2012 Quilting Club - Page 4
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-cat View Post
    I spent a good part of the evening last night looking through quilting blogs......there sure is ALOT of them AND so many have tutorials and ideas that now my head is spinning and I want to make them all!
    I love to do that dc.............and I know what you mean about the 'too many ideas' thing but I just love looking at all the creativity.

Think it is two more weeks and my first quilt show is here......then it is about one a month I believe............enough to stay inspired!

Ran into a hang up on the A Window.........and haven't touched it in a couple days.............

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I should come real close to finishing the piecing on the Attic
    Window quilt this week...............the first one.

I "fussy" cut so many florals that I will have enough to make two.

So I plan to try to keep them both small enough to quilt myself.

I love the potential of the A.W. quilt so can't wait to see how they turn out...........what can be improved, etc.

QUILT SHOWS START IN A COUPLE WEEKS....................can't wait. They go every other week, through April.........so
    about three of them, that I go to............for spring. All are just a short ride away........and one is close to a
    Craft Warehouse........... WHOOT............you know what that means????

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oooh, I wish we had quilt shows here. You are so lucky FF. I did find 4 quilting books hidden in a closet yesterday that my Mom had bought me at a garage sale so I have been enjoying browsing those...BUT... the BEST news is.... our Walmart still has the fabric section.... WELL....all the Walmarts that have closed their fabric sections are sending US their leftover fabric AND they are selling it from .75 to $2.00 A YARD!!!! I have picked up yards and yards already! Everytime I go there, they have gotten more in and I snatch it up. I am buying one yard of everything I like to add to my fabric stash. So I see many, many quilts being made this winter!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oooh, I wish we had quilt shows here. You are so lucky FF.
    I do like them and try to go to 'support' them though I don't always
    buy the tickets for the 'raffle quilt'.........have to like it.

If I really dug around and wanted to do a little travel I could probably go to one every weekend, but some are on the west side and this time of year the weather is too 'iffy' getting over the pass.

Surprised you don't have one............do you know if you have many other quilters in your area? Must have some............I have seen two quilt shops on the net..............though not much info.

Some of our 'tiny' towns will have one every other year........missed one last year in CDA, Idaho, ......it was the 'other' year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have never seen one advertised. We do have a new quilt shop right next door... ... but the prices are outrageous! It starts at $14.99 a yard! She might have some info on local shows...will have to wander over there one day and ask....most of them are in the Twin Cities I think.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

but the prices are outrageous! It starts at $14.99 a yard! ...most of them are in the Twin Cities I think.
    That is really high..........but mine seldom have much under $10....and it goes up from there.........often, even the SALES!! I just hit them all a few weeks back and bought very little........due to prices, not because I wasn't looking!!

Don't know the towns near you........and you will have to re-enter the info about your town, but it is on this list..........might help......

Minnesota Quilt Guilds - MN Quilting Guilds listed in alphabetical order by city

When you can get to the quilt guild sites, they will 'usually' say if they have a quilt show......and often give the dates.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love going to quilt shows! Such beautiful quilts and great ideas! I have a quilt shop about 7 blocks from me. I buy some stuff there periodically. I always check their clearance section! I picked up a quilt from there that I sent to be quilted, I will put the binding on it and take a picture. I might get it done this weekend, if not I'll get it done on Monday, my March Sewing Day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Will be waiting for the pic, tervs.........our quilt shops never have any quilts for sale.......that I have seen.

Would LOVE to own one of the ones they call "Hawaiian quilts" and there is no way I would ever do one........too much work, and too intricate!! But they are gorgeous.

The quilt shows can keep you inspired and I love to look at the use of colors. Get lots of ideas at them.

Will be putting the final sashing and border on the Attic Window quilt today........turning out much better than I had thought.
    Should have had more contrast with the window.......but, live and learn............still pleased with it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oooh, pictures will be here soon!!! Yippee!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Guilt, guilt - and I know you did not meant bring it to the surface - but/and I have done no quilting on my Hawaiian quilt. Have not been interested in doing any of it...ugh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default here is the rag quilt.........

The rag quilt was done over a week ago.......clipped, and washed....but had dead camera batteries...........as usual!!

Turned out very small but will use it at the foot of my bed, as I used batting and it is really heavy!! Or on the back of the couch....for the kids.

The Attic Window Quilt got posted here.........

https://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/...e-finally.html

...will put 5 inch borders on it today.....but they wouldn't show up in the pics anyway.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Love the fabric on the rag quilt FF and the Attic Window quilt is gorgeous! Great job girl!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FF you really are progressing on your stash-busting and making these beautiful quilts! Must feel great, good work!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Suma and Dcat!

Suma.......I have really made some great progress this year and absolutely COULD NOT believe how many WIP I had in my
    basement!! (a WIP for me is when I make 'that first cut' into the fabric........up until then, it can all be put
    away again, and start over!!) It was like Xmas down there while I was cleaning up...........re-organizing....and
    wondering what I was doing with what...........

Have some more 'fussy cut' florals to work with and then I am DONE............nothing but new projects.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Found this site recently and if you want inspiration, it is fantastic.

You can look at the quilts by patterns.........love it.

Like to see what colors others have used and lay outs they have done...............check out the bargello quilts!! One of my
    favorites!

Quilt Gallery Menu - Blogs - Quilting Board

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast