How affectionate are you as a couple?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default How affectionate are you as a couple?

My dh and I have decided that we are abnormal, and like it that way.

I have noticed that many of our friends do not seem to be as affectionate as we are. I just spent 3 entire days and nights with another couple and I never once saw them make physical contact with one another in any way. Not even sit together. Dh and I on the other hand, almost always sit very close, hold hands and hug. I'm sure we kiss 50 times a day. We even sleep in the center of the bed together.
    I am not saying we make a big display of it, NO HEAVY PETTING or anything.

I was just wondering if we are really that abnormal? I also wonder if possibly we make other people uncomfortable.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how affectionate would you say you are? A few days ago I would have said 6 maybe 7 but now I wonder.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

we are an extremely affectionate couple.
    we both come from families where affection was not the norm. so we make it a point to let our kids see us touching. (nothing sexual or anything), but we hold hands, sit next to each other, kiss, and just plain touch each other multiple times a day.
    we also do the same with the kids. it is nothing to see me or dh giving one of the kids a hug, or them giving each other a hug.
    when we go to his family functions, you never see spouses together. but you will see dh seek me out, or vice versa.
    at my family functions, it's the same way. i can be sitting talking with one of my cousins and then all of a sudden, dh is behind me rubbing my shoulders, or leaning down to kiss me on the cheek or something. my family things it's cute that after 14 years, we still act like we are dating. they ask me if it's that way at home. the kids will roll their eyes and tell them, ALL THE TIME! lol

i would say we are an 11!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We kiss & hug good morning, goodnight, hello, goodbye &... no way do we kiss 15 times a day, let alone 50.
    I'm much more affectionate than he is, on a scale from 1-10, 10 being very affectionate... he's a 2 and I'm a 7. I just like all that cuddly stuff unless it's hot out, then it's don't touch me, lol. He's just not very demonstrative & I've learned to ask for what I need.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are probably a 7 or 8. In public we will only hold hands and perhaps a kiss on the check or quick lip kiss. In semi-private (our house in front of the dd or at family functions) we may show a bit more affection with hugs and such. For the most part we touch each other many times throughout the day (we most definately save any of the sexual touches for private time). We work at the same place, but hardly ever see other, so during work time there is NO touching what so ever.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob Dixie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're probably around a 7 or 8. We just celebrated 31 years of marriage, last Tuesday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would have to say a 8 or 9.. sometimes a 10. DH is very touchy feely but not in a bad way (no overly touching is what I mean)... I on the other hand am a little laid back I am about at a 6-7, DH and I kiss in public, hold hands, etc... and we are not afraid to show it.

Private touching is done in our own home and when no one is around, lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd say we're about an 8 or so. Because of his job, DH is gone a lot and I sleep alone many nights. When he's home, we just like to be near each other. As soon as he walks in the door there are hugs all around (me, the kids, even the dog lol).

Once he gets settled in we're usually just a big pile of family on the couch. We have a large sectional, but on DH's first day home all four of us spend most of the time all piled up together!

After he's been home a few days we are still fairly affectionate. If we walk past each other one of us usually reaches out to touch the other ~ either gentle pat on the arm (or DH's favorite, a gentle pat on my tush!) Every day we give a good morning hug ~ even if our mornings are rushed sometimes DH will seek me out in the afternoon and say "can I have my good morning hug now?"

If we have company or are at a family function we still always sit together, hold hands, quick kiss here and there. Nothing to make anyone uncomfortable.

DH's family is very affectionate, mine - not so much. But I always longed for it growing up. I shower my kids with affection and so does DH. We aren't over the top, but often times I'll be sitting on the couch and the boys will just climb up on my lap and we'll just sit there like that for a bit. (DS 1 is getting to the age where it isn't "cool" anymore and my heart is breaking!)

I think its nice, but I know not everyone is affectionate like we are. To each his own...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

I'd say we are a 9.
    After 18 years we're still like teenagers.
    Always touching in some way.

Oooppps, hubby just said we're a 10!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are not affectionate in the way you are speaking of. If it were up to DH, we would be. But I do not like hugging, kissing, hand holding, etc...It took me a couple of years to break him of trying to always hold my hand, putting his arm around me and things like that. Cuddling is something I could easily go the rest of my life without ever doing again. I don't mind sleeping in the same bed, but I always draw an imaginary line down the center and tell him to stay on his side.

We do say "I love you" several times a day. We do little things for each other that many would not think was a sign of affection. However , to us it is. I would rate us about a 7. We are affectionate, just not in a traditional way. We have been married 16 years and together as a couple for 19. Our way works for us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would say that we are a 7 or 8. DH and I do NOT like to see other couples make out in public and we are always making sure that we don't go tooo far.

At the house he is always smacking my bottom and I always give him LOTS of kisses.

Our daughter gets tons of hugs and kisses as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd have to say about an 8.

In public we don't really hold hands or sit close, but at home... we're a lot like Jessica describes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are probably a 6! I'm more touchy/feely than he is!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are a 9 or 10. My dh has always been very affectionate, loves to hug and put his arm around me or hold my hand when we are out in public. We almost always sit together when we are out. At home he is always smacking me on the backside or hugging me.
    It's pretty nice that he still likes me after being married 23 years!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Uhm - we're about a 1 or 2. We can go days and not touch. Sometimes we'll brush lips as I leave for work. It's been over 2 years since we've had any bedroom fun. His illness prevents it, and so any regular touching just sets fires ablaze that have no way of being put out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

we are past a 10...lol we always hold hands, kiss, sit next to each other in public...lol. i have brothers that dont show any affection around anyone!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast