What does your sewing room/area look like
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default What does your sewing room/area look like

I have a very small sewing room, 60 sq. ft. I've tried to organize it so that I can move around easier and find thing when I need them. Sometimes it gets difficult. When it comes to pinning quilts or cutting large pieces of material to sew with, I have to take it downstairs and use a dining room table that I have set up in our bedroom. I don't have a choice.

Tell me about your sewing room or area you sew in? Is it organized, messy or what you've always dreamed of having for a sewing room.

If you scroll down in this blog http://beautythatmoves.typepad.com/beauty_that_moves/ you'll see the sewing room I'd love to have. It's stunning!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mine looks like a bomb went off.

Ihope to do some organization tonight..lol. But it doubles as a computer room, office, dog kennel is housed in here. and is approx 8x8

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You are so right I would love her sewing room...... mine is a 2ft wide by 4ft long table right by the dinning room window..... No space at all. All my material is in buckets :-( I lay things out on the livingroom floor. Someday........
    Fern

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a three tiered tea cart that holds all my sewing stuff LOL. It's got my machine, sewing box and some tins for storing patches, pins, extra bobbins, etc. and I use the dining room table. thats the extent of my sewing room LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~My area is 4X6 feet of totes and shelves crammed and piled up to the ceiling. In short it looks like a landfill. With the four of us living in only 800 square feet total, I shouldn't really have that much space 'to myself'. I keep trying to purge but I can't ever figure out what I'm willing to give up, lol!
    My dream space is something I saw in a magazine. It was a basement makeover. The made it a walk out basement with full windows and a patio outside at the basement level. The craft table was 5X5 feet and cafe/bistro table height. It was right up against the windows and had all kinds of little drawers and storage underneath it. Behind the table, along the wall ran floor to ceiling cabinets and shelves for all of the larger craft storage. the fabric was folded and displayed on the open shelves. Along the third side of the 'U' was a deep, desk height counter about 14 feet long. The sewing machines and cutting boards were on them. There was also a small sink. It was just a really fantastic 'craft' area. I can't imagine ever being able to afford something like that but I can dream.....~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine is the diningroom table. Jigsaw puzzle going there now tho...
    I suppose I could do something with one of the kids rooms (they are both on their own) but we keep those closed off in the winter to save on heating.

Neat sewing room in that link. Since we are daydreaming, I'd like the cutting table in it to be a tad bigger.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by homesteadmamma View Post
    If you scroll down in this blog http://beautythatmoves.typepad.com/beauty_that_moves/ you'll see the sewing room I'd love to have. It's stunning!!
    Thanks for posting this. She lives in the town where I went to college and I've enjoyed looking through her blog.

As for my sewing area, I cut on the kitchen table and have my sewing machine an alcove in my bedroom. I inherited DH's grandmother's sewing chest, which I keep in the living room filled with my threads, fabrics, etc. My sewing room is all over the house! Nothing fancy, but it works.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have a big room that is also part "den". There's a loveseat & tv in there (tv for me when I want to watch while sewing, scrapbooking, etc. and the loveseat for people to sit when they're keeping me company.

I think it may even be the largest in the house, but it's a creative mess LOL...and I just packed away a ton of my fabric. We may be turning the room into another bedroom for Mr. Snore-Pants. If that happens, I will move my sewing stuff to my bedroom upstairs since it will be mine alone

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Right now since we're in the process of moving/unpacking my sewing room is a plain mess! lol..... When we are done it will be super big and will be all mine (Knock before entering, lol)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I waited for mine for 23 years LOL I finally got it when dd moved out last summer. I took over her bedroom which is about 10 x 11 . It's pretty packed, usually a mess, but I sure love it! I told dh I would bring in a recliner for him to sit in so he could visit with me while I sew, but there's no room for him The dog has a bed under the table but doesn't use it so I'm going to get it out of there. It could quickly have a tendency to become the 'junk' room as everyone throws the 'extra' items in and close the door. I have to stay on top of it so I'm not overrun with stuff.

DD painted the walls a pretty sage green so I kept that and decorated around it. I'm a big remnant shopper so I dug around my stash and found some fabric to match the green walls and made a valance for the window. The fabric also had some pink in it, and she had left behind a pink lamp. So, by default, my sewing room is sage green and pink which I actually like. And I am NOT a pink person!

DD also left behind her wedding dress which is taking up space in the closet, and a huge dollhouse which sits on a table in the room. I'm thinking about putting it back into my bedroom closet where it sat for years just to get it out of there. She'll be taking it as soon as they remodel their house. She doesn't have room yet.

I also have an oak bench on one wall that has a lift up seat for storage. It's full of quilting magazines. And I made sewing machine covers to match so everything is coordinated when they're covered.

I have several Ott Lights around the room - as I get older I simply must have direct lighting just to be able to see.

DD also left behind a nightstand and a dresser that was my grandmothers. The nightstand holds books and accessories, and the dresser holds all my fabric.

Over the years I've sewn at the kitchen table, dining room table, table in the living room, corner of my bedroom - anywhere I could find a spot. And after all those years of having to move my stuff for dinner etc, I am absolutely loving having a room to myself. I don't accomplish any more LOL but it is fun

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

my sewing room is spread out everywhere. One room has sewing machines and sergers and fabric, another room has fabric and patterns, another room has notions and thread and totes of fabric. I have totes of fabric outside under a covered porch, and a single wide mobile home (husband stuck out behind the barn) filled with fabric and patterns.

I am sewing on my dining room table! my stuff is organized it just that I have this little wee problem, I love fabric! I love patterns more but they take up less space!

I need about 1000 sq feet.. or more! LOL! for a real sewing room.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have one bedroom for sewing-computer-crafts-books-music. The closet holds my fabric stash. There's a floor loom in one corner and in that corner I have my basket reed hanging from picture hangers. The yarn stash is in 2 3-tiered baskets. Weaving yarn is in half a bookcase; the other half holds the serger and knitting and weaving supplies. The sewing machine is by the window, and when it's closed I have my accordion on top. The bass guitar hangs on the wall next to the big bookcase which has all the knitting-weaving-basketry-cooking-music books. The computer is between the loom and the closet. The dog sleeps by the sewing machine.
    This is my favorite room in the house, even though almost every time I want to do something, I have to move something else.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have stuff everywhere. I have my sewing machine permanently up and ready on the Dining room table. I refuse to take it down. My fabric is in large crates along the bedroom wall. My buttons, patterns and trims are in the coat closet in the foyer. My quilting books are in the cabinet in the living room.
    Blessed and Highly Favored!!!!
    From $78K in debt to debt free and purchased a house and used car with 100% cash...God is sooo Good!!!

Goals:
    New to me vehicle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a little house that my dh built on the property...If you go to my blog you'll see pics inside and outside...http://shackinback.blogspot.com/sear...&max-results=7

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Right now I only have a small corner of the rec-room in the basement. We moved in here in the summer and I have yet to really organize it yet...I haven't even done any sewing. But I need to make some curtains for the mainfloor powder room so I need to get going on setting it all up. I wish I had a separate room for it so I don't have to worry so much about the kids messing with my stuff. Some day....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast