Frugal Village Forums banner

Frugal Village - Here's What I Want, Here's What I Have

9K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  rujerro 
#1 ·
We did this for the holidays and I think it worked pretty well.

Although the holidays may be over, there are birthdays and other events throughout the year for which we may need to find gifts.

So, this thread is to help us find items in which we are interested, as well as to help us get rid of items we no longer need. It's almost like an online garage sale.

So, please use this thread to list any items you are in search of or any items you'd be interested in selling or trading. :)

#2 ·
Mahalo Amy!! This will involve a lot of thinking and planning and I cannot wait to see what is posted!!

#3 ·
I'll start!

All three of my monkeys have February birthdays. So, I'm on the lookout for reasonably-priced presents, even though we just celebrated Christmas.

I'm always looking for:

Secrets of Droon series books
Nintendo DS games
Game Boy Advance games (the Nintendo DS lite can play only Game Boy Advance games...not Game Boy color)

That's what I can think of for the time being...I'm sure I'll come up with more at another time. :)

#5 ·
I have 4 of the Secrets of Droon
1,2, and 6 and one special edition # 1

Children books I have currently some horse ones up on ebay.
http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=ladytoysdream

I also have some craft books up on ebay, at fixed prices. If you see something you like but not happy with my price, let me know. Maybe we can work something out.

#7 ·
Nichole and Ladys...pm'ed you both! :)

anyone else looking for anything?

#17 ·
She likes the American Girl Books, ICarly Books, Books like Diary of a Wimpy Kid though she has all of that series though she has all those as well. I'm looking for things like the ones mentioned. She LOVES to read and doesn't mind starting new series if you have anything similar.

#13 ·
This should be a good thread to watch.

If anyone wants to trade cotton material, let me know. Always up for trading some ---have lots of brights, some background ecru and white type prints and lots of floral, along with a fair amt. of flannel. I like butterflies, sunflowers, florals and brights. I DON'T HAVE any older looking - like Aunt Grace prints, kids prints, or western or very many animal prints. I can scan it for you.

Will also sell it if you don't have anything to trade.

#15 ·
I am looking for:

good condition boys 4T clothes
clean/used cloth baby diapers (velcro or snaps)
woman's size xs or small nursing uniforms/scrubs

I will gladly pay a reasonable price and/or will be following the thread to see if I can offer something in trade :)

#16 ·
Hi- I have the following for sale:
Books:
Leslie Meir books "Lucy stone" series
(I list if anyone wants them)

A Gas log fireplace insert used 2 times Paid 750.00 will sale for 400.00 plus shipping (This is a large insert)

Will list more later

#30 ·
Hi- I have the following for sale:
Books:
Leslie Meir books "Lucy stone" series
(I list if anyone wants them)
Aloha - I am interested in your Leslie Meier books and your price for them. Mahalo!!

#20 ·
I have the entire 2011 Backwoodshome magazine issues

I have the entire Backwoods Home Magazines (2011) issues.(6 in all)
Also the entire set of figurines from Red Rose Tea.
I would like to trade for trims & lace (garment making stuff), 3/4-1" elastic,& appliques. Or if you would prefer to trade for cash....$15 for the figurine set & $10 for the magazines.

#22 ·
For Sale or Trade:

-Kodak Easy Share CD33 4 MP Camera and printer dock. Comes with original box (box shows wear). I will include a rechargeable battery and photo printer paper. This would be great for a kid who wants an easy to use digital camera. ($25 or trade)

-Louis Vuitton look-alike purse ($25 or trade)- here's a link to pictures Louis Vuitton Purse Rainbow

-Microsoft Office for Mac 2004 Student and Teacher Edition. Original Packaging. 1 install left with product key. Originally retailed for over $120. Will sell for $20 or trade

-Various Franciscan Desert Rose Dishes- willing to sell or trade for Fiesta dishes

Things I'm looking for/would trade for:

-I collect Fiesta dishes
-amazon giftcards/ codes
-other stuff-- make me an offer!

#23 ·
ncarr...my Grandma had Franciscan Desert Rose dishes...wow, did reading your post bring me back!

Reactions: ncarr
#24 ·
I am updating my post...

Here is what I am looking for:
Foxfire books (all editions)
Lace,trims,appliques,sewing thread,cotton & flannel material (scraps okay), 3/4" elastic
Wood desk with drawers on either side (if you're in my area)
Yarn (scraps okay) I mostly work with worsted weight
Woodcrafts (finished or supplies)
Cross stitch supplies

What I have:
Complete set of figurines from Red Rose Tea (NIB)-$15
Little Boys sz 9 hiking boots -camoflage- like new (kid wore them 2X in the house)-$10
Halloween quilt w/matching pillowcase (twin)-$100
Thanksgiving quilt w/matching pillowcase (twin)-$100
Crocheted Barbie dresses (3 halloween, 1 autumn & 3 Christmas themed)- $15 ea.
Knitted dishcloths (Christmas theme)- $2 ea
Woven potholders (Christmas themed)- $2 ea
Butterfly earrings (hypo-allergenic ear wires)- $3 ea
Japanese porcelain bracelets- $5ea
Asian wood bracelets -$5ea
Seasonally themed earrings - Halloween, Thanksgiving/Autumn & Christmas - $3ea
Miniature rag dolls w/wooden cradles- $$10 ea set
Bag of over 140 barrel of monkeys/bunnies & bears (they all link to form a chain)-$10
Gingerbread bird house-$15
Set of Miniature Reindeer(wood)- $5 ea set
Set of Holly reindeer (wood) -$8
Halloween Thimbles -$3 ea
Jesus thimbles -$3 ea
Toddler bed afghan (new)- $25
Baby swing -like new plays music (if you're in my area)- $50

Cash or trade
I have pictures for most of these items (don't have pics of the tea figurines or the boys shoes (camera pooped out)).
I might have more items..I'll list them as I go through some more stuff:)

#25 ·
Also looking for:
Red-heeled socks (sock monkey socks) in colors other than blue or brown
Pokemon cards
Magic the gathering cards
Yugioh cards
Wooden jewelry box
Blue Jean Fabric (gleaned from the back legs of actual jeans)

Other stuff I found to offer:
Books:
Survival Bartering
Self-Reliance- Recession-prrof Your Pantry
Making A Living - Creating Your Own Job
Chickens- A beginners Handbook
Emergency Preparedness and Survival Guide

#26 ·
I am looking for cotton yarn (kind used for making dishcloths) also bamboo knitting needles. I have all kinds of things for crafting and sewing to trade or i will purchase outright. the yarn does not have to be a full scane it can be small (not to small) scraps.
Thanks I will be folowing to see if i can help someone out..

#28 ·
I would love it if someone had small wonder season 2

my daughter absolutely loves this show...we have seen season 1 but have not seen season 2.....i know its a long shot but you never know....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.