The lingerie issue...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default The lingerie issue...

In less frugal days of yore..
    I'd buy something a little racy to wear for him...

Or a new cologne with a card indicating that that was all he needed to wear on our "date"...

Or he'd buy scented candles and something racy for me to wear...

Or a dozen roses with with a wicked card attached...

We're both happy about being in more control of our finances, and being frugal now. But some of the "spark" and romance seems missing.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to keep that candle lit under the new frugality regime...

It's easy to think, well it wasn't about the physical objects..it's about our wonderful relationship. But that doesn't mean it hasn't changed things.

I need frugal romance ideas..before we both die of boredom.
    Last edited by Thevail; 03-31-2009 at 06:02 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dh and I sometimes leaves unexpected love notes in unexpected places... I generally put his in his lunchbox or taped to the steering wheel of his truck.

We schedule quiet time... not only no kids but no tv, etc.

I load songs onto his mp3 player that I know he will love (or perhaps a mix cd if he doesn't have an mp3).

He stops to pick wildflowers for me.

We give each other foot massages while watching tv.

He does little things around the house that I find tedious and I make his favorites for supper even though they require more effort.

If you have a large enough tub bubble baths are even nicer together.

And finally, since you asked, ... a greeting at the door in your birthday suit is better than the most expensive lingerie.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What about making a deck of your own fantasy cards that you both agree on. When you want to create a spark maybe you could shuffle and draw the card? You could have his and hers decks.

What about putting a note in his lunch telling him that you are going to wear a whip cream bikini to bed that night? or something else food related.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User thesightofoneself's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

not any advice but semi-wisdom, you could still be in love and long for someone even if she's wear old underwear with a whole right in the middle of the crotch area (blame the dog)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thesightofoneself View Post
    not any advice but semi-wisdom, you could still be in love and long for someone even if she's wear old underwear with a whole right in the middle of the crotch area (blame the dog)
    have you been peeking in my window ??? lol

actually...its kinda funny coz i had on my old fuzzy (star & moon...yes that's what they have all over them..dark blue w/bright yellow stars & moons) jammie pants...and they are kinda baggy....
    so anyway...i had these on last week and dh came home...(he's used to seeing them...or one of my many other 'similiar' attires....

so seeing me from the front was no big deal....but when i turned around and walked away he burst out laughing.... "what" ?????
    "oh....those are nice" he says...."been outside much today"...coz yes i wear them outside in the yard and to the mailbox...i have even been known to wear them to the grocery...(thankfully i didn't go to the grocery on this particular day)...."what" ? i say again...."go look in the mirror"...so i do....and the whole entire butt of these pants are completely ripped out....(i look like a chippendale in a thong) lol....(and no...i had nothing on underneath....no big granny panties) either....just two big ole' white buttcheeks sticking right out for the world to see....

and yes...i HAD been out in the yard...and to the mailbox....needless to say...they had to become a rag coz there was nothing left to sew back together....

so i guess i have nothing to offer when it comes to the 'lingerie' dept.....but my dh loves me anyway......
    Last edited by sabrelvssammy; 03-31-2009 at 08:43 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sabrelvssammy View Post
    have you been peeking in my window ??? lol

actually...its kinda funny coz i had on my old fuzzy (star & moon...yes that's what they have all over them..dark blue w/bright yellow stars & moons) jammie pants...and they are kinda baggy....
    so anyway...i had these on last week and dh came home...(he's used to seeing them...or one of my many other 'similiar' attires....

so seeing me from the front was no big deal....but when i turned around and walked away he burst out laughing.... "what" ?????
    "oh....those are nice" he says...."been outside much today"...coz yes i wear them outside in the yard and to the mailbox...i have even been known to wear them to the grocery...(thankfully i didn't go to the grocery on this particular day)...."what" ? i say again...."go look in the mirror"...so i do....and the whole entire butt of these pants are completely ripped out....(i look like a chippendale in a thong) lol....(and no...i had nothing on underneath....no big granny panties) either....just two big ole' white buttcheeks sticking right out for the world to see....

and yes...i HAD been out in the yard...and to the mailbox....needless to say...they had to become a rag coz there was nothing left to sew back together....

so i guess i have nothing to offer when it comes to the 'lingerie' dept.....but my dh loves me anyway......
    LOL!

You know what? I've been guilty of the same thing, only yours sounds a bit funnier.

Ok, I may be the weird one, but watching movies with intimacy in them have always seemed to be the key with me and DH. Although, we're still trying to find the whole 'you don't get any after you get married' thing to be false. We find that the best way to get in the mood is just deprive one another of physical contact to the point where something might break (mainly the bed frame) unless something's done about it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Last summer, I got the bright idea to make my own lingerie. I found a sheer fabric at the store on sale and for some reason it made me think of lingerie.

