Summery Veggie/Bean Salad

Recipe Description
Quick and easy salad made of whatever you have on hand
Preparation Steps:
Peel and cut fresh veggies of choice -- you can use chopped tomatoes, chopped or sliced green, red or yellow peppers, sliced yellow squash or zucchini, sliced cucumbers, sliced red or sweet onion. You could even use canned or tender-crisp cooked sliced or baby-cut carrots, green beans, yellow wax beans or canned kidney beans, black-eyed peas, garbanzo beans (chick peas). The combination of flavors is endless!! This is an excellent way to use a surplus of fresh veggies or to use up what you have.
Level of Difficulty:
Easy
Time Needed:
15 minutes -- max!!
Ingredients:
Veggies (see prep section)

Dressing:
3/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup vinegar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 - 1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
1/2 cup oil
Serves:Directions:
Place veggies in large bowl with tight-fitting lid (I use a recycled 4-qt ice cream bucket!!). Combine dressing ingredients and pour over veggies. Cover with lid and gently shake to coat veggies with dressing. Chill in refrigerator at least 3-4 hours before serving -- the longer it 'marinates' the better it tastes.
NOTE: I just add more veggies as we eat from the bowl. So far I've used home-grown tomatoes, yellow summer squash and yellow sweet onion (very pretty salad). I think that after a week I will replace the dressing with a new batch, just so that the flavor is consistent.