Sewing Challenge 2014 - Page 20
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for posting today, Jean. Having this thread brought back up reminded me I had a set of embroidered pillowcases to finish off for our house sitter who cares for our house and cats when we go on vacation. All they needed was a band of trim fabric around the ends, so I did that which didn't take long, so why have they been laying here for months? But now I can press them and give them to her.

The main outstanding sewing UFO right now is the screen door for our camper. It's close to finished, assuming it works when it's done, so maybe I'll get it done yet this fall. I hope. I'm designing it as I go and sometimes it's tricky.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a couple of things I want to make for Christmas gifts. Maybe I should start on those instead of making things for myself. I really don't NEED any more clothes!
    A few years ago, I made my daughter an animal print fleece coat. At the time, my stepmother said she would love to have one just like it. Later, my daughter said she wouldn't mind having another coat, but in a solid color.
    So I went out and bought the fleece for both (I think a couple of years ago!)
    Yep, those will be my next projects.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Haven't done much sewing lately. Again. I'm focused on carpentry projects now while we race the coming winter. But I did sew another layer of webbing onto the factory webbing on my tool belt. The stock stuff is so soft it just folds itself up so it's more like wearing that heavy tool belt with a rope tied around my waist. Not comfy. I hope the new webbing helps stiffen it up so it'll stay flat. If not, I have lots more webbing.

Not much, but at least I spent a few minutes of quality time with my industrial sewing machine today.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I made one of those T shirt grocery bags today. I still don't like them. I shortened another one and don't like it either. Why do I keep making them?

I do like the ones I made from woven material, a vintage smiley face print, and made so they're the same style as plastic grocery bags.

I still like my canvas ones best though. They're the size and shape of a brown paper grocery bag.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920