So, I bought it (I think it was maybe a buck...possibly less) and spent an entire day slaving over the sewing machine (with no pattern). Running back and forth to the mirror, trying to fit it and pin it and get it right.

Well, anyhoo. I made a basic teddy and my own thong. By the time I was done and tried it on, I was in histerics. Laughing so hard at how I looked, I just didn't even know if I'd show DH. Only, when he called at lunch time to ask what I was doing, I told him...so of course, he wanted to see it.

So, when the clock ticked away to the romance time of the evening, and the kids were in bed, I ran into the bathroom,and put it on. I'm sure when I waltzed back into the bedroom, I looked like I'd swallowed a canary, becuase I was trying not to break out in laughter.

DH flipped! He thought it was the greatest thing I'd ever done for him. I think it was more the fact that I had put the effort into it, then just running out and spending money on something, but either way...it worked!

Just put a little effort into something, and the romance will come.

For some reason, men have a facination with seran wrap. Maybe fashion some sort of lingerie out of seran wrap??? He'd probably love it!

Ooooooohhhhh! What about body paint? I'd be with your make up (and not having to actually purchase anything), you could come up with something creative! How about a "body scavenger" hunt. You could use eye liner and lips stick to lead him to different parts of the body...ending with, um, well, wherever you want him to end up! You could do little notes on your body (at least the front of it) and add little hearts trails with lipstick to the next clue!

Ok, hopefully, I'm not getting creepy weird for anyone...just from frugal ideas! I might actually try to scavenger hunt with DH!

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Here's a book you might try (copies as low as 10 cents!) Not something you can get from the library, though.

101 Nights of Grrreat Romance

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/101-Nights-Grrreat-Romance-Seductions/dp/0962962821/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1238606934&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: 101 Nights of Grrreat Romance: Secret Sealed Seductions for Fun-Loving Couples (9780962962820): Laura Corn: Books[/ame]

There's also a link to the 52 Invitations to Great Sex book.....
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks everybody!...

I used a bit of your advice...and everyone is all smiles now!

Who knew you could construct lingerie out of duct tape and the first batch of dandelion heads! You guys ROCK!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I send dh email... he's always so paranoid that I'll send it to the wrong email..lol.

With the advantage of digital cam...lol... you could send your dh a pretty racy emails, pics attached. be sure it's home email..lol. and the RIGHT email.

Putting a little money aside for your relationship, isn't unfrugal, it's healthy. Dh likes to surprise me with some little purchases... ooo lala!

I don't do the lingerie, not my thing. But sexy notes or emails.... all the time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh man....... I've got the most romantic guy, and sadly, I can't share most of the stuff with you!

But he writes notes to me on the bathroom mirror with dry erase marker, and I just love it.
    Spiritual:
    "You are fearfully and wonderfully made." Please... respect life.

Financial:
    Debt free, hoping to stay that way!

MY BLOG: glorybug.wordpress.com

1. Keep on writing.
    2. Get some balance in my life.
    3. Lose weight. Hopefully 20# this year.
    4. Continue to be looking for how God wants to use me this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Like forHISglory, my dh is a romantic. But not in the *traditional* ways, and it's stuff I don't share with others. I'm just lucky. After 16 years...no boredom here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Thevail View Post
    Who knew you could construct lingerie out of duct tape and the first batch of dandelion heads! You guys ROCK!
    That's awesome!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I send Dh text messages while he's at work.
    Romantic/sexy movies spark things here as well.
    Just alone time is a BIG help.
    I have some books like the one mentioned before I will see if any ideas are "appropriate' to share

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was actually going to suggest wearing plastic wrap too LOL I'll tell you we never made it to the bedroom if you catch my drift

More ideas for you. Hope these aren't too racy for this site.:
    Chocolate Body Paints
    6 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened); Chopped well. (set aside in a bowl)
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    1 tablespoon sugar.

In a small saucepan bring cream with sugar just to a simmer, stirring until sugar is dissolved, and pour over chocolate. Stir until smooth. (Make sure temperature is warm when applying to body)

Use your imagination to apply to body. Leftovers may be stored in fridge up to 1 week.

Edible Lover's Oil

1/4 c. vegetable glycerin
    1/4 tsp. flavoring extract (vanilla, cinnamon, cherry, strawberry, etc.) (These can be found in the spice section at walmart)
    1 T. Water
    1 drop food coloring
    Combine all together, blending well. (Edible).

Try blending several different flavors: Almonds, Vanilla, Cinnamon, cherry, pineapple, chocolate, mints, strawberries, coconut, banana, etc

Honey Dust
    1 T of vanilla powder
    1 c cornstarch

Mix then add 1 tablespoon of pure honey to the mixture. Work it in
    to the cornstarch and rub the clumps between your hands until it
    turns into very tiny particles. Apply to the body with a large brush
    or feather puff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast