2011 Quilting Club - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That is how I do it FF. It is alot faster. I thought you would have always done I that way or I would have told you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-cat View Post
    That is how I do it FF. It is alot faster. I thought you would have always done I that way or I would have told you.
    I do speed piece.........just have not done it with a long piece of sashing...........don't know why! ARRGGHH. I cut the sashing --for each block----then speed piece them.

My basement is going to be sooooo cold that I am not sure when I will get the 'main sashing' sewn on.............got the 'up sashing pieces' all on now..........(that is the piece that brings the blocks up to the size of the others). Like my terms??

We are headed to below zero.........so I may just be huddled under a blanket!! I got out my LONG JOHNS today............for the second time this winter!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wearing those long johns a second time around isn't bad FF. Try from Oct to April!

Stay warm!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wearing those long johns a second time around isn't bad FF. Try from Oct to April!

Stay warm!!
    Are you SERIOUS dc???

Course you should see the three pairs of pants I have/save for the really cold stuff. Got a pair out today.........along with a super heavy Woolrich pullover that my sis gave me years ago........and I almost got rid of it!!

I LOVE my "cuddle duds" in the really cold weather.........they are 'slick' so you can pull up your pants without getting a 'smurf'....

I have NEVER had my fleece sheets on my bed for this long!! They usually get too hot.

Opps..........a little 'off topic'...........the ONLY thing good about winter is that it gives me time for crafting!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That's when I do most of my crafting....in weather like this!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

...and I almost didn't go to the pool today because the air and water temp were both 79 degrees!!

I figure that I'll start the hand quilting on my Hawaiian quilt this weekend - DH is going to Kauai, the weather sounds junk, and I can do whatever I please!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mauimagic View Post
    ...and I almost didn't go to the pool today because the air and water temp were both 79 degrees!!
    Just HAD to rub it in didn't you MM?????

Shoveled this AM.............in a minus 7 wind chill, I might add.

Glad you get to have some free time.........and do 'whatever' this weekend........that means making a mess and not worrying about it!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Did you end up getting lots of snow FF? Your storm is suppose to hit us by Saturday. I keep telling you to keep it there!

MM does have to keep rubbing it in doesn't she?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Did you end up getting lots of snow FF? Your storm is suppose to hit us by Saturday. I keep telling you to keep it there!

MM does have to keep rubbing it in doesn't she?
    I think we should all board a plane and go to her house.
    MM we are coming to see you!!!!

Got about a foot.........at my place it was less. We have two days and then it comes back in EVERYDAY NEXT WEEK it looks like now....60% chance.....that is pretty good.

We have been TWO AND A HALF MONTHS with no snow (to speak of--maybe an inch here and there)......and we had SUSTAINED 20 MPH winds..........it was a mess. Even the colleges/universities closed down and they NEVER do. A minus 4 for temp. tonight with a wind chill of minus 25. 12 degrees tomorrow......whew...heat wave...turn on the fans!!

Yep........they said this was going to Colorado.........then up to Chicago with the airstream---as it stands right now.

I was too tired today to work on the sashing but I hope to get something done this weekend at least.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfranny View Post
    12 degrees tomorrow......whew...heat wave...turn on the fans!!
    This is EXACTLY why I can wear shorts once it turns 50 degrees. All winter.....usually 6 months long around here!.....with below freezing temps .....50 IS a heatwave and the shorts are on!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am thinking of you all very fondly - as I definitely rub it in!! Have decided to be stricter about my pool times - before 10AM and after 4PM - that will help keep me out of the sun more!!

I am planning on working on my quilt this weekend too - tonight would be a good time to start.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

And I plan on STAYING INSIDE and working on my sashing.........didn't get a chance today....too busy.

But.......LUCKY US......our next storm rolls in Sat. night (but might stay north of Spokane).........so weather will be crafting weather.

I have to start 'taxi duty' next week......I think it is......for a friend that just had her knee replaced (for her physical therapy) so I had best get busy.........not sure how often this is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

FF - you are such a good person - and a fine taxi driver you shall be!!

I was thinking of you tonight - I worked on some Easter decorations based on Preschoolers' artwork - involving gluing and cutting tissue paper. I want you to know that I picked up and threw away all the little pieces, folded and banded together all the large sheets and put all parts of the project into a basket - to be continued tomorrow.

Now if taking care of the rest of the crap in the LR were only as easy!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

MM --if you saw the stack of fabric PIECES that I have to put away in my basement you would just laugh. That is what I am THE WORST at...........the ones I am going to save-the bigger pieces........the others get 'sorted' as I do them.

Was working on LC today.......and when I added the two more rows of squares I couldn't get it to look right.......so started to sew........then stopped............AND......looks like I will be sleeping under the squares tonight so I don't have to 'rearrange' tomorrow!!

when I laid it out to take a pic for here........it was only about 30 squares.............BUT..........I have 40......sure made a difference in the balance of it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I finished the baby quilt for the shower tomorrow and am really happy with it - shall take a picture at school. For the center square I used one of the squares that I made last year as part of a square a month challenge - I think!! Anyway - I think you'll like it

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast