2013 Quilting club
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile 2013 Quilting club

What? Is no one doing any quilting now?

What have you been working on? Do you have any pics to post?

Was surprised that this thread hadn't been started before...........

It is quickly coming up to my 'quilt show season' and I can't wait to go. I am cramming EVEN MORE into the trips this year and may have to overnight at one!

I am pleased with the quilts that I got quilted in the last few months. Now I need to get busy and get the binding on them all......got behind on it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mahalo for staring this FF! Looking forward to seeing pictures from your quilt shows! Some year I am going to join you.

Have not been doing any quilting since I don't want to mess up my DMIL's home - but am getting itchy quilting fingers!

Any pictures of the work you had quilted - bindings or not!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mauimagic View Post
    Any pictures of the work you had quilted - bindings or not!
    I am sure I had posted most of the quilts before....( we have been hanging around here for awhile MM!!)............and I don't think you could see the quilting
    on them..........I tried that when a friend wanted to see the quilting on the heart bargello...........it just doesn't show up well.

Our main quilt show, here in town, is in October.............the ones coming up now are the ones I travel to each year. Usually just 'day trips'.........

I have not even come close to getting the quilting done that I wanted to this winter............life just got in the way. Though I did get some sewing done.

Yes, I think you should join me...........or better yet, we should plan on meeting somewhere for a monster one...........there is one in Texas.......also one in Paducah, Kentucky.............would love to go to both of them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay - let's start thinking about it. When and where is the one in Texas?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Okay - let's start thinking about it. When and where is the one in Texas?
    YEAH, RIGHT!!!! Will we be alive and able to WALK???.........plus see the quilts when this happens???? we can dream........and planning is half the fun!

Here is a tour thing about it.............though I WOULD NOT take a tour to do it.........would go on my own. I always check out what they do.......it gives me ideas and can help in the planning................It is in Houston every year. There is also a quilt market.........but that is closed to the public. Know any shop owners so we can go???? Wouldn't that be a dream????...............

Houston Festival

Here is a list I found..........then I get sidetracked reading about them all........if you can dig up a 'shop owner' that trade show in Portland would be okay too!!

Mary Flanaganspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typed Woolens

I would also like to go to some 'fiber festivals'...............but they are far and few between here on west coast........some in Oregon.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I did the Houston show once, just happened to be in town that weekend for something else. It was mind blowing, and exhausting.

My current project is some quilted placemats that I am putting the bindings on. Yesterday I made more binding. Today I think I'll start sewing it down on one or two more. There will be a set of 8 eventually. Two are finished so far.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Don't forget pictures CH!

WTG FF! Shall check it out - and I agree that dreaming nd planning are the best!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary Housewife View Post
    I did the Houston show once, just happened to be in town that weekend for something else. It was mind blowing, and exhausting. .
    Oh THAT would be so fun................how long ago do you do this? Did it take more than one day to get through it.......or did you see it all??

Our Sew Expo is coming up next week.......and I am not going..........the price has gotten almost crazy and you can't get through it in one day. I haven't gone
    for a few years (?3) now. This time of year is always "iffy" at best if I can get over the mtn. so I quit planning on it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quilting is on hold here until my arm heals. I broke it pretty badly much to my dismay as I was going to be teaching a quilting class to a group of ladies. That's been put off until it's healed. Up until then I was quilting up a storm.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by homesteadmamma View Post
    Up until then I was quilting up a storm.
    What were you working on? Any pics? Were these for gifts or your own use?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hope that your arm heals well and swiftly HM! As FF said, pictures are always welcome!

I saw a picture of a string quilt that looked interesting - now I need to find where I stored the picture. A couple of years ago, I was really into string quilting - great way to use scraps!

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfranny View Post
    Oh THAT would be so fun................how long ago do you do this? Did it take more than one day to get through it.......or did you see it all??

Our Sew Expo is coming up next week.......and I am not going..........the price has gotten almost crazy and you can't get through it in one day. I haven't gone
    for a few years (?3) now. This time of year is always "iffy" at best if I can get over the mtn. so I quit planning on it.
    I only spent one afternoon at Houston and it was a good 18 years ago. I was brain dead before I'd seen half the show. I think I would have needed 4 days to see everything.

Are you talking about the Sewing Expo that moves around the country? The one that comes here is only about $8 admission, but their class prices are just ridiculous. It's like $60 plus supplies for a class the local shop would charge $30 (inclusive) for. And the show itself is not large, I usually only spend a day there.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A QUESTION FOR ALL YOU QUILTERS......................need some 'sensible advice' here.........

Do any of you just leave a quilt unfinished because you don't like it???

As some know I have been catching up with my quilting by having a pro do many of my quilts.........thus.........finishing them. Made great progress.......BUT....

I left a couple and just couldn't 'justify' spending the money to have them done............now..........it is just the patterns that I am not impressed with. One was a kit that I did....just to learn the process. And one is a nice flannel stripe that I did just because I wanted something done (and it is huge!)......something quick and easy.

So..........knowing me..........I probably w/n finish them even to tie them or do some simple quilting myself...............should I have the pro do them? Otherwise, they will just sit. And don't say give them to some org....................I have another that I want to give away (long story, colorful, and top done but unquilted)........and can't find someone that does this.....but may make progress on this at the upcoming quilt shows.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Don't think I have ever left a quilt without a basic tying. But I would not pay to have a quilt done professionally if I did not like it. I would tie yours for you if you lived closer!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

But I would not pay to have a quilt done professionally if I did not like it. I would tie yours for you if you lived closer!
    Maybe saying "I didn't like it" was incorrect............they are 'okay'..............I am just not sure they are "worth" the expense.......I guess they are so plain--in my mind---and that plays a part..............the kit is 'plain' due to the colors in the kit. The kit itself was an attic window with mitered corners...on the small side for my typical quilts. The other is a nice flannel material--stripe---that I just did a 'cheater rail fence'........where you just turn the stripes and sew. I am still sort of thinking about doing this one ONLY because it is such nice fabric.......and it is a large quilt!!

Maybe I will sit on it.....for say...a year........and see if I can get anywhere near doing something with them....before I pay the pro. I already took one in that I was thinking about tying and glad I did.

AND..........I am trying to get a "selection" of quilts and then let the kid pick 4 that she wants.........one for her and hub, and 3 for the kids. This would add to selection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast