More thrift store adventures
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default More thrift store adventures

I think I am addicted lol. I went shopping up north this time to some new stores. I set out looking for several things- foodsaver accessories, craft items, inline skates for ds (so I can have mine back!), shorts and pants for ds, longsleeve shirts and pants for dd, and a sweatshirt or jacket for dd. Here is what I got.

I got my son a shirt that looks new, a pair of shorts, and a pacific trail jacket for $1 each! For my daughter I got a thermal shirt and a zeroxposur jacket for $1 each! These were at the same store. I am definitely going back up there when I need to go clothes shopping!

For my son I got a pair of inline skates like new!! They are almost exactly like the ones I got my daughter for Christmas but these are boys'. I only paid $5.06 at Goodwill!! I also got myself a nice red sweater for $4.05 at a different Goodwill.

I got several books and a few craft odds and ends for a few dollars altogether at various thrift shops.

I also found a roll of generic foodsaver bags but I let my mom get them since I got all that other stuff last time we went. She paid $3.50 and they are nice wide bags. We are going to take turns getting foodsaver bags so it is more fair that way.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dang, All we have here is a small Goodwill and they mostly have clothes.
    Nice job!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went to good will here today and they didn't have very much so never bought any thing.Then got home and found out i can start moving into a 1 bedroom apt tomorrow so i have got to get rid of a bunch of stuff.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I ran back out to the store and stopped at the Goodwill near my house on my way home. I found a sweatshirt for ds for $2.07, some slippers for dd for the same price (nice fleece with rubber bottoms), and an unused weaving loom in the box for $3.07. I am hoping dd will like the loom to make herself something. I got a beautiful skein of purple chenile yarn today with the craft things that I am hoping she can use to make a scarf for herself. She loves purple.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Okay so this is the loom. Hopefully it won't be too hard. It says ages 8 and up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It really can be addictive to go the the thrift store. For me it is about the good purchase and low price. So I have to ban myself from thrift stores at times when I start going to often. Seriously there is very little that I need.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You are doing fantastic! I LOVE our GW as well. I have almost a brand new wardrobe for next to nothing and that includes jackets, suits, boots, shoes, purses and jewellry....the works for under $100!! I have to be careful not to get addicted though....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow. You did the resale trail. Thats what i call it as i have a "route" of resale and $$ stores I hit being gas conscious.
    Nice buys on everything. DD would love the loom. I find that certain S.A. around here have good deals on certain items per store. I also find our G.W. stink. They have old,broken junk here and mostly weird or outdated clothes. Everyone else seems to have great finds.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great shopping..........

If you use ebay at all check on there for FS bags........it is a large box but maybe your mom and you can go together.....often have free shipping........well, USED TO haven't bought any on there in awhile.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You're sure finding some great bargains! That's what makes thrifting so addicting. Congrats!

The best thing I've gotten lately is the like-new dehydrator for $10. Love that!

Today I just got some little stuff, mostly bias tape and blanket binding for .49/pkg. That stuff makes me happy too, because it's not available where I live, so usually my only selection for things like that is what I have on hand.

But I did find a storage bag that works perfectly for my husband's new tablet (bought on retail clearance for $64!) I was really happy to find it, then when I went to pay for it, I was informed it was half price! So I got that for fifty cents. I added some handles to it from some webbing I got a while ago at GW that was a perfect match, using thread I got at a garage sale a long time ago for cheap. Win-win-win! Now the tablet's cords, instructions, and other accessories are all together and organized.

Even the little stuff tickles me sometimes!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

wow that is awesome..thrift stores here just suck.. I love me some yardsales....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by oheoh's momma View Post
    wow that is awesome..thrift stores here just suck.. I love me some yardsales....
    Its the opposite here. The yardsales are usually a waste of gasoline. They will have a sign announcing a HUGE yardsale. We get there and its 2 items and way overpriced lol. Our thrift stores are hit or miss. Usually over-priced junk. I do get lucky sometimes though. I usually go looking for old books.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfranny View Post
    Great shopping..........

If you use ebay at all check on there for FS bags........it is a large box but maybe your mom and you can go together.....often have free shipping........well, USED TO haven't bought any on there in awhile.
    I haven't used ebay in ages. I used to buy and sell on there but not since my daughter was a baby and she is 9! I didn't even realize it has been that long lol!! I was thinking of looking on there for a few items though. The only problem is shipping prices have gotten so ridiculous. What are FS bags?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by shoiji View Post
    It really can be addictive to go the the thrift store. For me it is about the good purchase and low price. So I have to ban myself from thrift stores at times when I start going to often. Seriously there is very little that I need.
    I totally agree about the addictiveness of shopping for good deals. I don't usually go this often because money is pretty tight right now. My mom is currently unemployed and lonely at home all the time (her dh works) now so I end up shopping with her quite a bit now. I just have to really be careful not to spend too much!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got two pieces of shirt weight fabric Saturday for $2 each. The one, I can't figure out. It's approximately ten feet wide! It's not the length, that's the width. I can't quite imagine what its original purpose was. The other piece is a novelty print with airplanes on it. I plan to make myself something fun for summer from that.