2012 Quilting Club - Page 7
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Looking forward to seeing them FF!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-cat View Post
    Looking forward to seeing them FF!
    I e-mailed what I had but might post the one tote that is soooo cute here.........though not quilting. (later---if I don't forget)

ANOTHER QUILT SHOW weekend..........didn't take a camera but we shopped our way home............great time!!

The quilt show was smaller........probably only 200-300 or so quilts so that meant more time to shop--- outside the quilt show vendors---on our way home.................AND WE DID!!!

Couple of fabric shops.........yarn shop..........and a FANTASTIC THRIFT SHOP-----with some great prices.....on everything!!!!

We found GOBS of patterns, of all kinds, and I asked for a discount AND GOT IT. They were the kind in the zip lock bags that quilt shops have............and were ONLY marked 94 cents to begin with..............and I just "kiddingly" asked the gal for a discount (as we were already amazed at the low price) and she ended up giving the three of us..........a BOGO---a TRUE BOGO---buy one get one free!!!........ A pattern for under 50 cents.........that will often go for $8 AND UP in a quilt shop??? Heck yes, I will go through them ALL!!!

I came home with 8 new patterns.............got up this morning........and was sorry I didn't buy more!!!

Came home all inspired too................now just need some time and discipline!!

Not through with my quilt show weekends yet...........

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds sooooo fabulous and great BOGO bonus!! WTG

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ooooh FF, what fun! See, never hurts to ask for a discount! Thanks for the email pics...they were gorgeous and I loved that tote bag.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Sumacaroni View Post
    Sounds sooooo fabulous and great BOGO bonus!! WTG
    Thanks DC and Suma............

Suma's post on the other thread jogged my memory.........and since she is doing totes.......just have to post these pics......will do both of them if I can get them to load.....

The ecru one is just drop dead cute/gorgeous and the pic doesn't come anywhere near doing it justice.........she had so much work into it.............all around on every side. Since you aren't supposed to TOUCH stuff I couldn't get the back at all......
    We stood looking at it for a long time to catch ALL the detail..........don't miss the bug button that she used for closing the flap......how cute is that???

These are from my prior quilt show travels..........and don't know what I was thinking..........they CERTAINLY ARE quilting....DUH!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WHOOT!!! Another quilt show done!!!

Some great quilts......but didn't take my camera. Will watch their website to see if they post the winners for the voting and then let you know. Then you can see a few. They even had one small section of just totes........and one of just pillowcases (not quilted).........really cute!! Who knew that you can do P cases so many ways???.......gave me lots of new ideas.

That is the last one for my annual "spring fling"...........and I managed to squeeze in FOUR THRIFT SHOPS!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am loving the pillowcases I have been seeing on blogs lately FF. What did ya get at the thrift stores? What did ya get at the thrift stores?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-cat View Post
    I am loving the pillowcases I have been seeing on blogs lately FF. What did ya get at the thrift stores? What did ya get at the thrift stores?
    About the pillowcases...........I have been thinking about doing at least one for every quilt. First.....it would give me something cotton to store the quilt in, and I could tell at a glance which quilt it was.....second it would be a great way of giving 'extra fabric' in case something happened to the quilt. Two would be nice.......but don't have the fabric for two on some quilts.

I posted something about what I got on another thread.....but:

over three yards of some really good quality, plum colored, flannel for $4. (Maywood Studios, shadowplay)

another, under a yard piece, of a blue cotton that I think might work for a project....$1.

four magazines (quilting)..........BOGO, so worked out to about 47 cents a mag.

eight patterns..........another BOGO......again, 47 cents a pattern.

D rings......25 cents

Coffee cup....project item--25 cents

Woolrich brand, spring, cloth coat, zip up with pockets....$1

Think that is about all..........didn't spend any money at two of them, and about $12 total between the other two. Was VERY IMPRESSED with the prices at 3 of them........the other one was Goodwill..........need say no more.......high $, messy, busy, and a total zoo!! Had one thing in my hand..........looked at the line at the register and left!! Kids were in there going NUTSO in the toy aisles, and the parents were off doing their thing...........just got the heck outta there!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have decided to make a wool quilt.........have started cutting up my felted sweaters. Will save some for other projects, but I can use the sleeves and etc. with the quilt. Wanted to see about how many more I would need.........so I can start hunting.

Found some at a rummage sale this weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Been working on my mom's quilt. I hope to get it finished this week, so I can get it off to the quilters by Friday. I also started working on some string blocks. I love how they look, but they sure take longer than I thought they would! They are fun, just some mindless sewing and using up some of my stash, so win-win in my book.

frugalfanny - I can't wait to see your wool quilt! It sounds like it will be lovely!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfranny View Post
    Thanks DC and Suma............

Suma's post on the other thread jogged my memory.........and since she is doing totes.......just have to post these pics......will do both of them if I can get them to load.....
    Awesome! Thanks for the pics! Love them

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by tervsforme View Post

frugalfanny - I can't wait to see your wool quilt! It sounds like it will be lovely!
    Thanks tervs.............lord only knows when I will get it done........but just another WIP for now. Will take a lot of sweaters, coats, etc. Been reading a lot and decided won't be using 'just squares'.........will use any size and butt them together........I think....haven't started sewing yet!!

Got my two kinds of interfacing yesterday at JA's for it, one with coupons (Solvy)..............had 2 of their 60% mystery coupons and I KILLED THEM..........got a new 36 X 24 cutting mat for UNDER $30!! WHOOT!!! The gal wasn't going to honor both of them but I knew how they coded them and THEY WERE BOTH GOOD!!!! On the code..........if the last two digits---of the last four digits---are different, it will ring up okay.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Knowlege is indeed power!!WTGFF!! Love the idea of your wool quilt too!

Going to the other side to pick up DHfromthe airport and will swing by the machine repair shop that has my Pfaff.Notanswering the phone - hope all is good with them. If so, I will be bringing my OLD and newly found Kenmore in for servicing.

Students are calling.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Was sewing day with my girlfriend today. Still working on my mom's quilt, then I took a break and started one of those jellyroll race quilts. I got the strips all sewn together, tomorrow I will sew the quilt together. I went to the quilt shop today and saw one done in batiks, it was stunning. I'm just using some Moda fabric that I had, it goes great in my living room, I can't wait to finish it!

Frugalfanny - great job on your deals at JA! I've been doing my best to stay out of stores. I do need some stabilizer though for my embroidery, I will have to look for some deals on that.

Happy quilting!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tervs, that sewing day sounds so fun.........I would love to do that. Some shops have a sewing day, but with lots of strangers, not my idea of fun.

I ordered the backing for the batik quilt today........will take it to the quilter next week. Nancy's notions sent 'free shipping'.....

And..........NEVER get free shipping from e-quilter...........but got one today......may have to check for the backing on heart quilt.
    Have decided that I am going to have the quilter do the batik first........smaller, cheaper, and I will see what sort of work they do. Wasn't very
    impressed with one a few years back.......so think I learned.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast