Who does Walgreen's rebates?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Who does Walgreen's rebates?

I have been trying to really get into couponing and increase the amount that I save on groceries. I've been saving some money at Walgreens by combining manufacturers coupons and their store coupons. Now I am looking at their rebates. I know a lot of you are actively doing rebates, so, what I want to know is do you do Walgreen's rebates and is it worth it???

TIA!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

wow! it looks like there is a lot of information there! I'm going back when I have more time. Thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just make sure you make copies of everything you send them. The are good about denying you your rebate saying you did not purchase it. I was owed over $40 in rebates and it took 4 months to get it and I had to send it in 3 times. What a pain. I do not do very many walgreens rebates anymore as I do not want my money tied up for that long anymore.

If I did not make copies I would of been out the $40 as I would have not had a way of proving I even sent it in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I used to, but they my stuff got "lost" in the mail so many times that I got irritated and stopped. Definitely make copies of everything.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I do about one per month and have only had 1 problem in over a year. They said I didn't purchase something that I clearly did so I sent the rebate copies of the copies I had made in. They promptly made it right.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree, Walgreens is a big fat PAIN about their rebates. They deny things for no logical reason, and when you call they act like they're doing you a favor by "going ahead and processing it for you". Gee, ya think? Since I BOUGHT IT and all?

And then it takes 3-4 weeks to receive your check. And they'll lie and tell you the check was sent three weeks ago and then tell you "we hear the post office is running slow lately". Yeah....

Walgreens makes me mad. I prefer Rite Aid; I can do it online and see the amount of my check before requesting. This way, if I've purchased an ineligible item, I can SEE before submitting and return it (which I've done a couple times).

Some people love them, though. Same way some people love CVS's extra bucks program, which I find to be a headache.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do Walgreens rebates, but as the other posters already mentioned just make sure to make copies of everything before you send it in. I have never had one lost, but I did have them reject an item that I clearly bought.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been doing Walgreens rebates since 2003 and can honestly say I got all my rebates within a reasonable amount of time. It is really wise to scan copies of your submission just in case it gets lost in the mail. When there were issues in the past and I had to call I just let the rep know that I am looking at the copy of my submission and I did buy the correct qualifiers. All of the issues have been resolved in my favor.

This new register rewards where cash coupons good on your next order come out of their catalina machines have even become better.

I am one of the fortunate ones, I have 4 Walgreens around me that are very customer friendly and the DM that covers the area is probably the best I've encountered in terms of customer service.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have not had any problems with Walgreens. I have actually sent in rebate three weeks after the date they want it postmarked by and still recieved my rebates.

I get mine put on my gift card. It is better for me that way. For one thing, I don't go to the credit union unless I have at least $100 to deposit. Since DH's pay is done by direct deposit, I rarely have a reason to go to the credit union. Many times rebate checks just sit around here for a month or longer before I deposit them. The other reason I like getting it on the gift card is the 10% bonus. Our tax rate is 10% so getting that back is great for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for all the honest feedback, good and bad.

I'm going to try it, I think. I have a scanner at work, so I will scan everything before I send it. That way I won't have a ton of paperwork sitting around to lose. I am pretty confident in the Walgreens around here. I have 3 very close to where I live and work and they all have great customer service.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We don't have a Walgreen's here. Our equivalent is CVS and Rite Aid. I only do rebates when I would ALREADY buy the item. And it depends on what mood I'm in. Sometimes I don't feel like fooling with it.