2012 Quilting Club - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Okay, have just spent I don't know how much time going through PAGES of fabric online looking for "roses".......want a real looking one........will know it when I see it.

A bf has said that she WOULD get a quilt quilted if I made the top........not sure she will, but oh well.

She has been HINTING for one for a long time and I told her I would do a top for her.......and even send her the "sewn together" fabric for the backing and 'maybe' enough for the binding if I had the leftovers (which I probably would) but I
    would not pay to have it quilted.........guess she finally gave in.

It is KING SIZE and I have warned her about the potential cost for quilting it...........especially if I do a pillow tuck. She
    won't do the binding (sewing) so she will be paying for that too.........$$$$$$

For that big I will definitely be doing a large block quilt, if I can find the roses I like.

Will be digging through my stash......(the fun par)t........to see what I already have and what I need for 'fill in'........this is going to take a serious amt. of fabric.......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfranny View Post
    Okay, have just spent I don't know how much time going through PAGES of fabric online looking for "roses".......want a real looking one........will know it when I see it.
    This is a good place to bookmark : Quiltshops.com - Shop Until You Drop! Put roses into the search part ~ I have dial-up still (frugal me) so to search for you would take too long. Happy hunting.

piney

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey I didn't see you guys here and I actually finished a quilt already this year for my Mom!! My first rag quilt. Will post pictures tomorrow as I am on my mobile device already in bed!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

THANKS pinecone. I bookmarked it........will go back later and check it out.

Should have been on here earlier today........wasted some more time "shopping".......but so far my wallet has stayed closed.

I can't believe it but started some more WIP's yesterday..........nothing cut yet. Was just pulling fabric and 'fondling'........love that part. It was fun to re-discover treasures.

Will probably start some cutting tonight...after dinner.

Ok.......looking forward to the pics dc......am hoping to have a couple of my own to post soon.......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ok FF, here is the picture of the rag quilt. The first picture is a close up of the front...where the 'ragging' takes place. The second picture is of the back where it looks like a 'regular' quilt.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Love your ragg quilt. It looks so soft and cuddly I would want to hybernate in it.

piney

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cute quilt DC........you did a good job. Is that the one you were making for your mother???

Pcone.........I found a site that I had in my 'old' computer........have never ordered from it but was quite impressed with the prices.......and know the names of some of the manuf.............think I might have to place an order.

Thousands of Bolts ... only one nut!:

Went to JA's yesterday...........and I am JUST REAL FED UP with that store and their prices. I do believe in buying local..........WHEN IT IS REASONABLE...........but even their CHEAP STUFF was $5.99............and it is always on sale so you can't use a coupon..........and usually on sale for ONLY 30% off........where the coupon would give you 40%.

If I am going to pay those kind of prices (and one I found that would have worked for a quilt idea was $12.99 a yard!!! )
    I will go to a QUILT SHOP and shop their sale aisle!!!

OR............I will shop online................EVEN CHEAPER WITH THE POSTAGE!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Don't get me going about JA's. IMHO, the prices are geared for the sales. If you get fabrics from the LQS and compare them to JA's???? $12.99/yd?? My foot. No question the LQS has better quality. Now...rotary cutting things? Looks for me coupon in hand.
    Thousands of Bolts is a good one to sign up for e-mail alerts. Good srevice and good prices. We are on FV so make sure it is a need and not a want. hehe

piney

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

But, but, I need all of this fabric, really, I do!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by pinecone View Post
    We are on FV so make sure it is a need and not a want. hehe

piney

WHAT????? Are you kidding??? If you saw my stash you would say I SHOULD NEVER be going into a fabric store again...EVER!!
    And......if the fabric prices keep going up.......I might not!!
    I thank god every day for my stash............as without it
    I would have had to quit sewing/quilting ages ago.

The best part is I have FINALLY convinced myself that I can make a small quilt..........they don't ALL have to be monsters! Just not sure what someone would do with a 48 X 48 quilt......or smaller!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh FF, I use that size of quilts for the couch!!! Nothing better than to cuddle under one when it is chilly outside.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-cat View Post
    Oh FF, I use that size of quilts for the couch!!! Nothing better than to cuddle under one when it is chilly outside.
    I will use them for the backs of couches and chairs but that is too small for cuddling under..... Heck, I use a KING SIZE fleece blanket for my chair........will have to make a monster for that.

Remember, I have TWO dogs that have to be on my lap---in their certain places---which means I have to have enough to cover one arm of the chair, plus 'moving room' for me so I won't feel like I am in a straight-jacket!! ( things get real technical here with this 'cuddling thing'.....)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That's funny FF! I can just imagine sharing one with two big doggies!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfranny View Post
    WHAT????? Are you kidding??? If you saw my stash you would say I SHOULD NEVER be going into a fabric store again...EVER!!
    And......if the fabric prices keep going up.......I might not!!
    I thank god every day for my stash............as without it
    I would have had to quit sewing/quilting ages ago.
    I might be your long lost sister on that one. My fabric room could use some thinning out but....I might need that piece. *sigh*

Thursday I am going to Marden's and out to lunch with the "girls". I took it to heart when my Doctor said fiber is good for me.

I too like larger snuggle quilts. I sit in my recliner and like my feet and shoulders well covered and enough to wrap behind my shoulders. No dogs but a cat in my lap.

piney

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by pinecone View Post
    Thursday I am going to Marden's and out to lunch with the "girls". I took it to heart when my Doctor said fiber is good for me.

I too like larger snuggle quilts. I sit in my recliner and like my feet and shoulders well covered and enough to wrap behind my shoulders. No dogs but a cat in my lap. EXACTLY!!!

piney
    Oh PC.........this is too funny..........I can tell you 'wrap up' the same way I do.........hate short blankets that won't drape OVER AND PAST
    my feet and then come clear up under my chin!!!

Good going on the fiber!!!

I have gotten TONS done downstairs for re-organizing and had a ball doing it..........re-sorted all my batik..(LOVE fondling fabric that I haven't looked at in ages!!).......put GOBS of stuff away that I wasn't even sure why it was out in the first place!!!

Finished------well, except for the cutting the frayed edges-----a
    rag quilt...........finished a "small", new technique to me, batik lap quilt---just top done so far-----it is one of those 'stack the deck' quilts. Had never done one before........

Pulled fabric for a maple leaf table runner........so I could practice making the blocks and pulled fabric for maple leaf bed quilt. Am
    excited about it.........and hope to get it started soon. (I have been saving/collecting leaf prints for years!!)

Am also pulling any 'rose floral fabric' so I will know what I have to make BF quilt.........and looking through books for a pattern idea.

Called a quilting shop to see what it would cost to have that heart bargello quilt prof. quilted...........will get it done..........AFTER my heart heals from the STICKER SHOCK!!! Need to take it in and talk to them about it...........but I want it done and it is way too big for me to handle at the machine and I want it to look nice.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast