ARRRRRRRGH!!! I hate triangles!!!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Angry ARRRRRRRGH!!! I hate triangles!!!

I am so mad and frustrated I could just scream. Why do I even bother? I am THIS close to selling all my quilting supplies and fabric and giving up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh No! Michelle!! first of all --> I have felt this way too. But I am getting better each time I try...even if a few times i ended up with worse than what I started with. I am getting better now each time i do them, I know that you can do it! keep at it and you will get it! When I get frustrated with quilting or sewing, i go stamping or scrapbook for a bit, when I get tired of that i go baking for a little while and eventually I get back to the quilting with a renewed sense of it. Perhaps a break is just what the quilt doctor perscribes? Don't give it up just yet!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay, Michelle, take a deep breath and count to 10. Then put the quilting down and go do scrapbooking or something else that takes you completely away from quilting. Even if you have to take a couple of days before you go back to it.

Tell me where your having trouble and I'll try to explain it to you. What pattern are you doing that has triangles?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The problem is that I just can't sew. I am horrible. I always put things down and dread going back to them.

I am truly not cut out for quilting.

I will sleep on this decision, but I really think I'm going to start getting rid of all my stuff tomorrow.

I was doing a friendship star CJ for the charity quilt contest.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Michelle, can I make a suggestion. Don't get rid of your quilting stuff. If your frustrated, put it away for awhile and do something you really enjoy doing.

Another suggestion might be to take a beginner's quilting course. Because your so visual (me too), it might really help to see how to do the different patterns.

When I first started quilting, I had to take a beginner's course as well. If you had ever seen my first small quilt, you'd laugh your head off. I was so bad at sewing that I wouldn't take another block to the class. I just went and took notes.

It take practise and more practise and more practise until you get those triangles, applique, etc. right.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Michelle, don't get rid of all your quilting items. You will regret it later. I think you just need a break from it for awhile. Like CJ said, go do something else for awhile.

Sending you hugs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks all for your advice.

My problem is that when I do step away from it for a while, I dread going back to whatever I was doing. I've been interested in quilting for 2 yrs now, and the only things I've done are a quillow (with my mother's help) and 2 blocks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dont give up! see it as a challenge that you CAN win! I have no sewing experience at all! I am doing the quilting because I know I can, and even if they are not good I DID THEM! They do not have to be perfect.

You might want a little break. If after taking a break, you really just dont LIKE quilting, thats ok too.