2012 Quilting Club - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow FF, you got alot done!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You sure have been busy, FF. At Marden's I got some cute fabric and a few $1 paterns to make a sundress and jumper for our granddaughter, 7 months. Straying from quilting a bit because of the cost.
    Yes, it can be breathtaking to find out what the $$ will be to have something professionally quilted. Check with your local quilting guild and maybe there are others that can do what you want for less.
    Quilt Guilds Worldwide - a listing of quilt guilds and shows

piney

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have spent more time "on-line" shopping........still haven't pulled out the plastic yet........but found some neat "sounding' sites (didn't check the postage yet either)..........I truly do think that JA's has lost a customer!!

Found better quality material, (since I knew the maker's name) and CHEAPER..........will all depend on the postage. BUT.....
    signed up for one email and ALREADY have a $4 SHIPPING COUPON.....................WHOOT!!! Guess what I will be doing tonight???????

Finished ---well, real close---another TINY quilt............WITH CIRCLES..............and it damn near made me tear my HAIR OUT before it was done!!! I will take pics of all of them when I get the batteries re-charged but THIS ONE turned out
    SO CRAPPY looking not sure I will post it. It was YET ANOTHER new technique...................

I have one of those "E-Z Cut Circle Rulers".......and it was made with that............welllllllllllll.................there are JUST A FEW LITTLE TIDBITS that they don't tell you about lining them up!!!
    Not to mention sewing the circles............

It looks like this.............(think I got it at JA's ages ago!!)

Easy Circle Cut™ & Accessories

Here are a couple of the sites I have found lately........but like I said........haven't ordered from them YET.....so don't know how the postage is..........but DID get a discounted shipping coupon from one of them so will sign up for the other to see what happens. Didn't think SOME of their prices were too bad........AFTER going to JA's last week!!

Here is one of them............haven't signed up for their email yet.

Old Country Store Fabrics - Benartex Flower Show 2

And here is the other one........got a discounted shipping code from them-------$4..........I can go for that if I can re-find the fabrics I wanted!!

Quilt Fabric - Quilt Fabric Sale

Take a look...........

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That's some funky looking fabric FF! Hey, I would love to see the circle quilt....I have a pattern for one and it kind of sounds like the same so can you post a pic.....PLEASE!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-cat View Post
    That's some funky looking fabric FF! Hey, I would love to see the circle quilt....I have a pattern for one and it kind of sounds like the same so can you post a pic.....PLEASE!

Was hoping to find a pic on-line but no luck.

Will have to see how it 'irons up'...........and how far back I can stand to get a pic............not my best work---BY FAR!!

It is just circles.......one is cut in half and one is cut into 1/4ths. It
    was an exercise in using the ruler.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had a sewing day with my girlfriend on Friday, took the day off work, it was great! I got the backing pieced on a quilt and took it to the local quilt shop to drop it off for the long arm quilter. I don't know how much yours charges FF, but it's really not too bad here. It's so worth it to me to get it done, I just don't have the time nor inclination to do it myself. I did it once and would rather piece instead. So.. while I was at the local quilt shop, had to look at their clearance fabrics, I got some black and white christmas fabric, a few with a touch of red. I found a simple pattern to use, so I bought everything I needed including the binding and backing. Definitely not a need, but beautiful fabrics! I have already started cutting, I'm going to work on it today.

Yesterday I finished a table runner I had in my UFO pile as well, it just needed to be squared up and the binding put on it. Here's a pic. It was very easy, you quilt it as you go, so it's definitely quick. I will be making lots of these for christmas gifts. This one is pretty wide, it's 20". I was using a jelly roll and wanted to use them up, but I will cut them shorter and put a border on if I need to.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great going Tervs.........finishing something is so rewarding!

Like the runner.........you did a great job.

I kept the messages we exchanged about the prices.......but by the time I send it...........you know the drill. And for this one, I want to PICK what is done to it and TALK to the gal about it.

One other thing, this gal will 'square it up' ---within reason, which is included in the price........meaning the trimming is done but depending on the stitching, it might not be perfectly square. I don't have the place to lay it out for trimming and messed up a quilt trying to do it!!

Soooooooooo..........thanks for your prior info and I have kept the prices but..........not sure it would be much "savings" with mailing and all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ah, I forgot we talked about quilting, FF. She has done some custom quilting for me on some wallhangings I did. The baby quilt I dropped off, I told her she could do whatever she wanted. I don't really have plans for it, just will put it in my finished pile in case I need a gift of some sort. I'll post a pic next weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Love runner tervs! I am glad that you had such a great sewing day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the compliments on the runner. I think I'm going to make them for gifts, I have lots of strips and you quilt it as you put it together, so it is quick.

I was cutting squares for my black and white quilt. I can't wait to start piecing it together, I love it! I've never done a 2 color quilt.

Happy sewing!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think I am wwwwaaaaaayyyyy behind on my quilt 'diary' so will have to spend time doing that while watching TV.........

I am HORRIBLE about signing my quilts but I do keep a diary of things I have done and the details they involved-- if it was a pattern or my own design, things I would change next time---even if there would be a next time, etc. (no next time in case of the Hip 2B square!!) I should take a pic and put it in there....but....not happening.

One thing I HAVE CONSIDERED----is making a pillow case out of the fabrics in the quilt..........if short on some colors, could just be a patchwork thing.........this would instantly tell me which quilt was in it, and give some extra fabric for 'patches' if needed, further down the line. Would just add white cotton as needed.

HOW DO YOU STORE YOUR QUILTS?????

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good question FF......I would like to know how others store their quilts too.

Can't wait to see pics of the black and white quilt tervs! ..... I bet it will be stunning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-cat View Post
    Good question FF......I would like to know how others store their quilts too.
    I "store" my quilts.........if not over a chair or being used...in cotton pillow cases.

I watch for a neutral (preferably white) color at thrift shop........make sure they are cotton........and get them. If I need to double up the quilts that is okay. That is why I thought making a pillow case out of the fabric would be easier.

Had some free time (from estate crap) this week and have hit a BUNCH of quilt shops............still in sticker shock at prices but one honors JA's coupons and found some gorgeous leaf fabric for my maple leaf quilt..........found some sale stuff today at one and left another w/o buying ANYTHING........... Their CHEAPEST fabric was $11.25!!!!!!!!!!!

Check these patterns out if you want some inspiration........found this online today..........lots of free patterns too........(I was looking for one of their older fabrics.........to no avail....darn!!)

On the left..........click on the quilts and projects........

Home page

Stay tuned............got the pics taken.........will post soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have decided to divide the prints for the Attic Window......and will make two of them so I can experiment with fabrics for the 'sashing' around the window...........got one about half done.

could wrap it up today..........and if not, then for sure, sometime over the weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I spent a good part of the evening last night looking through quilting blogs......there sure is ALOT of them AND so many have tutorials and ideas that now my head is spinning and I want to make them all!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast