Frugal Village Forums banner

Buttons for sale

Tags
buttons sale
3K views 27 replies 6 participants last post by  mauimagic 
#1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320439894692
I have a current auction on ebay for a good size lot of buttons.
4.5 pounds of them. Mixed sizes and colors.
Great for sewing projects or craft ideas.
I will ship them the cheapest way possible.
I normally only sell USA but I will consider Canada if you email me first either through ebay or here to get a shipping quote.

Reactions: mauimagic
#2 ·
I sure hope that you have sold these - I am soooooo tempted!! Perhaps I'll just take a peek!!

Reactions: ladytoysdream
#3 ·
I knew I shouldn't have looked - that is a beautiful collection. Sigh!!

#4 ·
:)

I love old buttons. I just have too many of them.
If you do some research on ebay for ended auctions, you will see some big $$ when they get put up, in bigger pound lots.
I rarely sew anymore unless it is some mending.
But I do knit and crochet ,especially this time of year :)

#5 ·
I'm still thinking. Don't use buttons much anymore - styles are definitely different - think my purchase would be to enjoy the buttons for their personalities and uniqueness!!

#6 ·
If you PM, and give me the zipcode, I would be glad to get you a shipping quote.
I think they can go in a usps box easy, that is the same price no matter the distance. Flat rate. Not sure I have a box here but I could get one tomorrow at the post office and check for you.

#7 ·
Zipcode is 96761. Temptation is calling my name!!

#8 ·
I will get a box tomorrow. I will take the buttons with me, so I can find a flat rate box to fit them.
I would like to give you a quote right now, but I am not sure of the dimensions of the flat rate boxes.
I usually ship media for books and I can figure them real quick at home. Not so good with the flat rate boxes.

#9 ·
Okay - I'll be looking forward to see what you discover!!

#10 ·
Hello Tempatation, for Zipcode 96761
Priority Mail® Regular/Medium Flat-Rate Boxes, 3 days, $ 10.35

If one lives closer to me, than one of the other rates might be less.
( in case anyone else wants to bid )

#11 ·
Mahalo for checking this out for me - I'm going back to check them out!!

#12 ·
This auction ends this morning.

I did count them and there is over 1200 in the box.

I also have some box lots of books up.

#13 ·
I've been checking and saw that there were interested bidders - good fr you!! Let us know when you have other things for sale!!

#14 ·
I just pulled out 19 more pounds of buttons.
Not sure how to put them up.
Thinking of breaking down into 2 or 3 lots.
I am not a button person so not real sure how to lot them.
Just going to do a lot and call it *estate lot as found*

#19 ·
I don't sew anymore, but that would have been a great nostalgia thing. When I was little my grandmother had a big jar of buttons. I would lie on the floor for hours sorting them -- by color, by size, by numbers of holes, shiny ones and dull ones, plastic and wood and mother of pearl or metal....

Ok. I was a weird kid.
Make us two weird kids. You mean that it wasn't normal? Hmm...I can remember it. And I had forgotten the memory. Thanks for bringing it back DC. Such a simple thing but I'm feeling teary here. Those were the simple days weren't they. Mother and Grandma were still alive, young and vibrant. And those buttons!!!!

Reactions: dcompton
#17 ·
Dcompton - you were certainly not a weird kid - a lot of us grew up with button jars - a very soothing thing to do. And - as a teacher -I cannot begin to tell you how important that activity was and still is for children - and I know of very few who participate in such a great memory making activity!!

#18 ·
I too, figured out that first auction did well :)
Not real sure why, but I was quite happy about it.
And the buyer has already paid too.

I like buttons. I had some growing up when Mom was teaching me to sew. And it was always neat to sit down for a hour or so, and sort them. I saved buttons from clothes that ended up in the ragbag and kept adding to the jars.
I pick them up whenever I see them at the right price.
Nothing like sitting down with old memories :)

I haven't found my old personal stash yet. Seems I buried them in a tote here somewhere. But they will surface :)
Kind of like fondling yarn I think...........

#20 ·
I too, figured out that first auction did well :)
Not real sure why, but I was quite happy about it.
And the buyer has already paid too.

I like buttons. I had some growing up when Mom was teaching me to sew. And it was always neat to sit down for a hour or so, and sort them. I saved buttons from clothes that ended up in the ragbag and kept adding to the jars.
I pick them up whenever I see them at the right price.
Nothing like sitting down with old memories :)Ok, now you did it, I'm going to hide and have a good cry.

I haven't found my old personal stash yet. Seems I buried them in a tote here somewhere. But they will surface :)
Kind of like fondling yarn I think...........I think it makes up for the comfort of the childs snuggle blanky..It's has such a calming thing to it...back to much simpler times..
Hugs to you and all of you have a wonderful Sunday

#21 ·
Ok, sorry for posting for the 3rd time. Read your Ebay About Me page. That was so totally my favorite song when I was little. I sang it all the time and had it on a 45. Remember those? Your page is beautiful. It definitely touched me. Your writing is a gift ( the beginning ). You have talent.

#22 ·
#23 ·
Mahalo - that was very interesting!! My first visit to ebay, except for your buttons of course :)

#24 ·
Your very first visit ?
Wow..........
how come you never checked it out before ?

#25 ·
Probably afraid that I would get addicted to get deals and things that I just had to have from the comfort of home!! Sometimes I find it best just not to tempt myself. Now that money is so tight, I figure that I can start looking around.

#26 ·
#27 ·
I have a huge flate rate box full of buttons. I might just put them on ebay.

#28 ·
Might as well. Is anyone selling anything on FV? I thought there was a sales section, but have not really looked around alot. What I did see seemed to be old.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.