Organizing scrapbook supplies?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Organizing scrapbook supplies?

I've been bitten by the scrapbooking bug!! I've gotten into it since I've been sitting around for a couple of weeks. My problem is I've got STUFF everywhere. How do you store all the paper, stickers, stamps, scissors, photo mounts, etc. without breaking the bank? I want it done cheaply, but I want everything to be easily accesible so I don't have to dig for things when I'm working on a page. What are your ideas? What works for you?

Note: I don't have a lot of storage space or a place to leave my scrapbooking stuff out permanently. I have to put it away each time I'm through for the day. Also, how do you transport your supplies for scrapping parties, vacations, etc.?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

One thing I do to contain all my little do-dads and embellishments is to store them all in a tackle box. There are so many different types and brands out there - some are very reasonable and some more pricey. Some large and some small - just depends on what you need. I purchased quite a large one but I did get it on sale. It has pull-out plastic trays that are divided. I use one tray for fibers, one for eyelets, etc. etc. It has an upper storage area for bulkier things, and lid storage for a few things as well.

As for a system to use to make it portable and easy to stash away between crops - I'm afraid I'm not much help there. I'm fortunate that my DH helped me convert an unused wet-bar in our den into a craft area so I have space for paper storage and the like - then I can close the bi-fold doors and not have to put everything away every time ... but the organization of the little things were getting the best of me until I contained it all in a tackle box. Works great.

Happy Scrapping!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I use 3 ring binders (The ones the kids don't use anymore (trappers work great. I use large yellow 8x10 envelopes I punch 3 holes in them and mark what is inside. I get these envelopes in the mail with freebies all the time, so I just reuse those.......

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I use a Crop In Style. There are all sorts of sizes, mine is mammoth and looks like a fat carry-on bag with wheels. These are pricey, but I bought mine with a 50% off coupon from Joann's.

http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?C...3&PRODID=55408

Check Ebay too, there are lots of them on there too.

Filing cabinets to organize papers is a great idea

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

great ideas everyone!! i have been lucky to have a craft closet, so unfortunatley i am no help there. It is a ready to assemble wardrobe. It is quite large and I am able to store all kinds of things in there. plus i have plastic bins for all kinds of stuff. Id love to get a Crop in Style. It's on the christmas list for sure. I love the binder idea too. I have a filing cabnit as well! I have all my flat things ie, paper, templates, stensils, stickers, etc in the top drawer, and bulkier things in the bottom part...pens, rulers, knives, markers, and so on. mine locks which is fantastic because of the kiddo's.
    I'll look into this more and see what kinds of ideas I can find too for you Tater.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What a great thread!

I'm lucky because I have a whole shed outside full of my craft things but sadly organization is STILL a problem and I have about a square foot to actually 'work' in!

I'm so dreadful at organizing things! I love that bag on wheels I've never seen one of those before - do we sell them here? (I guess we must?)

I'll be watching this for sure, there's some great ideas here ~ Thank you for starting this.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great ideas so far! I like the binder idea for taking things to crops. Could you hole punch a heavy duty ziploc bag, put stickers etc. in it and stick it in the binder? Just a thought.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I WANT one of those bags!