Really upset with my Dad...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Really upset with my Dad...

My dad knows I am getting 6 hours of sleep tops on Wed, Thursday, and Friday. 2 hours from 7am-9am, and 4 hours from 4pm-8pm. So its completly split.

I texted him this morning telling him to please pray for me being I am just so tired, I felt like I could not even walk.

So I get through job #1 this morning and I am beat! I try to eat real quick and then get my 4 hours of sleep before 10 hour newborn watching.

What does Dad do? Come home with his GF, they start singing and tickling each other real loud, and they go upstiars in his room. Then (no lie) she comes down the stairs and up the stairs and sounds like a heard of elephants running up and down the stiars. She did this 2 times! Guess she forgot something and then she slams the door shut when she gets up stairs and they start being loud again and then dad comes down and oh man, I forgot drinks! Ash, can I have your snapple? Yeah dad! And this went on, for like 3 hours. The watched a movie in dads room. I could hear the stupid movie in my room and downstairs!!!

My dad works long hours to and when he comes home to sleep and Wayne and I have to go somewhere or something its rediculas how quiet we are. We tiptoe literally down the steps and when we go to close the door we do it real slow so its quiet and if dad is home and we want to watch a movie we put subtitles on instead of volume.

It just really hurt my feelings how insensitive he was being. And he knew I had to work because he asked wayne 2 times for some reason when I have to leave for work.

I went upstiars to my room and dad saw me and I slammed my door, and started crying because I was so over tired and just wanted to rest and I just felt it was so rude. Yes, its his house and everything, but he could of not tried to be more quiet? Or watched the movies later?

And when they came in the house they woke me up. They knew I was sleeping.

If Dad keeps doing this, there is NO way I can keep all 3 jobs. I have to atleast get the little sleep I can.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ash - I know it hurts more b/c it's your own father doing this to you. I know you are just venting - I'm all for that, get it out of your system. But do understand, you are living there out of necessity. Regardless of how respectful you are to others, they don't always reciprocate. Just grin and bear it. Can you find ear plugs at the dollar store where you are? Maybe that would help drown out 'their' noise or turn on a fan to create background noise?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, that is why I will not say anything to him. Its his house and he is letting me and DH live there. I was just hurt by it is all.

I will def have to invest in some ear plugs! Good idea!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ash...I have to wear ear plugs every night cuz my husband snores...they work.... do what you have to to get some sleep!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ear plugs + Fan = Sleep

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hang in there - your living arrangements are not forever. In the future though I would not ask for his prayers of help in the sleep department. We'll send prayers your way and you please take care.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is exactly what I meant when I advised you to think ´to h*ll with the world, I need to sleep`. Use good earplugs and focus; really concentrate on yourself and fall asleep. IT gets easier with practise.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I get cranky when I'm tired too. Fortunately by growing up in a small space with a large family and then sharing a dorm room with three other girls and then working shiftwork(I did a -midnight shift and up to go back at 6am) I learned that other people may or may not be considerate of what I need but it isn't their responsibility to be so. Continue to be considerate of others but don't expect anything in return. You are responsible for what you need, always. Develop some strategies to cope with the possible noise levels and give your dad a break. I know it's frustrating but they've gotta live their lives too! And it will only frustrate you more when you worry about what you can't control.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry but Dad or no Dad, I myself would be reminding him the less sleep I get the less money I can make and the less money I make the longer I am in his house. You want me out, then please let me do what I need to do to get out. If that didn't work then a big dose of his own medicine might. But that's just me, I don't take kindly to rudeness no matter who is dishing it out. BTW, a dose of Nyquil knocks me right out.

Cat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCarney View Post
    Ear plugs + Fan = Sleep
    This.

I'm a real light sleeper most of the time, especially when traveling - every little noise wakes me up so I don't leave home without them. Flents brand is pretty good, they're purple and block out most noise. They're 3 or 4 bucks at walmart.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been using ear plugs for years because of my husbands snoring and every little sound wakes me up. I love them! I buy those cheap purple and orange ones from Lowe's.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfoster View Post
    Ash...I have to wear ear plugs every night cuz my husband snores...they work.... do what you have to to get some sleep!
    Me, too. Three nights a week I sleep in another room, and 4 nights a week I use earplugs. Kind of a compromise-I'm more well rested and he hasn't been suffocated by a pillow or killed in some other way by me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i had to sleep in shifts like that with young kids in the home.
    i just put on my TV on a boring show home shopping or something ) and usedit to bloc out the noise.
    if you are trying to sleep in pure quiet it just maes even the most normal noise sound 10X louder too

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I used earplugs in college to sleep because of the noise. A word of warning: they also bock out your alarm clock so make sure someone's around to hear it if you don't!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Maybe you really need to talk with your dad. Earplugs do work, hubby snores really loud so i use them. I know times are tough for you right now.But you really do need to get some sleep,that 2 hours here and there is tough on your body.Come Sept or so the flu season will be kicking in. Save has much money has you can so you don't have to work all 3 jobs. Best wishes. Try to get some rest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast