Saving Saturday, 4/17/10
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Saving Saturday, 4/17/10

Ya just gotta love the weekend!! I did a lot around the house yesterday to jump start my cleaning spree, so I have been lounging a bit today.

So far I have gotten up and taken youngest dd to a morning b-day party. I need to clean out my van before I go and pick her up in 40 minutes.

After lunch I will be taking ds to a playdate with his awesome new buddy who lives close by. They have a farm with all sorts of animals, which is right up my son's alley! What an answer to prayer this little guy is, my son is on the autism spectrum, so having a positive friend instead of the negative little beasts he has been hanging around is WONDERFUL! Yay, can you tell I'm thrilled!!!

I need to mop my floors this afternoon, clean out my bedroom, the hamster's cage (yuck), and take a load of garbage to the dump. I would love to work out in the flower beds and garden. So much work to do, but this is our year to whip this yard into shape!!! Can't wait....

Have a productive and MARVELOUS day, everyone!
    -Vanessa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

UGh! It's snowing lightly. Yard work-cancelled. May watch a movie and do laundry. Nice weather and then snow is goofing w/ my head.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wellll it's a crazy day for me!

Drop two children off at the Matinee of Sound of music where they are playing in the orchestra, rush back and paint and wall paper sets for Anne of Green Gables, rush back and bring the two kids above dinner before the evening performance.. hang around all evening (plan to do some grocery shopping, go for an exercise walk and the read) to be available to chaperone for the cast party afterwards (from 10:00 to 12:30 pm tonight UGH! ).

Husband is at a workshop today and other daughter at a coaching course. Their dinner is in the crockpot. Welcome to my crazy life...

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Got a ton of cleaning done this morning. Last weekend before the baby comes so hoping to get a lot done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is a long weekend for me so today did a little bit of shopping this morning and came home to read my book.
    Tonight i am going to make dinner then a hot shower and curl up with my book.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went w/ DH to farmers market this morning, bought quite a bit of veg.
    Get to work on the company (my part-time job) monthly & 1st quarter report.
    Later today, go to Costco to do some stockpiling, just receive costco's coupons for coffee, food-saver bags, vitamins, shampoo, soap, etc.
    Tonight dinner: lamp chops, cucumber yogurt, steam veg.

Have a wonderful weekend, villagers.

jas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Got up early and went to a few garage sales. Looking for votives and floating candle holders. Hopefully to be used in table centerpieces at ds's wedding next year.

Went to JoAnn fabrics and got the material to cover my dining room chairs. Picked up dd from a sleepover. Took a nap and here I am.

The weather is very nice today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today I donated a bunch of stuff to Goodwill, folded clothes, scrubbed down an old window frame for a upcoming craft project, washed the futon cover, started a batch of pepperoni, and vacuumed the whole house. I will probably do a few more things before bed, but right now I am taking a break.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How did I never notice this thread before? What a great thread!

Jas, loving the yard sales, can't wait to start getting out there myself. Hopefully you'll be blessed this Summer and find just what you need for the centerpieces. Putting together a wedding can be so expensive.

nessarowdy boy do I know what your saying about little beasts, around here we call them little monsters.

kittykatstrong, Take care and don't work too hard.

I know it's not Saturday anymore, but I stayed home and finished my scrap fabric wreath and hung it on the kitchen door. I also watched in amazment as DS2 decided on his own to clean the kitchen! Even the fridge and dry sink! Amazing!!!!