Oh my god what do I do update.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Oh my god what do I do update.

For the ones that remember the original thread which got deleted, here is the update.
    She came over Friday evening, and we talked. I told her my concerns, and she totally understood them. She said that she is the last thing I would ever have to worry about on the job, and she was just overly excited to have some friends, and now realizes why I was worried. So we are now all even better friends than we were, and the girls and I have decided that she is a very sweet honest person, and we will be spending lot's of time with her in the future. In fact, she has been here all weekend. She just fits right in around here and we are glad to have her for a friend.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ugh. Dude, it got deleted for a reason. Take the hint.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I took the hint, but just wanted to update it for those who were interested. And if you dont care, that's OK too!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We get it...you have sleep with 3 chicks. Hooray!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am just happy that everything worked out, and that is all! The girls are my family and I guess from the sounds of it, I can't even mention them. Is that correct?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Please reevaluate our "interest". Family thread.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    Please reevaluate our "interest". Family thread.
    This is a family thread, it is about my family and my situation, and in my opinion I have said not one thing out of line here.
    Sorry you feel that way but that's OK.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am not going to voice my opinion on your situation, as I doubt the validity and have zero interest. However, I do want to address one thing, calling these women "the girls" is highly offensive, disrespectful and demeaning not only to them, but to other women as well. Same is true for calling the women here at FV "gurlz". Last check, we were strong, independent, and over 18. Not gurlz.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well they dont mind, and it is not intended to be demeaning or disrespectful at all. It is that some people want to find something wrong with everything I say. I have seen some pretty sharp remarks about men on here, but I dont flame everybody that says it.
    I treat my girls like queens and always show them great respect, and they treat me the same. If they want to call me their dude, I dont care. In fact, I have already been called a dude in this very post and I think it's funny and see no disrespect.
    I was called a terrible name in the chat section as I was being told that this is a family forum and kids are on here, so wasn't that a little hypocrtical.
    I have been nice to everybody on this forum, and only want that in return.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hmmm....I didn't see the first post. And I'm not sure I know who the girls are except your children. My Mother always called us, and still calls us her girls. I never minded. and if you're girls don't mind then no worries Dude! LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is a warning post......

I think this is basically a family oriented forum.

I will not voice my opinion either way about your household.

I will lock the thread down if it gets out of hand.

Then a higher up mod or the owners can open it back up.

I am only a volunteer mod here. Not paid.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No Polly, the "girls" are not his children, they are his live-in lovers. (Long story on that one)

I do have to agree with Neely, I am a woman, not a girl or gurl. You knew from the start that the village is female in majority. You even asked/commented about it yourself in the intro.

A simple hello villagers or ladies and gents would be heaps better than the "gurlz" greeting us on the chat box.

If your partners don't mind being referred to as girls, that is great for them, but I do think people are not as fond of it on here.

No, people aren't setting out to jump on you for everything you say. I think your prepping posts are well thought out. It's the ones that touch on the "adult" that causes people to react.

You do want that reaction, otherwise you wouldn't have done an update. There are MANY walks of life on here. At times I can feel the odd duck out, being non-Christian in a non-traditional relationship... but I've never felt left out of the village as a whole.

The Village is made up of married, single, heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, polyamorous, Christian, Jewish, Pagan, non-of-the-above, etc ... we come together because we want to, we feel welcome, we welcome others. It's a family friendly forum, first and foremost.

We respect each other, we all have our differences but none shove their way down the throats of others, and if they do, people do speak up. If they continue with it, then the people speak up LOUDER because maybe they didn't get the hint that they were offensive the first time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by ladytoysdream View Post
    This is a warning post......

I think this is basically a family oriented forum.

I will not voice my opinion either way about your household.

I will lock the thread down if it gets out of hand.

Then a higher up mod or the owners can open it back up.

I am only a volunteer mod here. Not paid.
    Well if it gets out of hand, it will not be because of me!

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lady_V,

Thank you for the clarification.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_V View Post
    No Polly, the "girls" are not his children, they are his live-in lovers. (Long story on that one)

I do have to agree with Neely, I am a woman, not a girl or gurl. You knew from the start that the village is female in majority. You even asked/commented about it yourself in the intro.

A simple hello villagers or ladies and gents would be heaps better than the "gurlz" greeting us on the chat box.

If your partners don't mind being referred to as girls, that is great for them, but I do think people are not as fond of it on here.

No, people aren't setting out to jump on you for everything you say. I think your prepping posts are well thought out. It's the ones that touch on the "adult" that causes people to react.

You do want that reaction, otherwise you wouldn't have done an update. There are MANY walks of life on here. At times I can feel the odd duck out, being non-Christian in a non-traditional relationship... but I've never felt left out of the village as a whole.

The Village is made up of married, single, heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, polyamorous, Christian, Jewish, Pagan, non-of-the-above, etc ... we come together because we want to, we feel welcome, we welcome others. It's a family friendly forum, first and foremost.

We respect each other, we all have our differences but none shove their way down the throats of others, and if they do, people do speak up. If they continue with it, then the people speak up LOUDER because maybe they didn't get the hint that they were offensive the first time.
    Well I cant see how this thread shoves anything down anybody's throat, and was never intended as such. Nor does it get into an adult theme. Again, my girfriends are my family and they are all I have other than my children who live in Florida.
    I have many posts on this forum already and am trying to be a valuable member and help people every chance I get.
    I also respect the people of this forum very much and only want to be accepted for who I am.
    I never purposely say anything that in my opinion should offend anybody, and I feel I have been judged to some extent based on 1 thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast