Weekly Sewing Digest - 4/9/10 - Sewing for Spring!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Post Weekly Sewing Digest - 4/9/10 - Sewing for Spring!

I thought it might be fun to have a weekly newsletter with a theme for we sewers to get in the creative mood for the weekends. So here's the first one and hopefully an inspiration.
    ---------------------~~~---------------------
    This week's theme is Spring! What sewing projects are great for Spring? How about aprons? All that Spring cleaning can be so depressing. Why not whip a fashionable accessory to make the job more pleasant?
    A handy cleaning apron: Sew A Clean Sweep Apron! | Organized Home
    Or how about one of 50+ free apron patterns to be found here: 51 Free Apron Patterns You Can Make : TipNut.com
    Spring is also the time of garden starting. Planning to clean up your flower bed this weekend? Whip up a pair of quick gloves and a kneepad from these patterns: Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross
    Knee Pad and more creative crafts projects, templates, tips, clip-art, patterns, and ideas on marthastewart.com
    With the warmer weather comes more time outdoors. How about planning a day in the park followed by a picninc? This quick backpack pattern and picnic blanket will inspire your fun day: Easy Backpack and more fun kids' crafts, projects, activities, and family-friendly meal ideas on marthastewart.com
    Summer Sewing ~ Picnic Blanket with Rock Pockets Sew,Mama,Sew! Blog
    Spring isn't all sun and flowers! Make yourself a cheery little rain hat for those April Showers: mommo: Cheery rain hat
    Maybe you just want a little something beautiful to welcome Spring to the inside of your home. How about this bright and leafy table runner? Bias Toward the Pretty and more creative crafts projects, templates, tips, clip-art, patterns, and ideas on marthastewart.com Or this happy flower pillow? Flower Power Pillowspam! It is better fried than typed: home decorspam! It is better fried than typed: sewing & embroideryspam! It is better fried than typed: Shop | Joann.com
    Maybe you want something small that makes a big statement. Make a garden of fabric flowers to dress up your cardigans, bags and gifts! Pink Paper Peppermints Sweet ? Crafty ? Goodness: Rounded Petal Fabric Flowers | 31 Crafty Flowers in 31 Days- Day 23
    sew ritzy~titzy: fabric flower tutorial
    And lastly, Spring is the start of the oh-so-fabulous yard sale season. A great new shopping tote would be just the thing to haul home your new treasures in: Brick Patchwork Market Bagspam! It is better fried than typed: sewing & embroideryspam! It is better fried than typed: Shop | Joann.com

What great Spring projects will you be sewing this week?
    ----------------------~~~-----------------------
    Time to highlight a member's project of the week! Every week I'll choose a project made by one of our own creative group and honor it here. You have to post a pic of your project to be eligible but you can post it as a new thread in sewing or on any of the sewing challenge threads.

This week's honoree is Debbie-Cat and her fabulous retro apron!

--------------------~~~----------------------------

If you would like to sign up for the sewing club please see this thread: https://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/...b-sign-up.html
    Actively participate by posting a thread of your own telling us about your latest project or questions, or join us on the Sewing Challenge thread! You choose what you want to accomplish for the month, one item, 4 items or more and post away! https://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/...challenge.html
    And lastly, we share a Retreat Weekend with the other hobby clubs here: https://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/...at-2010-a.html
    Currently it's held on the last weekend of the month. We gather to power through our UFO's, urgent projects and just have fun crafting together all weekend. So set aside as much time as you can for the weekend of April 23-25 and plan to join us!

------------------~~~-------------------

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great job Nuisance!! What a lot of information and inspiration!!

Loved seeing Debbie's apron too - great memories of her grandmother - mahalo for sharing that.

this week and every Spring, I sew hula costumes for the High School's annual Hawaiian celebration. Not only is it great fun for me, I also get to keep in touch with some wonderful teenagers.
    I will post pictures later!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I made two types of fabric flowers from the above tutorials since posting this thread. The Dahlia pattern is a definate keeper!
    ~

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

What gorgeous flowers Nuisance!!!! How are you going to display or use them?

I need to bring my kitchen accessories to reflect the warmer season - plastic bag holder, pot holders, towels, tablecloth for the dining area - perhaps some new napkins too. Shall check out my LO fabric to see what will work best!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Oops, forgot to post the picture of the backs! I sewed a felt circle and pin backs to the backs for brooches. I gave them to my sisters. ~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

What a great gift - bet yuour sisters loved them!!