schellie if you have made clothes you will have no problem with quilting. The rotary cutting comes with practice.........and if I am going to mess something up it will be the ruler slipping when I am cutting.........AAARRRRGGGGHHH!

My problem with some of the classes that has been offered around here is that I don't like the quilt that they were making.......if they were reasonable. The other thing is I didn't like 'lugging' my sewing machine.....but I have a little portable one now with a plastic hard case. I have tons of books......and have found GOBS of free patterns on line.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have three or four projects I have to finish up so I can get to work on my Christmas quilt projects. I'm thinking I bit off more than I can chew though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am sure you will have no problem getting them all done mojjo, we have faith in you and please take pics when you are done so we can all see them!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would love to join the club! I just started my first quilt. Not sure how it's going to turn out but I am having lots of fun making it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Glad to have you Jenny!~

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast