What a waste of a weekend
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default What a waste of a weekend

RANT ON:
    I'm so aggravated!!!!
    It's a freak'n holiday weekend! FINALLY a sunny weekend in New England!

I asked DH what he wanted to do this weekend.
    "sit by the pool"
    That's fine. BUT!....

Yanno what! he hasn't come out of that damn house! off his damn chair! to come outside by the pool. ALL WEEKEND!

Sick of that sheet!

I work M-F and gone 10 hours a day because he won't pay for college tuition... so when weekends come around... I'm looking for some enjoyment. I'm NOT looking to hang alone. This is an every weekend occurance.

I told DS21, that I'm disgusted that another weekend AND a precious holiday! to boot! has gone to the shitter!!

DS suggested, from now on- we make our own plans. If he wants to get off his ass and come along- fine. if not.. too bad.

Who knows how many weekends are left in this world and I can't tell you how much it bothers me to waste it away.

Yes, I've already sat down and talked with him about it.
    The only way he gets up off the chair is if he has to pee, go to bed, golf or go out with the boys.
    that's it. That's right. Not even to eat.
    Oh! let me tell you what happened this morning.

He wanted scrambled eggs and toast. White toast.
    Yeah, yeah... I know- white toast.

I'm in the kitchen.. pulling the stuff out- he's standing there, checking what I'm pulling out.
    "WAAAAHT! Why are the eggs green!!"
    Our farm lady has chickens that lay different color eggs. They were laid last week. I can see he's looking nauseated.

"WTF is that!" he says to me.
    "That's your white toast."
    In a scrunched up nose, he says... "But it's frozen! It's moldy! It's... "
    I stopped listening.
    "make it yourself."

I just can't deal with it.

He's the only one who eats white- I bake a loaf for him slice it and freeze it until it's gone. He's eaten it in the past- he just didn't KNOW it. Now suddenly he knows it.. and can't eat it?

He sees flour marks and thinks mold. He can't eat it now. Well... guess your not eating now ANYWAY! ooooo.. I'm so mad!!

Thank god for Cheerios.

RANT OFF
    Thanks for listening

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hugs to you.

At first, I was going to ask if he suffers from depression? Which he may. Then as I read on, I'm thinking man he is picky.

My DH is picky too. It gets old real fast.

If there is nothing medically wrong with him then I say don't wait for him to make your plans. Life is to short to be waiting for someone else.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow, that was quite the weekend you had there.

(((((hugs)))))

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sending you a big hug.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sending you a big hug... I understand your frustration... If my husband and I are not on the same page (usually every holiday) Sometimes mine thinks that going out and doing something is the only way to enjoy a day. I am much more simplier.. I just turn it all off and go and do my stuff. I sing to myself, pray or what ever and try to enjoy the beautiful day ahead.. good luck to you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

(((Hugs)))dh's can be waaaayyyy annoying.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Super quiet day today. And I did just hang on my own. Laptop... soduko... iPod... pool... sun.... kitty... birds.... flowers.... garden....and friends at FV!

I guess I'll clean out the sewing room next week.. huh?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gabe and I are polar opposites. I'm someone that feels best if I'm doing, and he feels best not doing. I am unhappy when I feel a beautiful day is wasted, too.

For the first few years, I would practically force him to do things but that gets old real quick. I'm pretty vocal about it and I don't suggest you do what I do. LOL (In fact, I'm a bit pouty right now) LOL

I think what you did is great. Carry on without him. Maybe if he sees that you're having a good time and happy, he'll join you next time. Of course, I can see that you don't want to do things alone all the time though, too.

You're also a better person than I am with that breakfast situation. I have to say I laughed at the green eggs. Maybe make some ham and re-serve it. Take that Sam I AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Noel View Post
    I have to say I laughed at the green eggs. Maybe make some ham and re-serve it. Take that Sam I AM.
    ROLFMbuttO
    that's is FUNNY!! I'll bring it up to him.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

LOL
    i thought the same thing about the green eggs! LOL

i DO hope you feel better about the day...

there are days that I simply wish there were a maid here to do the bidding of men.

i get tired of dealing with the sulkiness, pouting and the CHILDISH reactions.
    (another rant of my own... another time)

but i feel for ya... and hope that getting it out and sitting by the pool yourself, doing what you wanted to do initially, made you feel better.

HUGS!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I understand your pain. It really does suck when you want to do something with someone you love, and they are indifferent or even snotty. Or disrespectful or ungrateful...

needless to say I have an ex similar to your current. And eventually what happenned is I developed my own indifference. It took many years (7) but I finally was so indifferent...that I thought...Why am I here?

So I left. It was one of the best choices in my life.

At times, you must step back and re-evaluate why you are together, if you are happy, and if you share the same goals and dreams.

And when you have the real answer, you will think about how you only have one life, and this is not a dress rehearsal. And you can be free to make yourself happy.

I am sending you hugs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

... glad you made the best of your day! It was FAR to beautiful here to waste even a single moment of it!

Now that it hit 82*... I keep waiting for reports on snow... hey...it CAN happen... it IS New England

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Since the only ones we can change are ourselves, I would no longer count on him for companionship. Plan your own weekends, tell him, invite him and move on. I no longer try to motivate my husband to do anything and he he doesn't nag me either. As an adult I believe I can chose to do or not do something without having to answer to someone. Dh is not responsible for my happiness nor I his. I try to contribute and vise versa. I didn't get married to live my life alone either but I have learned that sometimes it's just best to go on about my life.

Don't get me wrong, it still erks me when I can't get him to do something for/with me but I have learned to just move on. I also don't let his moods affect mine, if I wake up in a bad mood I tell him and he leaves me alone, same with him. If I'm in a good mood and he's not, I don't let it get me all riled up. I used to, but I'm not living like that anymore. Once he sees that you are having a good time or doing something without him and you're not just trying to get him to do something he may come around.

Registered User hippytreehugger4ever's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Nurse View Post
    Super quiet day today. And I did just hang on my own. Laptop... soduko... iPod... pool... sun.... kitty... birds.... flowers.... garden....and friends at FV!

I guess I'll clean out the sewing room next week.. huh?
    Coulda been worse, you could have had my Memorial day: go to work to start on trimming the hedges before the rain came again, stick arm in bush to pull out branch, get stung, start swelling up like a balloon, spend the rest of the day in bed in a benadryl stupor Today i went back and found the culprit-the start of a yellowjacket hive!!!!! They were in the bush next to the one I was trimming.....not going back there to finish until the other maintenance guy sprays them out