Sewing hobby for rest of 2012..........show your stuff!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thumbs up Sewing hobby for rest of 2012..........show your stuff!!

We haven't had a sewing thread all year and I thought it was time...........since I know a lot of you sew and Xmas isn't that far away!
    Please share what you have made............we love pics!!

I saw this on the net, day or so ago, and thought it might apply to some of us here..............but we don't have to admit to it!! ENJOY!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sewing hobby for rest of 2012..........show your stuff!!-amy-bradley-stash-pic.jpg  

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, hell, I asked them not to publish that picture of me there on the right!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh I thought that was me...lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am a mixture of the middle one and the one on the right. I like my pretties all folded just so but they have taken over one room. *sigh*

I have shortened my granddaughter's (just one year old!) flower girl dress, 2 layers of satin and 2 off set layers of tulle, with ribbon at the hems, no less!

piney

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll be doing utilitarian sewing for the most part, nothing fancy, no gifts. Some alterations, a few things from scratch. Nothing too interesting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

NOPE..............in my mind........I am the one on the LEFT...........my FRIENDS are the ones on the right when they come over and I ALLOW them to go downstairs!!!

PC........I haven't had much experience with tulle..........but I use it in wet felting (no sewing--just a working tool)..........can't imagine sewing it!! And can't imagine working with all the layers.......any pics of the dress?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No FF you are not the only one on the left. I got rid of most of my stash of assorted fabrics that I had for a very long time. I gave it away to the local church to hand out to someone who might use it.

I don't even have any Christmas fabric. I will have to get on the ball and think of what I may do. Mainly it will be for my grandkids. That should be easy to come up with an idea.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FF, my DD posted a picture on face book a month or so ago and I don't know how to snag it for here.

piney

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinecone, I am no help with the face book thing.........I don't even do face book. Can you right click and bring up that menu that says 'copy image' and snag it??

Quote Originally Posted by Labontet View Post
    I got rid of most of my stash of assorted fabrics that I had for a very long time.

I don't even have any Christmas fabric. .
    You mean you got rid of EVERYTHING??? Or just some of it? Gees.......don't think I could do that. ---remember I said "in my mind" I am on the left...............then there is the REALITY of it...........in truth, I am buried in the closet on the right!!

I don't really do much "sewing" for Xmas and I STILL have some Xmas fabric!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I generally try to keep up with my stash and have it put away in cubbies. BUT, we have actually being doing a lot of sewing while the weather is so hot. My stash has exploded across the room and all over the guest bed. DD12 is working at a sewing studio this summer and keeps coming home with new ideas and DD7 is learning how to sew using scraps...it is a mess.

I've made 3 simple, A-line skirts for myself after I gave up trying to find replacement shorts that I like. I've had 4 children and I really don't like wearing hip huggers and low-riders. I finally used some fabric I bought when pregnant with dd9. I was going to make a maternity sun dress and never got around to it. It makes a pretty skirt.

I am trying to plan for some fall sewing. DD7 is very particular about her clothing so I have to make quite a bit of it. She doesn't like waistbands and prefers elastic. So, I need to start finding material for some jeans, pants and skirts for the fall & winter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfranny View Post
    Pinecone, I am no help with the face book thing.........I don't even do face book. Can you right click and bring up that menu that says 'copy image' and snag it??
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1616080&type=1

I'm trying it

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by pinecone View Post
    It says that it is 'unavailable'............."or I don't have permission to view this page"................and I don't have FB account so maybe someone with an acct. could see it..............not sure. This is the blind leading the blind here!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by warramra View Post
    DD12 is working at a sewing studio this summer and keeps coming home with new ideas and DD7 is learning how to sew using scraps...it is a mess.

. It makes a pretty skirt.

I am trying to plan for some fall sewing. DD7 is very particular about her clothing so I have to make quite a bit of it. She doesn't like waistbands and prefers elastic. So, I need to start finding material for some jeans, pants and skirts for the fall & winter.
    I can relate to the skirt material thing..............I was digging through a 'storage thing'----okay---I confess.........it is a 30 gal. GARBAGE CAN that I have some old material stored in..............anyway, I came across a a light blue bath robe all pinned to the fabric........ don't even want to think about how old that is............not cut out yet, so could use fabric for something else!

Hey...........get DD7 going with the sewing and let her make her own things............no reason, with some help, that she can't sew a pair of pants with elastic waist.........that would be easy. Or even a sleeveless, pullover top, would be easy............I say......good for her!!

I think it is SUPER GREAT that they are learning to sew..............lots of people today don't know how.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If you have a Webshots account, you can upload pics there and then post them here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Am planning on finishing the LR decluttering and organizing today - even though it is a gorgeous day and I could use the excuse that I really need to go to the pool - but I shall stay on course and finish this room. The reason/bottom line is that I need to get all my notes about the attendants' dresses together and come up with a sketch for the bride to look at THIS WEEK. Then i need to start cutting and sewing - lan on having fittings in two weeks. That's my plan and I am sticking to it - as well as planning on posting some photos.

Want/need to make some long Aline skirts for school next SY - which starts with students on July 30. I actually don't mind going back to school so early since it still feels like summer vacation in August and September - then the first week of August is Spring Break!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast