2012 Quilting Club - Page 13
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfranny View Post
    ???HAND QUILTING???? If I even thought about doing this.........nothing would get done!

Glad I take mine to the "pro"...........only things I even do on my MACHINE are table runners, bed runners, and small quilts.

Hope to get some bed runners done this winter............have dreamed up a couple of ideas.
    lol My grandmother took hand quilting very seriously. It is sort of a family tradition. I have quilts made by my great grandmother, and my mother has quilts made by HER great grandmother. I was taught to hand quilt before I could ride a bike

I do them at night after the kids go to bed. We don't have tv so I listen to music and quilt Beats cleaning

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

2012 Quilting Club-dscn7107.jpg

I finished this yesterday. It is machine sewn with some machine applique. Longarm quilted and then hand bound.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cute quilt CH! Way to go!

I want to see a pic of that square with the snowman.............and a closer one with the sleigh..... All cute squares! Looks so "Christmasy!".........is this for you?

No quilting done yesterday......but did get the 'kids' (furry kids) coats done..............two wool and two raincoats........they turned out really cute!
    They crack me up when I try them on for size........ ....like little "models"........

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

FF, you can view all of the patterns here: Featured Designers – Celebrate Christmas Quilt-Along Campaign / Quilting Gallery

I made this last year for myself. My old quilt was getting pretty worn. Of course, we'll only use this in December so I need to make others for the rest of the winter.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary Housewife View Post
    Thanks CH! That one with the horse and the snowman is darling!! I see one that I might use for a bed runner........the Xmas Ribbon.......but I would do it
    in other colors.......

Some really cute blocks!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi all! I haven't been around a while, work has been brutal this busy season. I did manage to make a couple of quilts for christmas gifts as well as a christmas tree skirt. I decided that 2013 will be the year of Kim! All of the quilts and projects I have made I have given away. I have a couple of wall hangings, but no quilts! I have 4 started, I want to finish this year as well as a few other projects. I joined a local quilt guild and wow the ladies do beautiful work. Plus I am amazed at how much they get done. Granted, 95% of them are retired, but it sure makes me want to sew more. I am going to work on gettiing some sewing done at least 2 days during the week. I have 1 embroidery project to finish tomorrow, then I hope to get some sewing done during the week! Happy quilting all!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Almost a year has flown by. Kim, did you jump into quilting?

piney

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213