Saving Saturday April 25, 2009
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile Saving Saturday April 25, 2009

It's going to be really warm here today...80º. We have some outside yard work to do for a bit before it gets too hot, and Dave wants to go Ripstiking.

I need to find some new jeans for Lauren as she's put holes in all her others. Need to find some for school.

Kathryn slept over her friend's house last night, and I'm not sure what time we'll be picking her up. So it's a bit of a waiting game at this point.

I'm also hoping to buy some flowers for our window boxes today. Add some curb appeal. I want to buy paint for our shutters too. They're quite faded from the sun and weather elements after 12 yrs.

Hope you all have a great Saturday

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today is our "Get Away Day". We haven't been taking big vacations as we're trying to save money. So every few weeks when the weather permits we take a day trip to a town close by that we've never been to before. Alot of these old southern towns have beautiful squares that we can eat a picnic lunch at. Today we're starting our trip on the Antebellum Trail here in Georgia. I hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Registered User Laurie in Bradenton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Recoating the driveway, finding the top to my desk, landry, dishes, sorting throught 2 garbage bags of material given to me,
    driving daughter to "Race before the Parade" tonight, Mailing Promised Cookbook to Baxjul, sorting out coupon pile, making up list for tommorrows Michaels 40% off entire purchase sale, working on abandon quilt that was given to me, watching video ordered from libarary.

And DH was worried I'd be bored with him gone to Talledga this weekend! HAHA

Laurie in Bradenton

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's extremely warm here too. Last I looked it was 81F.

Dh & I went to an auction this morning. Didn't get much, a couple of toys to resell and a big container full of old 70s TupperWare (for $6!!). Now we're home & I'm finishing up laundry while the boys play outside.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Warm, humid, and windy. Chances of more flooding this afternoon/ evening. We spent the morning and early afternoon test driving 2009 Harleys - WOO HOO! Didn't cost anything except gas on the Harley to get there and back (4 miles each way). We had great fun!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Was a beautiful day. Very warm and sunny. Got up early and hit a few garage sales. Found some great bargains- a carry on tote, a hand held mixer(Oldie, but a goodie. Solid.)a paper shredder, a new Village Inn candle, , a pair of Avon Curves tennis shoes- new, never worn.Then on the way home we stopped at the property and went mushroom hunting. We found 12 mushrooms. Yippee!!!!! Went with DH this afternoon and another couple to play golf. Just now getting home and going to make a light supper, then back to the gym for weights and swimming. Hope you all had a super Saturday!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We were pretty busy this morning...Went and met someone from freecycle for free clothing for my boys. Went to a warehouse club and got some groceries, Went to the library, for DVD's, came home to change and bring in the groceries and clothing, then headed out to the playground because it was close to 90 today, and so gorgeous not to be outside, after the park, we went to the YMCA for working out and swimming....Had a busy day, and now home relaxing watching the Library DVD's and enjoying the nice evening breeze coming in through the windows!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Easy day. Slow start to morning, then some computer games (the mindless match three or more kind of things), then by the public library to drop off and pick up some things, then to work at 3:00.

It's deserted here in the (medical) library. I guess as the weather turns to summer everyone's losing their enthusiasm to be cooped up in a windowless building. I know I am.

When I get off at 11:00, I'm heading home. I'll probably listen to a book on CD and crochet a couple of hours, or maybe just read.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went to my client and worked a couple of hours this morning. Then came back and called the cable company and reduced my contract. It was $143, now it's $79! I cut it almost in half! Got rid of all of the movie channels and extra stuff I don't watch. Staying in and cleaning and doing laundry tonight. Have some windows open to get some fresh air. Been storming on and off, my dogs are not happy...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got up and cleaned the house well. I went shopping at WM today and got Kraft salad dressing for $.08 a bottle. We had a little league game this afternoon. Then we spent most of the evening at my parents house. We had dinner there. I helped do a little cleaning over there, my mom has been sick and needed a little help. Now we are at home. My nephew is spending the night. The kids are all showered and now having desert and watching their new favorite show, Home Improvement.