Having a bad Unilever day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thumbs down Having a bad Unilever day

A few months back Unilever had a huge rebate offer through CVS pharmacy. It included a bunch of Suave products, Caress, Finesse, Ragu, Lipton and maybe a few others. I spent a lot of time matching sales and coupons to the rebate offers, and everything came out free or very nearly free--a really great deal.

Well, yesterday I got a letter from Unilever saying I had failed to provide proof of purchase (even though I sent in my receipt and wrote all the UPCs on the rebate form as specified. Basically the letter said I had 14 days to resubmit the missing materials. The frustrating thing is that they kept my receipt and form, so I now have no records of my purchase. (Don't think they want to make it very easy to resubmit.)

Today I called the customer service number, and they basically said they couldn't help me w/o knowing how much I spent, what I bought or the date I bought it. (Even though I mailed them all that info.)

This is super frustrating b/c I know I sent them the required materials. I of course wish I had made copies of everything, but I've never had a rebate rejected before and didn't expect this problem.

I just can't believe a big company like Unilever handled things so poorly. I intend to write a letter of complaint, but don't know what else to do. Did anyone else participate in this rebate and run into a problem? Or does anyone happen to have a copy of the form?

This would have been a big rebate check, and now it looks like I'm going to be stuck picking up the tab. Grrr.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

UGH! How frustrating for you! I don't have a copy of the form, but I wish I did. I also did this rebate, but haven't heard anything back from them yet. I hope you are able to get it straightened out.

I think making copies of everything is probably this best advice I have heard when dealing with rebates.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When you sent your rebate in did you include barcodes off of the products? This is what they seem to want, and I would just about swear that the form only asked for the receipt and the UPCs written in on the form.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm sorry your having a problem w/the rebate. I didn't see this one but I usually shop @ CVS just about every week. Sometimes it's easier for me to stop there quickly to get some of my shopping done...mostly sale items. They also accept the "internet printable coupons" which one of the grocery stores I shop @ King Kullen does not.

I have a bad habit of saving some of the flyers though! I'd put them in the bag w/my purchases & somehow they find there way outta the bags & wind up in my SUV. I haven't done rebates in awhile since I hate sending the receipts along w/the UPC's it's a PITA! They're not always on the same ones or I'll need the receipt for a return & don't have it.

CVS has substitute receipts they give out when buying a rebate item...You have to ask for them. It kinda looks like the CVS Raincheck same size piece of paper.

I use this site for complaints. They have helped quite a few times w/problems mostly fast food companies who sent me free coupons.

http://www.planetfeedback.com/

PlanetFeedback is just taking a brief siesta while it gears up for an exciting re-launch. Rest assured, we will return shortly

Was the rebate in the CVS flyer?

I always made copies of my UPC's & receipts STAPLES. My last stop before going to the post office to mail them. Now I just scan them on my printer & either save them printed out or on a disk to print if need be.

~ANDREA~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

the rebate was a single page, glossy form (though quite large in size), and had places to write in all of the Unilever UPS. It wasn't part of a weekly sales flyer. You actually had to ask for it at the counter to get it (at least at my local stores).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Has anyone gotten their rebate back yet?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not sure but having a CVS rewards card gives you a total of purchases. Maybe CVS can look it up for you & give you a copy of your receipts. by your CVS rewards card #. Sorry I haven't seen this flyer @ the store for this rebate. Most likely DH went shopping w/me so he's very impatient. I don't get to look @ too much stuff!

We basically make a quick trip there to get Ma the Stouffer's Lasagna, Boost, Os-Cal, Tylenol depending on what's onsale I may need like toilet paper, paper towels, etc.

I found this Unilever rebate that was from January 2, 2005, and March 1, 2005

http://freebies.about.com/gi/dynamic...om/savings.cfm

listed @ this website there is a rebate download form.

~ANDREA~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This happened to me with Home Depot. When we moved into our house, I got tons of rebates from Home Depot, from things like our refridgeartor ($100) to paint ($10) and many other things.
    Well, I mailed them all off, it totaled about $250. They never "received" them. I argured and argured until they gave me my $100 rebate for the fridge, but the rest was a loss. I'm still upset about this 2 years later. I now make a copy of each and every receipt.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, I'll definitely make copies of all of my rebates from now on. My husband and I have also had our share of problems with Home Depot over the installation of our roof, and all we were offered was a $100 gift card. --Must be their standard fix-all.