HUBBIES
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HUBBIES

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default HUBBIES

Any funny/sweet stories on how you met your husbands? (Or to the men out there your wives?) We were talking about it at work and there were so many stories.....loved it!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I joke that I found mine on the tracks, he's a railroader.

Actually I was working as a waitress and one night 3 guys came in, the one was so obnoxious I hit him up side the head with a menu (I could read them, lol, it WAS ok to do this, the other two guys LOVED IT) He came back the next night with those guys and another guy who was so sweet,quiet and cute.

We ended up all being friends all summer, another girl I worked with and I volunteered at the railroad (It was a tourist line, we ran the concession car on Weds).

Buy the end of the summer the cute quiet guy was mine

Funny, the obnoxious guys mom just LOVED me, lol, tried to get me to date him, ummm, he was like everyones geeky brother!

That was over 17 years ago and not one real single fight in all that time.

kj
    Last edited by frugalfarmwife; 10-24-2007 at 11:14 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well when I turned 30 I thought I had better do something (other than being a mum) for the rest of my life. I chose to go back to school and study at TAFE for my Cert 3 in Aged Care.

There I met DBF, who had been going through the same thing (except he is 10 years older and chose Cert 3 in Disablilty). Our courses were often run concurrently so we got to know each other well.

We found that we had the same beleifs and values on families and relationships, our kids had similar behavioural issues so we understood each other (not many people do if they are not in same situation).

That was early last year. by April he had moved in, we started trying for a family in June last year (no success yet) and moved into a place for US (rented still tho).

Everything had gone fairly smoothly blending our families. Both our children live with us and that was interesting for them. We joke that the hardest part of blending our families was getting the animals together. He has two dogs and we had two cats!! That was fun!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Skinny dipping almost eight years ago.

Been together ever since, married for five. This story always shocks others but we find it incredibly funny.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Let's see... Had a blind date that I faked a headache and skedaddled on. But I was footloose and fancy free and didn't want to go home. I always wanted to be braver and challenged myself to actually go into a local bar by myself.

So I did, and thank the heavens ran immediately into an old classmate of mine. I latched on to him and his wife right away to hang out with. Lo and behold said classmate (who'd had too many beers by then) went on and on how I should go out with his co-worker, him and his wife laid it on this about how great the guy is. Old classmate literally dragged his friend/co-worker there that night (who hates bars), and then had the audacity to drag him over to meet someone who 'you need to take out to dinner'. I was mortified!! I apologized, said my old classmate was drunk, and that was the end of it. But still the old classmate and his wife went on and on the rest of the night how great the guy was. Okay, I get it. I went home.

About a week later one of my best friends came to class (we were late college go'ers) and was saying she had the 'Perfect' guy for me. I HAD to go out with him, had the bluest eyes, tall,.. Blah, blah, blah... So she went on to describe him, in detail, and after a bit I interrupted her with 'Is his name *insert dh's name*?'. Uh, yeah. haha After she said her bf has know this dude for years and was a great guy I let her set me up on a date. Been together ever since, that was almost 7 years ago.

So, you could say.. "I met my husband at a bar."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was working in a bank and he cashed he check every week. One week he asked me out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We met 5 years ago thru one of the .coms. I emailed him Tuesday mid Sept. He responded Wednesday. He emailed me instructions on how to set up IM (I am not very computer savy and he is the guru of architectual program design.)

We met Friday for a late dinner and closed the restaurant, then closed the local pub, then closed the local IHOP (and I thought they were open 24 hrs too.). We met up Saturday evening and went to the Renaissance Festival Sunday. He dresses up for it too. In October he joined the handbell choir that I and my Mom play in.

He was recently separated (by 2 months) and was looking for a house so I pointed him in the direction of the neighborhood I grew up in. In November, he bought a house one mile away from my Mom's. My cats moved in with him at Thanksgiving, I moved in with him at Christmas. And we got married Thanksgiving the following year.

Oh, and my Mom and him get along together tooo well. They torment each other something fierce and some of the other choir members have threatened to separate them if they don't behave.

I couldn't imagine a more well suited person for me to spend the rest of my life with.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had been visiting a friend and we went to a heavy metal nightclub(at the time, I wasn't legal drinking age - I was 18)
    A very handsome guy with green eyes & brown hair caught my eye(he was a bartender there) and we started talking.I found it odd that I was just about to ask him if he would like to go to breakfast when he got off work - he asked me the same question!!lol. Since that evening, when we have a thought, the other mentions it a few minutes later...or we finish each other's sentences...weird - I guess we were so in tune with each other from the start
    Anyway,that first night that we met, we went to the beach after breakfast-it was about 3:30 am. Dh had a little opal GT & the darn thing got stuck in the sand.So dh told me to steer while he pushed....well...I couldn't drive a stick to save my life & I actually made matters worse & got us stuck even further(I felt soooo stupid). - It ended up that we switched places & I was the one who pushed the car out of the sand!lol.
    we've been together for almost 24 years.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dh and I were set up. Sorta.

