Saving Saturday 11/20
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Saving Saturday 11/20

Good early Saturday morning!!!

Woke up @ 5 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep (why does this only seem to happen on weekends?). So, I'm just sitting here sipping a cup of Teeccino trying to fully wake up before I start on homework. I'd like to finish most of this this weekend so I can enjoy my Thanksgiving holiday!

Last night we had a mobile vet make a house call here to look at my 17-year-old German Shepherd mix dog. He has been having issues with his hind legs and we wanted to consult with someone before giving him supplements. Now we have a good recommendation and a plan to help him out. The visit wasn't "cheap", but it was better than taking him out in the car to a vet which stresses him out greatly. It was less than $100, so I guess that's not too bad to come up with a plan for his comfort and have peace of mind that he is doing well for an old geezer.

Today we are going to go pick up the dog's medicine, study, and do a little vegetable shopping at the farmer's market. Other than that, I'll probably take a little nap!

Have a great day!!!

Andrea

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I usually wake up extra early on weekends too.

Today I'm doing a lot of cooking. Ham, banana nut muffins, potato salad (some of which I'll deliver to best friend), etc.

And of course laundry and basic housekeeping.

I also will write a couple of letters and will plan out my week (off from work till Monday the 29th).

The main things this week are Thanksgiving and Harry Potter!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Andrea, how neat that you could bring the vet to your sweet pooch. Hope your plan to help him works well.

Trip to the podiatrist for my toe went OK yesterday. I'll be glad when I don't have Frankentoe anymore, it's healing well though. Still black & blue with stitches for a bit longer. I still need to wear the boot and keep it up as often as I can and only need to take ibruprofin 2x a day to cope. Progress.

Today I'll putter around doing a small job then sit with foot up reading and then do another job. It takes me a while but things get done.
    Eating leftovers and staying home today. Still no dryer or oil heat used. Woohoo! Can't believe it's almost the end of November & I'm saying that.

Have a great day today, puttering around at your own speed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today is my crazy day! We leave in 30 minutes for dd1's basketball game. It's trying to blizzard this morning, but not to worry, 4 wheel drive is ready to go!

My in-laws are supposedly coming into town to watch the girls play, so will have a little company in between all of the activities. Then at 12:30 it is the much anticipated bowling birthday party! We have 7 of the 8 girls rsvp and ready to bowl! DD is super excited!

Then it's quickly back home to put away her stuff and then on to her bb game at 4. Whew, I'll probably be dragging by then! Then tonight I'm excited to say I bought the movie "Toy Story 3" for us to watch as a family tonight. The kids got all "A's" and "B's" on their report cards, so this is our celebration movie!

DH made it home last night after driving on pure ice. Poor guy, glad he made it. It's also wonderful there is someone else messing with the woodstove for a bit. You guessed it, I'm lazy! lol

Have a great day, everyone, and stay warm!

-Vanessa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It has been such a crazy busy week I haven't had much time to post. My parents flew into the city last night and are on their way over right now for breakfast. I am making monkey bread, bacon and if my dad wants eggs I can make some eggs. Then, we will head out into the city for some sightseeing. I am just trying to make it through Thanksgiving...can't wait for the long weekend next week.

Hope everybody has a wonderful Saturday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good monring!! Woke up pain free and ready to enjoy my Saturday!! It's a beautiful day here, so I want to get a lot of my in house things done so I can go to the pool this afternoon.

Am doing some work on Christmas presents, ornaments, cards - and then tidying all of that 'mess' up.

That will leave paperwork - you know the kind that breeds itself? It seems to be happening in abundance here!!

Telephone calls to family members will take up a couple of hours today too.

Have a great Saturday everyone!!