Saving Saturday 2020
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Saving Saturday 2020

How are you saving money on this beautiful first Saturday of the year?

I'm going to be shopping for some birthday gifts today and hope to find some good things in the clearance section at Walmart.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It was a beautiful Sat. here sun was shining i stayed home washed bedding and fixed dinner done some other things talked to all 3 of my daughters on phone that the way i saved if i had went any where i would of spent on gas and what other things i bought and i know i have at least 2 days of spend next week.Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I purchased medical supplies and vitamins on ebay. About 45% savings by using ebay. Plus, I try to get enough swagbucks to get a GC to ebay for greater savings. Buying there is cheaper than my insurance co-pay!

I thought I needed body wash/soap and opened up the storage to see what was in there (I previously stored things away for the house appraiser so things didn't look cluttered). I found 2 bars of soap and 3 body washes. I even found more essential oil.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Way to go rujerro…..I tuck little things away and then forget I have them all the time....it's like Christmas when I clean out my linen closet....

I couldn't sleep last night so I went on Amazon as I was looking for buffalo check black and white table runners....I am doing monthly luncheon for the homeless and had picked up paper plates last month on sale which are snowmen and they have the black and white check around the edge.....found a two pack for $6.....I ordered three packs and my total was exactly what we had on a gc so it was free....I think it was a God thing....

Did not do so well saving money other then that....won way too much at an auction....but, lots of it are gifts for next year....storing it isn't fun but I got quite a few nice nice throws for the grandkids for five dollars each....got a wedding gift of queen size sheets for $11 and a couple twin sizes for $6. I'll have to watch my spending for the rest of the month....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gracious, we are having a time of it with colds, flu, etc. in our house. It should be a fairly spend-free Saturday now that we're staying with one of our kids who came down with flu-like symptoms yesterday.

We did a fairly good job of saving money yesterday. Other than renewing our annual membership to a local museum that also gets us into several other museums for free, we didn't spend anything. Hoping for a similar day today.

I did pick up my boxes of produce (kind of like a produce co-op) this morning so I have a bunch of fresh fruit and veggies to get us through the next couple of weeks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Stayed in today. Snowed most of the day and cold. Do cleaned the garage and got my car in. It should melt by morning.

I tried baking bread. First attempt last night ended up in the trash and so did the second. The 3 rd attempt was better. I guess I don’t like 100% whole wheat. I’ll go back to my recipe from a few years ago. It’s a bread machine recipe, but I don’t like the big hole in the bottom.

Staying in tonight and watching a movie and cleaning the kitchen.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's tough to get home made whole wheat to not come out like a brick. You need to add white flour or gluten additives to get it soft and fluffy like store bread. And I agree about the hole in the bread machine. I used to take mine out and let it rise in a pan, and bake it in the oven. Good luck on your next attempt.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

by staying home. dh picked up creamo. tempted by lots but did do an avon order though yesterday. some needed household stuff but some not so much like a cowl neck top. ate out of the pantry etc. stocked up on single frozen entrees on sale because my easy lunch at home when alone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jettsmom - don't give up on the bread. Do try some bread flour w/ the whole wheat. Or you can buy plain gluten (bakery section) to add if necessary. If you are hand kneading you will eventually get a "feel" for when the dough is right. I see a lot of whole wheat recipes add instant potato flakes. Not sure if/why that works but it is fairly common. Also honey instead of sugar and buttermilk as the liquid + baking soda.
    If you don't like the bread, cut it into cubes and dry in a warm oven for couple of hours (I turn the oven off after baking and let the cubes sit in the warm oven overnight.) You can use the cubes for stuffing or use the food processor to chop into bread crumbs & store. Or let the birds have it.
    Hugs to you for trying.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We had a wonderful ice storm yesterday. It warmed up a bit over night and became windy and that pretty much cleared the roads overnight. Dh stayed home. It was not safe to get out. So many accidents. It was one of those days. I didn't even get dressed. Just lazed around all day. I did fix a pot of ham and beans for dinner. It was good. I managed to get dh's shirts finished. I'll need to do a few more, but at least he has two new shirts to wear.

We had a bird fly into the back door yesterday. We looked and it was just laying on it's back in the freezing rain. Dh picked it up and it started to move. He brought it inside to warm up. We put it in a blanket on the chair on the deck. He checked it a few minutes later and it flew off. We have birds hover at the door when the feed is low and a few have hit the door. Poor thing.

Today it is sunny but cold. I do want to get out to get some milk. I think we have enough, but dgd is spending the night tomorrow and sometimes she'll eat cereal all day. I want to make sure I have enough milk, plus dh and I eat cereal for breakfast a lot too.

Going to do some laundry. Prep dinner for tomorrow. We'll have creamy chicken pot pie soup over biscuits tomorrow. I'll get the soup ready, so I only have to do the biscuits when we get home from church.

Tonight I'm going to use some of the steaks from the freezer and make some kind of stir fry with whatever veggies I find in the fridge. We'll have some rice too.