ALL quilters - please read
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Exclamation ALL quilters - please read

Michelle and I are looking at putting a couple of great quilting projects together for the new year. You've all learnt so much with the tutorials, now the fun begins!!!

The first project we have lined up is a friendship quilt, where members make blocks and give those blocks to the other members and you get blocks back in return from those same members. So lets say there are 8 members who want to take part, you would end up making 7 blocks for the members, plus your own block. You would receive 7 blocks in return and finish the quilt yourself.

I'm only throwing this out here to see if there would be any interest in such a thing. It would be monitored VERY CLOSELY by myself, along with Michelle's help, so that you wouldn't be out any material and not get blocks back.

So anyone interested? All the rules and block design will be announced in the new year. And if you put your name here, you can always back out in the new year. We just want to see if there is any interest in this type of thing. We will also be announcing this at www.homesteadgarden/forums/ to see if anyone is interested there as well.

Anyone can take part in this?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like lots of fun! count me in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CJ - I think this is a wonderful idea! I'd love to be included - BUT - my blocks are awful! I'm ashamed to keep them myself, can't imagine sending them off!! Will you be doing this again if this one goes well?? I'm still trying ~ honest!! I've gotten to where I practice on paper first before I actually cut my fabric & with just that alone, I'm seeing an improvement, but just not improvement enough!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob mylittle4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would be interested. I have got to get back to sewing for enjoyment rather than a living. I miss it so much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Debbie, first and foremost - this will be friendship quilt blocks. There will be experienced quilters and not so experienced quilters, so join in. It isn't going to be until the new year so that will give you time to practise. And I'm sure there will be many blocks that won't be perfect and thats okay by me!!!

Friendship quilts aren't perfect!!! They aren't meant to be. What they are meant to be is friends sharing blocks with each other, made in love and in fun.

Michelle and I are really excited about this. Theres a lot of planning to go into this type of project, so thats why we need to see if there is enough interest. Deb, will keep your name as interested, is that okay. Has I said, we will have a real sign up when the time comes for this. This is basically only to see if there is enough interest.

btw - we are trying to make this as frugal as possible. If you feel you'd like to do this, but can't possibly swing all the material, please pm me okay and let me know!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yay! I'm glad to see the interest is there for this sort of project

I too would be willing to help out anyone who would like to participate but maybe can't afford to do so. Just lmk.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would like to participate as well. I, like Debbie, have awful blocks. Hopefully with practice I will get better. *sigh*

Debbie, I guess we could always swap each other. You know awful for awful? just teasin. I am sure yours aren't that bad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Melody, you did a wonderful job on your jar block for the charity quilt.

Woo hoo, I'm excited to see the interest. This means Michelle and I will be going ahead and getting this set up for the new year.

Watch for further announcements.

btw - were both so excited about this, we probably won't sleep for days.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yoo Hoo

ME! I'm interested!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by frugalmel
    Debbie, I guess we could always swap each other. You know awful for awful? just teasin. I am sure yours aren't that bad.
    Yeah - whatever Mel!! CJ says your block was nice - if I sent a block to her I swear she'd post "well - thank you Deb - a little practice & you'll get even better..." Which translates "OMG POOR GIRL!! NO QUILTING SKILLS AT ALL!!"

I really would like to do this CJ but I really stink at this quilting block thing.....maybe if I could get my scanner fixed or get a digital camera, I could post step-by-step and you (or Chelle?!?!) could tell me where I start to go wrong ("Um, the fabric store Deb - that's where things went downhill!") I'm trying so deperately to get "back to basics" and nothing says that more than quilting in my book......

I promise I'll do the absolute best that I'm able to do CJ.....*gulp* other folks will be seeing this......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Debbie, you'll do fine. Post some pictures if you want and I'll help you any way I can.

Okay ladies, this is a GO!!!! It will be a simple pattern, which we will give to you in January.

Watch for upcoming news on this over the next several weeks - Michelle and I are very excited about this. Actually, were very excited about several projects we have planned for the new year. This is only a start!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yeah!!! I'm so glad that everyone is getting into this as much as CJ and I are

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by homesteadmamma
    Debbie, you'll do fine. Post some pictures if you want and I'll help you any way I can.

Okay ladies, this is a GO!!!! It will be a simple pattern, which we will give to you in January.

Watch for upcoming news on this over the next several weeks - Michelle and I are very excited about this. Actually, were very excited about several projects we have planned for the new year. This is only a start!!!
    CJ, should we tell them what the pattern is so they can practice? I know I will be if I find the time!

Heather Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This sounds fun, I'm in too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay ladies, here is the block we will be making. This pattern WILL NOT CHANGE, so if you want to practise before the 15th of January, go ahead.

Just remember, the blocks you making while practising will not be the blocks you will be sending out. We will be going according to each person's preference in color.

This block is called a Friendship block, is simple one and only takes 2 colors. Also it is very similar to a block we did in the tutorial. HINT: When making this block, make sure your blocks go the right way, if not, it won't be called a friendship block.

So ladies, practise away and see how good you can get before the we start this in January. If you have any questions in making this block, just ask away and I'll help you out. Post pictures if you can and that helps to point out where the problem is.

http://ttsw.com/BlockOfTheMonth/1997...dshipStar.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast