2020 Thrift Store / Garage Sale / free finds Shopping share your deals!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default 2020 Thrift Store / Garage Sale / free finds Shopping share your deals!

2020 Thrift store / Garage sales / free finds share what you have gotten or gotten rid of!

Now that things are opening up donated a bunch to Value Village and people took the metal patio table.. no glass top and chairs plus the wall unit too.

Got a pair of shorts and swim trunks for ds. and a soccer ball. not that cheap for thrift store but cheaper then the stores.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Saw 3 different yard sales in progress while driving to dad's house this morning (Maryland). I guess they are permitted again. I checked the charity web site I usually use, they are still not accepting donations.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today seen some yard sale listed in news paper here in a larger town.
    Goals for 2020
    1-No spend day
    2- No eating out days
    3-getting rid clutter
    4-menu
    5-stockpiling
    6-Grocery budget

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I haven't seen any myself, not being out as much, but I have heard they are popping up here. A lot of people got their garages cleaned this spring, after all. I don't think they were ever banned here, the rule was 10 or less for gatherings, so if it was just in your driveway it would be ok. None of the big church rummage sales could happen, though.

I saw that one of the thrift shops across town was open and taking donations, so I may be able to go next week and drop a couple boxes.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes no real garage sales freebies or for sale on craigslist. the smaller thrift stores just started to open again here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

woot woot! Got a fancy rocket stove (low fuel use, burns anything for heating whatever or cooking whatever outside) at thrift for 12 dollars. It was 18$ but a couple of minor pieces that I can replace with stuff I have were missing and I asked for a discount. Cool! The store benefits the humane society so I'll donate the 6$ to the human society and they will get more benefit than just from selling stuff.

it's this one:Name:  stove.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  6.7 KB

can't wait to try it out!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What a great find, Maggie! Congrats!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

nice score !

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I used it for dishes today!!!! I did dishes for an hour with a salvaged canner on top (thanks free metal bin at the recycling center!) and it kept water just about too hot to use for an hour and I burned about 3' total of a 2" diameter branch that I found lying on the ground and broke up by whacking on the edge of a pallet. Very classy...but so nice to do dishes without burning up 3$ of butane. It was cloudy until 3pm so no hot solar water before 4pm!
    I had hot water enough to do the dishes, wash my hair with super hot water (I kept refilling the canner when it was down to about 1/4 full...did dishes in an old roaster bottom and rinsed in another old roaster bottom...I love that free metal bin). I need to find my old sauce pan so I have a bigger dipper.

The coals in the stove stayed hot for another hour so I stored up the pretty warm water in a giant thermos I found at thrift a couple years back. Should be enough for a good wash up at the end of the day.

3 more uses and the stove will have paid for itself in butane savings. Can't wait to try my stove-top camp oven on it! PIE!!!!
    PIE!!!! on a cloudy day in the summer. Think of it! I'm going to go soft like a city girl again. Or someone with electricity.

I texted a picture of it to my hippy dippy 2nd cousin who visits here and she is a bit jealous. Some day when she can visit again I'll let her play with it too.

My main goal with it was to have a good way to scald jars for what might be my new mustard business.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Big win on the stove! I love when that happens!

I, too, love the metal pile at our waste transfer station. And the lumber pile. And the appliance pile. We've gotten so much great stuff there.

Junque is so underappreciated.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

we can't look though our dump just unload pay and leave. got a caftan , a 4 cup percolator in great shape for stovetop for camping. have a 2 cup so keep upgrading. looked like someone had downsized or died..because lots of good quality old stuff like corning ware etc. a basket that matched ones I have already. 4 good old brand big hand towels. and something silly that dont' know if it works.. a little candy claw machine.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was browsing FB marketplace and saw someone was looking for wicker shelves. I have a couple that matched what he was looking for (he had one piece). I got them for free and didn't really like them, but use them for books in the guest bedroom. So I arranged to sell them to him, $30 for both.
    I went to a small TS today to see what I could get to replace them. Really needed a night stand for the guest room. Found one for $30. Also got $5 back from my CC for the purchase.

ETA - previously, at the same TS, I was looking for some pillows to re-cover and use on the deck furniture. Got 3 for less than $10 and they won't need to be recovered as they are neutral fabric.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

well, second hand but not really frugal - I got 2 oriental rugs, wool, each 6' x 9', from a friend who was selling them, $600 for both. She had been asking $1200 for the better one on CL, no bites. The other one has a few moth holes along the edge, I put that part under the sofa. I am so happy with them both, I love oriental rugs. The one I had in the LR before got moved to the guest room.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by josantoro View Post
    well, second hand but not really frugal - I got 2 oriental rugs, wool, each 6' x 9', from a friend who was selling them, $600 for both. She had been asking $1200 for the better one on CL, no bites. The other one has a few moth holes along the edge, I put that part under the sofa. I am so happy with them both, I love oriental rugs. The one I had in the LR before got moved to the guest room.
    frugal to me! you got them cheap and will enjoy and use for years. when you break them down to cost per use ..pennies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks!! I do love them.
    Make America Kind Again.