Saving Saturday 10/3
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Saving Saturday 10/3

Good morning everyone. I'm working again today so no spending, that is a perk of work. I'm taking a turkey sandwich for my lunch. Well I owe I owe, so off to work I go. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Cat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Craft show and garage sale circuit for us today. Probably won't get much, but it's fun anyway. Then this afternoon we watch the Tigers play.

Geaux Tigers!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today is Hightstown Nj town wide garage sale So hoping to get some bargains there. Dh is working but if he comes home early enough he will come with If not I travel alone nothing else planned its warm here today Have a great Sat everyone

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm working a few hours today, then I'm heading to the Pet Food store and Grocery store, so unfortunately, it's a spend day for me. I am making a grocery list though and checking sales and coupons, so I'm going to try to stick to my list and use some items from my pantry. Then I'm staying home and working on a quilt for a christmas gift!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A quick trip to the grocery store to replenish a few things. Cleaning, some drywall work (minor), college football, and crocheting Christmas gifts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I didnt get to the ironing yesterday so I will do that today. I have to work so my goal this morning is to get dinner in the crockpot, tell DH what to make for lunch and prep breakfast bread for tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hubby had to work today and it is supposed to rain so he took the truck instead of the Harley. So I can't go out and spend money (and that is a GOOD thing). So I am cleaning house, rearranging my office, and playing with the dogs.

I will make icing for cupcakes today and look in the freezer and pulll something out for dinner. Money was really tight August and September; so we pretty much lived off of our stockpile (and didn't suffer one bit).

So I will probably look through the stockpile and the sale flyers and make a grocery list. This quarter (4th) all groceries will be charged on my Discover card to get 5% cashback. Last quarter (3rd) it was gasoline. The card is paid in full when it comes due. Every time I get $50 of cashback bonus built up, I just apply it to the balance of the card.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi! everyone today it's raining again it's been raining for the last 3 days brought alot of stuff in all ready but have other stuff to do outside yet. Guess today i'll work on the basement and the rest of the house and take of mom as always her dementia has been getting worse along with her chronic pain so it's been a fun one here I'm also going to look thru my yarn and see if i can find some purple and gold yarn to make some money loom doily's for the craft show go MN VIKINGS !! , bye for now and have a great day! Klean163

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not much going on here. The sun is shining for a little bit, so I'm going to try to get some laundry done while the gettins' good.

Dh & I are going to be taking the window A/Cs out and putting the storm windows in. Later I'm taking my teens to the mall so my younger one (15) can go to the movies w/ her boyfriend. The rule is until she's 16 she has to take her older sister with her

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I need to go get my nails done and pick up some veggies, then I have to work some later today. I'll be working from home, so at least I don't have too far to go!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A no-spend day.

Made bacon and eggs for dh, I'm still not hungry.

Have two loaves of bread rising.

Have spaghetti sauce going in crock pot. Will put over fettucine noodles.

Making black-grape clafouti for dessert (it doesn't send my dh's bs up).

Knitting.

Watching ND game against U of Wash, at 3:30pm. Go Irish!

It's going to be a quiet, peaceful day.....till dh starts screaming at the game on TV.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm spending the day at school as my room is being painted - yeah!! I am so excited. A wonderful family adopted my room as the Eagle Scout project for one of their sons!! I'm going to work on my collection of papers and books to see what I can get rid of.

Lots to do at home when we are done here. It's overcast and somewhat rainy - but the sun will come out soon!!

Have a great Saturday all!! Am planning on it being a no spend one too!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just got back from a funeral so i am looking forward to curling up with my book tonight. It is raining here so i don't feel like running errands. If i get bored with my book i can look up ideas for Christmas. It has been a no spend day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wink My saving Saturday

Today, the town-wide autumn yard-sales were on, so I got up early, then had breakfast in order to avoid the temptation of spending at the sale bake tables and coffee pots.
    Checked out some sales, and bought:
    2 nearly-new plush white towels at an estate sale: 2/$1
    1 new canvas barbecue apron with pockets and pot-holder: $1
    A used basic Whirlpool washing machine: $100 (they'll also deliver)
    (dare I hope that my hand-laundering days are now ended?)

I resisted lots of temptations, and kept in mind that many of these same items will soon be given to the local Thrift Shop, where I will be able to get them for 1/2 price or less.

Went to 1 store, and used my three $2 Ocean Spray coupons (from the back of three Kellogg's Vector cereals) to purchase 3 bottles of Ocean Spray juice on sale at $2.97 per bottle. Once the 3 coupons were applied, each bottle of juice cost me $0.99.

Accidentally stopped at the yard sale of the belligerent clerk who first refused my Kellogg's cereal coupons recently, and did not buy anything there, due to her countenance again being belligerent.
    Considering a boycot on that store during the belligerent-countenanced clerk's working hours.

Saw a great computer set on sale for $350, but wasn't convinced, so passed it up. Also passed up a few boxes of freebies, being selective and also in an aloof mood (plus, they were watching me like hawks, and I wanted to confound them with my unpredictability).

A light rain then began to fall, causing me to be glad that I wasn't slowly trudging home with my walker, while carting a computer set on the seat. The warmth of my home welcomed me and 2 cups of coffee, heated macaroni and homemade pizza sauce revived me, and a nice nap refreshed me.

I then spent a few hours checking out manufacturer's websites for printable coupons, and printed and clipped about $20 of coupons.
    The constant thud of slamming car doors outside has now ended, and all is quiet as the day draws toward dusk, and the close of another frugal day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Since my DH was home today, we arranged the furniture in our new place and made list of item we want to get for each room. Now I can unpack and start looking for sales on the few items we would like.
    This evening I am going to watch TV and hang up clothes while my DH is working at the UO-WSU football game (he is a journalist).