2011 Quilting Club - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Can you add 1/2 inch around the one set of blocks with a matching fabric FF so they are both 9 1/4 inches?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good idea Debbie - seeing pictures would help even more.....FF --more impetus to get Photshop or whatever you need!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-cat View Post
    Can you add 1/2 inch around the one set of blocks with a matching fabric FF so they are both 9 1/4 inches?
    Don't have a matching fabric -and I have taken some pics from the day I was 'playing around' with the colors (after I found the green).....still on my camera.

But......I thought about adding enough of the green to bring the log cabins up to the same size as the kaleidoscope...........and then use that same green as the separator of the blocks...........little hard to explain w/o pics.

Both blocks have lilacs (the plant) in them and would love to put them together.........was drawing block arrangements last night.......came up with an idea.....just can't get it to work........yet.

Will see what happens to my pics.........don't even know what programs are on here to handle them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Okay.....got the crochet pics to download...will try these.

You will see that I was putting some of the blocks on other fabric I have for the quilt..........don't have much white (maybe an outside border).........have lots of green........and not enough of the lilac to do the inside work and an outside border too.

I have a purple print that 'blends' that isn't shown........but it is a whole other print that I wasn't sure I liked with it.

So.............what do you think???

Was going to 'stagger' them......as shown.........then was playing with the idea of putting the kaleidoscope one in a spaced out circle (have 16) in the middle of the quilt. I have 16 of the kalid. and 24 log cabins.

Gees...this is hard to do in writing............wish someone lived close to "talk it over"..........

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know monitors can show different...........but do you think the green is okay?

Maybe I should take a pic of the purple/lavender print.......think I don't like that one because it has yet another flower on it.......a rose...but is real 'dainty' and pretty........have a bolt of it too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

From what my monitor shows (cor, tit) of the green, I think it matches well. With the lilac print border, it will be stunning.

Now for the arrangement, I like how you have them staggarded but now am interested on how the circle would look. Can you lay that out, takes pics and show us?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

WOW - what a tremendous job FF!! Stunning!! I agree with Debbie about the green = really works from my end.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree, the green looks fabulous!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-cat View Post
    Now for the arrangement, I like how you have them staggarded but now am interested on how the circle would look. Can you lay that out, takes pics and show us?
    I will try it.......was just drawing it out to see if I had enough squares.

The circle would be a staggered ----sort of 'long view' circle.....

K lc lc

lc lc K lc lc K lc lc

K lc lc K lc lc don't know if you can tell much from that..........but not a 'true circle' ---as you think of one.

Will have to try it and see if it works to lay it out.........back later...

I have enough fabrics that I think this can be really pretty..........IF I don't MUNG IT UP!!! I can have a tendency to make things "too busy"..........without a color pop........think the green will work for the color pop.

I will also try to get some pics with the other lavender print.........but think THAT would make it too busy..........and it doesn't match exactly...........it blends. The tempting part is that it is a gorgeous piece of fabric.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welllllllllllll.................when this posted it screwed up the layout I had of the K's and log cabins..............

Hope you get the idea.............

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hadn't forgotten about the quilt layout........just had it on the camera and it sat there........opps........

Soooooo.....dc.....here is 'sort of' what I meant in prior post..... but when I laid it out I am not sure that I liked it............the camera batteries died when I was taking the purple fab. with it........

I think I have decided on the green as sashing.....for sure.....and probably a border too.......still playing with the lavendar that I don't think I have posted.

Still no photoshop...........so hope these post. This wouldn't 'necessarily' be the arrangement.......but will give you an idea......for the 'circle thing' I was talking about..........

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh FF, that looks GORGEOUS!! I LOVE it! It is perfect just like that. . Great job!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Love the colours, FF!!
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks DC and MH.........hope to get the 'extra little tidbits' on the log cabins this weekend.........have to add about 1 1/2 inches so they will match the Kalid.

I DO like the two together............just have to play with arrangement.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sooooooo......while sewing on my sashing to the log cabin blocks I 'accidently' found a short cut that I have never read about........

Instead of cutting the sashing for each block, I just made one cut across the width of the sashing fabric(at proper width) and slipped each block under the sashing material when 'speed piecing' them through..........was much faster.

At the end of the piece of sashing.......sew OFF the block but you will still be ON the sashing material (generally---but it is a scrap piece now).......raise foot.......bend sashing fabric back out of way WITH NEEDLE DOWN but close to needle........slide in next sashing and block piece (aligned, of course)........put foot down and sew.

Could NOT believe how much faster this was...........

Why haven't I done this before???????????

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast