I am getting ready to take up scrapbooking.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question I am getting ready to take up scrapbooking.

Any ideas on a good starter kit and where I can get one? Is Creative Memories the best place, or are there others that are just as good (and cheaper)?

What kind of supplies do you think I will need? What are the best glue sticks? I bought some stickers last night that are really cute! I am excited about starting. I would love to go to a class.

Any advice is appreciated! I want to make my books spectactular!!! AND, I am thinking of making one for the grandparents for a Christmas gift (better then spending money on a blender or something like that!).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't know anything about this stuff... Just wanted to say goodluck on your new adventure!
    Keep us posted.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Amy!!
    I don't know if they have any in your neck of the woods, but a great place to go here in Colorado is a store called Archiver's. They have a great selection of stuff, they offer classes for pretty cheap (with a meal) and they also have areas where you can just go in and work when there are no classes going on.
    Have a great time, it's such a blast!!

Kim

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a place out here called ScrapAttack. They have cool stuff, but it's really a bit expensive. I go to beverly's crafts or Michaels art store to get paper, stamps, etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Creative Memories is the best place to uy your album, I think they are best, but thei supplies are too expensive. I buy mine at Joannes or Michael's on clearance, Scrapping is fun, but addictive..Happy scrapping

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have made 3 scrapbooks...one for each son. I plan on giving them to them when they are married. They began from the birth on. Of course I still update them often since they are still in school.

I get some items from Wal-mart and Hobby Lobby. Make sure your stickers and pages are all acid-free. You can use all sorts of things! I keep little momentos from vacations, movies, parties, school, etc. to add also. I also have bought different type of scissors to use...some with different cutting styles to trim the pictures.

You will find you get more creative as you go. You will love it.

Have fun and good luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Creative Memories has wonderful things but it is sooo expensive. Michael's has a 40-50% off of one item that isn't on sale coupon in the paper each week. Maybe you could add a new item every week and stock up this way. It would sure save you some money. I just took up rubber stamping and this is what I plan to try to do. Good luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Buy some acid free paper at Staples or office max, ect..
    print some of you own art rather than buying all of those stickers...use clip art on the internet...there is so much to choose from.. Just a frugal tip....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There are alot of scrapbook pages available to print online too. Just do a search!

I love to watch Scrapbooking on DIY... but it looks to time consuming for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I only use Creative Memories albums because I just like them the best. I have very few CM supplies that I use - mainly stickers that I was able to get buy one get one free from the rep I use.

I don't use glue sticks - instead I use photo splits. I buy the Fiskars brand at Target and WalMart and I also use the CM ones (I got some cheap from a rep who was going out of business). I also have a Xyron. www.xyron.com These are available at Michael's or JoAnn stores (or online at www.joann.com or online on QVC www.qvc.com ). I have the 1200 model because I use my for laminating as well, but for just starting out the Xyron 150 (Create a Sticker) or the Xyron 500 would be good. The Xyrons are great for intricate die cuts and such where photo splits won't work and glue is too messy.

Look for products that are acid free AND lignin free.

I buy my papers at Michael's and JoAnn when they have sales (Michael's puts a sales ad insert in the newspaper - not weekly, but almost every week and there is also a 40% off one item coupon to use.................. you can sign up for the JoAnn mailing list on www.joann.com - you will receive a sales ad in the mail every couple of weeks with a 50% off one item coupon and also an online savings coupon).

My fave punches are the Paper Shapers (made by EK Success). The cheapest place I have found them is Target and WalMart, but you can also find them at most LSS (local scrapbook store(s)). They are very easy to use and come in a wide variety of shapes.

My fave magazine is Creating Keepsakes. They have a website www.creatingkeepsakes.com and Lisa Bearnson (the editor) also appears on scrapbook shows on QVC. QVC has a wide range of scrapbook products available, including kits that have almost everything you need to get started. You can order any of the items at any time as long as they have it in stock - you don't have to wait until a scrapbook show is on the air.

You can find a LSS near you by using the store locator feature on the Creating Keepsakes website. http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/letsscrapbook/locator/ I mostly purchase die cuts at my LSS.

For pens I use a wide range of colors and types - you just need to be sure they are acid free and archival.

Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have been wanting to do this also, i found creative memories rep close to me, and i have bought some albums from her, and was able to get my kids names engraved on front, but havent started yet. Guess i am afraid to mess things up. I did buy acid free stickers and sayings (for weddings) and added them to my wedding album and i think it makes it look great. Maybe i sort of already started. Thanks for all of the great info quilter mom!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi!
    Scrapbooking is my life!
    I get alot of stuff at Michaels or AC Moore. I also shop at my LSS. They can be expensive but I just dont let myself go hog wild.

Check out scrapjazz.com. There are message boards there & everyone is great.

There are so many webshops for scrapping that you would never have to set fit in a store if you didnt want to.

Also check out yahoogroups & punch in scrapbooking for an interest. I belong to many groups there & get tons of ideas & participate in swaps to get more supplies.

Buying the supplies is the most fun!

Have fun with your latest venture & if you need help or advice just email me ([email protected]) I will try to help out as much as I can.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hee hee hee, I have subscriptions, love these mags.

www.creatingkeepsakes.com is another good one