Scrapping things you've been working on 2011?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile Scrapping things you've been working on 2011?

I've recently resolved to spend at least one day each month scrapbooking. I find it restful, a creative outlet, as well as a mess-buster (memorabilia freak and/or packrat tendancies).
    Yesterday I went to a free scrapbooking event, brought lunch and munchies. I worked on graduation pages for a cousin (June 2008)and a nephew (June 2011), and my stepdaugther's wedding (May 22 2011). Not completely finished with the wedding yet, but I've got photos laid out with chosen paper.
    Projects I'd like to start: a book for my DH (his Dad doesn't have much time (cancer), I want to get stories written down!), catch up all my really old photographs.
    What have you been working on?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am so glad that you started this NicJean as I've just started doing papercrafts - making cards and scrapbookking!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been scrapbooking/cropping for the last 9 years, since high school, so I've got a lot of stuff. I share with my mom also. We go to crops at least twice a month. Next month we are going to an all-day crop (8 am to midnight), that also has a market to purchase items. While I'm set with everything I need, I still need to finish:

- Dazzle cards (9) and organize all of my handmade cards so I know what I have
    - honeymoon pages: about 18 pages to finish, which is what I'll work on during the all-day crop. I was married last September and decided to crop my honeymoon first rather than the wedding, since I have 400+ photos for the wedding.
    - Organize all wedding photos, separate them into events (ceremony, reception), and begin to crop and layout. This should take me at least into October, when I will attend the next all-day crop.

Should be fun I am updated on all of my other pictures. I only crop high school and after, as my mom has scrapbooks of my life before high school.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I bought a bunch of scrapbooking supplies as my daughter got a scrapbook and some supplies for her graduation. Thought it would be fun to do together. Guess what they are all still sitting in box. Maybe when I go camping in two weeks I will take some and see what I can do. The problem is I am not confident. I see pages people have done and they are so beautiful and creative. Guess better to try than have pictures and supplies sit in box. Let you know if I do. Just don't laugh at my beginners attempt.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

I'm a 'creative memories' girl, myself (used to be a consultant), however, there are great scrapbooking magazines available which I use just like my cookbooks. I put a sticky note marking what I'd like to try as far as design. When it's time to scrapbook, I grab my 'cheater' layouts that I like, and get to work, modifying for color or products I have on hand.

Look in Organize your Photos thread for some tips I posted to MauiMagic about getting started, really. The comments are toward the end (if not THE end).

Hope this helps in motivating!

Did finish Stepdaughter's wedding album, all that's left is journaling, and I may add a bit more embellishment - But, it's all in a book, yay!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Haha! I thought this was a thread about projects people were giving up on and getting rid of this year! I've done that with a few of mine.

Congrats to you all on your scrapbooking adventures!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    Haha! I thought this was a thread about projects people were giving up on and getting rid of this year! I've done that with a few of mine.

Congrats to you all on your scrapbooking adventures!
    I did too! I was all ready to join in. ha!

Have not gotten into scrapbooking. $$ issues, time issues. I would love to start doing it when I retire, though, I think I would enjoy it. Rainy day, hot chocolate, photos, decorations....looks so fun!