We had mutal friends and I met him at a friends birthday party. We flirted fromt the get go we both kept telling your friends how we were into the other one but neither had the gust the ask the other out. SO we were set up to go on a double date and then our friends bailed out at the last minute, leaving us alone. And we have been like peas and carrots ever since.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We met as research consultants working on a court case. I left the team early for personal reasons and he went to great lengths to track me down. Once we got together and compared notes it became obvious we had been just missing each other most of our lives. We had lived in the same towns, gone to the same schools, worked at some of the same places -- all at different times. At least we finally were in the same place at the same time. That was 16 years ago and we're very happily married and glad we finally found each other.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I met my BF on myspace over 2 years ago. He sent me a "friend request" with no message. so I sent him a message just telling him I liked his taste in music. After 3 months of simple messages and my friends (and him) hounding me I agreed to have pizza and watch the first football game of the season before I left the next day for a weeks vacation. We got together and really hit it off. We didn't talk but left "messages" everyday on our voicemails while I was away and when I came back that was it. We are always together (minus 1-2 nights per week when he goes home lol) and it's great. So I met my man "online" lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yikes, sorry everyone...I don't know how my reply was posted 3 times!

Registered User thriftstorequeen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We were set up as blind dates for our friends. When my friend and i met them they decide to take her car. My hubby didn't want to get into her car(he didn't like her very much). So I dared him to get in. He did and we've been together ever since. That was the summer of 1969.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

this is really funny when you think about it, considering that my mil hates me!

my mom and dh's mom went to school together. my mom quit and got married. they rarely saw each other since elementary school but occasionly saw each other.

well, after my dad died, we moved in with my grandparents, and we ended up moving to florida in 1979.

my mom moved back to ohio in 1992. i moved back in feb. of 1994. i had dated a couple of times, but hated the whole bar scene. also, since i was a single mother, i really just worked and then came home and spent time with my dd and family.

my mom went to the local cosmetology school to get her hair done. my mil was sitting there, waiting to get her hair done. they looked at each other like they knew each other and finally, my mom asked her who she was. well, lo and behold, they knew each other. as they were catching up, my mom mentioned that i had moved back and that i was looking for friends, but didn't like the bar scene, but didn't know where to find people my own age. she explained that i was going to church, but most of the young people at my church were already married, engaged, or too young. my mil stated that one of her sons was going through the same thing.

so they set us up to meet one sunday. he and his parents came to my church to meet me. they took me out to lunch. i tell you, that was not a good day for me. i really liked talking to him, but had a hard time, since his parents were there. plus, at the time, he was incredibly skinny. i mean he looked like a skeleton with skin stretched across it.
    but i gave him my number, since i did like talking to him.
    this was the last sunday in september of 94.
    i thought about him all week. i found out that one of the women who lived in my building worked with him. she told me that he talked about me all week at work, but had told her that he hadn't called me because he thought that i wouldn't be interested. i told her to tell him to call me. this was friday. so on saturday afternoon, he called me.
    we talked for 4 hours on the phone. my mom, finally walked in and grabbed the phone and told him to come and pick me up and for us to go out.
    well, he did. we went to the movies, then rode around talking. we went to his place and were sitting there talking. we had the radio on and this song came on, shut up and kiss me. so i said do you hear this song? he listened for a minute. then he looked at me and i said, well?????
    this was october 8.
    we were together everyday. he had his son, i had my girl. we took them with us everytime we went on a date. or just spent time together with them.after two weeks, he asked me to marry him. i said yes.
    we were married november 8, 1994. we have been married for 13 years.
    we have never had more than just a disagreement. never raised our voiced to each other, or anything like that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My DBF and I met through kind of unusual circumstances actually... I was "dating" (I realize how silly this sounds now) one of his friends online. They both lived in WA and I lived (well, still do) in AZ. His friend and I "broke up" and DBF was my rock during that time. He made me smile and laugh and eventually even helped me get back together with his friend (even though he had a crush on me). Long story short, his friend turned out to be a jerk and DBF and I got together! He moved to AZ and we have been living together for 3 or 4 years now (with a short 3-month break).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast