*UPDATED* CONTEST - Quilting Club Members only
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Exclamation CONTEST - Quilting Club Members only

Time for another contest. I'm going to make this one very simple for all you club members. There will be one prize, which will consist of:

~5 new fat quarters
    ~2 spools of Sulky thread
    ~1 quilting magazine
    ~A surprise made by me

For the contest, the only thing you will have to do is post in this thread telling us what drew you to quilting. Along with that, you must post a picture of your favorite block pattern. Thats all!!

The contest will run until May 25th. I will then put everyone's name in a hat, and Chelsey will draw the winner's name.

Good luck!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I was drawn to quilting because it's my mother's passion and because I ADORE fabric.

My favorite quilt pattern is hard, but here is one I really like:

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've wanted to make a quilt for several years now because I love to sew and I love cloth. My real inspiration came from the internet and looking at all of the beautiful quilts that others have made and posted pictures of. I found a few web sites that gave tutorials like CJ does here and I printed them and went over and over the instructions.

I saw one that looked simple and decided to give it a try. It was a 9 Patch and I gave it to my ds for his Christmas present 2 years ago. He loves it and shows it off to his friends.

This is my current favorite block pattern..

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wanting to live the pioneer life, drew me to quilting. My first thing I had made was a black and blue 9 patch table doily. BTW my foster kids had been just adopted by an Amish couple. So I was drawn into the colors they used.

I can't post a picture, lol but do you see the quilting member block below this typing? I truly do like that. lol hope that is enough.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have always loved the art of quilting.  I loved reading the accounts of quilters who poured their hearts and souls into the quilts that they designed and made for their families.  I started quilting because I wanted to be able to leave a legacy for my children.  I try to create heirlooms that will be around to warm the generations of my family.

I have so very many favorite quilt blocks that it is so hard to pick just one but I guess I will say the Mariner's Compass is one of my favorites.

Photo of Hawaiian Garden.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by Katybird
    I have always loved the art of quilting.  I loved reading the accounts of quilters who poured their hearts and souls into the quilts that they designed and made for their families.  I started quilting because I wanted to be able to leave a legacy for my children.  I try to create heirlooms that will be around to warm the generations of my family.

I have so very many favorite quilt blocks that it is so hard to pick just one but I guess I will say the Mariner's Compass is one of my favorites.

Photo of Hawaiian Garden.
    That's really pretty, Kathy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What drew me to quilting is the childhood memories of my grandmothers quilting setting in her living room and her quilting. I was so amazed that someone could create such beautiful designs out of just different cloths. Back then she bought some fabric but most of hers was from clothing that she could pick up at yard sales, auctions, or just outgrown clothes.
    I guess this is really what drew me to quilting, canning, and all other forms of creating.

Here's one of my favorite blocks. Because my grandma made many of them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I started sewing in Jr High. Made my own clothes all through High School. My grandmother and mother both quilted. Grandma did it as a diversion while grandpa was overseas. Mom took it up as a creative outlet. I needed to get in on it.

I am not a very traditional quilter. I love looking at traditional blocks but I usually do things that are more less traditional. The excitement I put into my quilts is from fabric combinations and color usage.

I attached a traditional block that I like but have never done.

It's called Card Trick

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Only today and tomorrow left for the contest.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My Granny Kirkland (my daddy's mom) quilted...as far back as I can remember, she was always making a quilt for someone....then my other grandma started quilting....always seemed so - um - feminine....

I know that sounds stupid, but both of my grandmothers were such Godly women & I always associated quilting with something that Godly women did....I wanted that for me.....

Fast forward to the Village....

I had never had any luck with quilting....I came here & everyone was so encouraging....I started trying to piece together pieces of paper before I ruined real fabric! I've got 4 really, really pathetic works in progress that I'd *never* show anyone!

I can't find a "copy-able" pic of my favorite quilt pattern (Antique Tile) but this is my second most favorite!

The Double Nine Patch...

Heather Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have so many but have always loved the Double Wedding Ring:

I have always been drawn to quilting ever since a little girl at my great aunts house where she had quilts on every bed and was always in the middle of making two or three. I've always admired quilters and quiltmaking but never thought of trying it as it would be too hard. Coming here and seeing CJ's tutorials and with some small nudges and all you ladies quilting I thought I'd try and I love it....not good at it but love it! lol! This is something I will be doing for years and years to come...trying new blocks, colours and quilts!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

And the winner drawn by my Chelsey, is:

JEANNA

Congratulations Jeanna. Can you pm me your address and I'll get your prize package in the mail within the next couple weeks. I'm not quite finished with the surprise but it should be done by the weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Congrats Jeanna!

Heather Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congratulations!!!! And thanks CJ for running this contest! Fun to see what everyone likes!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congratulations Jeanna!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast