After drooling over new clothing on line I headed to the GOodwill.
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile After drooling over new clothing on line I headed to the GOodwill.

After drooling over this sweater

Women's Supima Print Cardigan Sweater from Lands' End the $89 white polka dot one.

I headed to goodwill and found a similar sweater. Looks nearly the same but is a Lane Braynt sweater. It is so soft. I paid $3.50

I am also on the look out for these as I like them a lot.

Satin Trim Tank - New TopsCJ Banks

Found one today at the Goodwill I paid $3.50

Both were in excellent condition and fit me wonderfully.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I haven't had much luck in our second hand stores. they are often overpriced, and hard to find anything that fits. I need a full afternoon or evening, and just haven't found one.

however this summer, I discovered a couple of new favorite stores I shop their clearance section only, and wait until I get the email that the section is 50% off. It means it is off season, but I am careful with what I pick. Cotton silk blouse with cami - $5, tank tops $3.50, cardigans $7. T-shirts $4. I did find some winter clearance items too, on their website. Deals were quite as good, but i am set up where I can wait til end of seaons again, and stock for next winter. Since I became a wardrobe 'builder' I know what I need, and which colors I'm working with. I did really well this summer, the only thing left is I would like another 2 or 3 cardigans, but other than that, my winter wardrobe is set, and enough items to transition into fall/spring with the lighter weights. Summer will need work. Waiting for the final clearance to get more t-shirts and short sleeved light weight cardigans for under $5. It feels so nice after just wearing whatever, to having itms that work will together to make so many outfits.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good job!

We live near the state capital, so a fair number of women my age need office attire. That means both local thrift stores have some nice pieces if you check regularly. This summer I found a dress for dh's office party (Joneswear brand) for $4.50 and a wrap to go with for $2.00. The party isn't until Feb., but it sure beats looking at the last minute.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Imagine you rock at second hand shopping!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great shopping! You have the best luck finding exactly what you're looking for
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

-shakes finger at Imagine- Now, you would have no way of knowing this, but I have DYING to get up to the local Goodwill since the kids went back to school. I finally have the freedom to look and dig and consider for as long as I wish to do so! I didn't have time to this first half-week of school, and next week looks like a no-go, but the week after, I'm THERE. May I find a find as good as yours!

Lane Bryant is not exactly cheap, either. So happy for you that you found a very affordable option similar to what you've been drooling over!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our thrift stores have raised their prices to be almost laughable...Lane Bryant isn't cheap...my daughter gave me a coupon for a pr. of free jeans with purchase....cheapest thing I could find was a pr. of flip flops ...jeans would have been $70......with tax, free shipping, it cost me a little under $20 for jeans and flip flops...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Since I have moved I am not impressed with my local Goodwill's clothing line. I also find their furniture prices outrageous, but that seems to be most Goodwill Stores. I have found excellent prices on coffee mugs, bakeware, baskets, jigsaw puzzles, etc.

I am intrigued with the Salvation Army Store in Altoona. They have a wonderful selection of clothing and the prices are decent. Of course, I am cheap and look for the color tag that is half off that day. I will only pay full price for an item I have been searching for and having trouble finding.

With Christmas approaching I will be looking for toys for my grand boys. Mr. P is 4 and loves dinosaurs and action figures. Thomas is an infant so clothing will be his main items.