We're moving

Thread: We're moving

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Arrow We're moving

As many of you know, we relocated from NY to MI last year. We have been living in an apartment for a year while saving towards our dream house.
    Our lease is up 3-1 and we decided to move. We will still be renting, but we found a huge new rental place in the country.
    I am all excited and anxious now. It has a beautiful lot and is so close to the nature center that we frequent.
    I am hoping for a smooth move.

We'll be on well water. Any tips? I want to have the water tested.

I am thrilled because the landlord will be putting in new carpeting and linoleum in the livingroom/kitchen too.

The new place has three bedrooms and two bathrooms. wahoo SPACE! I am so excited to be able to reorganize.
    That's my latest news. We're almost to our goal.

Sara

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congradulations on your move!!!!, how exciting. Have you lived in the country before? If you haven't it is so nice, quiet and slower paced. Don't know alot about well water. My one of my aunts is on well water and my dps actually send bottles out there for her to fill up. Apparently it is feed from a spring some how and dps swear it is the best water. Lets hope the situation will be the same for you. I have known a lady that had nasty well water you couldn't cook with it or drink it. Then I have two other family members that have a well and their water taste just norm. Taste is about all I know, and it can vary, guess it just depends what the water source for the well is.
    Anyway Yeahhhhhh for you

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Talking

I lived in the country most of my life. I busted out and moved to the suburbs for a bit, but then returned to the country and then moved here to a small city last year.

I definitely prefer country living, but as many know, I have become spoiled by many city living aspects. When we got city water where we used to live, it was a BIG deal. My gosh, getting gas lines was an even bigger deal, and getting cable internet was something I thought I would never see there. *LOL*

I am really happy to be moving back to the country. There are even wild turkeys that roam the lot.

I am thinking the well water may have high iron. I'll be looking into that.

Sara

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congratulations!

My dad has well water and it is pretty yucky. Too many minerals. His is fine to cook with, bathe with, etc. If it is mixed in with something (tea, juice, etc) it is drinkable. He just fills water jugs up at the grocery store for plain drinking water.

Christy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

congrats, i can think of nothing better, than going back to the country!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congrats!!!

I've always had well water (except for my 4 year stint in the city) and I prefer it over city water. To me city water tastes funky. Sure, with a well, you can't do 5 loads of laundry a day, and you don't get blasted to the back of the tub with super high pressure, but it's nice not to see a water bill at the end of the month.

Talk with the landlord to see if they ever got the water tested. I'd assume that would be his responsibility to have it checked every few years. The water test here was $80.00- that's alot of money to pay out especially when it's not your responsibility to make sure everyone in the building has safe drinking water.

Good luck with your move!!

Laura

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congrats on your upcoming move!!
    I have always been a country girl.I wouldn't know how to act in the city LOL Although,I have wanted to try moving.Of course dh won't hear of it lol

anyways....

We live in my MIL house.We were left her house when she passed away in 1997.When they first moved here,they had well water(they first move here in 1978 or so...we now have city water) and from what they have said,it had alot of iron.
    Everyone I know that has well water has alot of iron.
    But that could just be where we live Your *NEW HOME* may be diff and have some really good water
    I do agree with you by having it tested.That will let you know of everything that's in the water...good or bad.
    Until it's tested,I would use bottled water as much as you can or can afford especially if you have kids (I think you do.....???)

It's always exciting to move into a new place.Although I hate the actual moving part,once you are settled or getting settled,is always kinda fun lol Don't you just love giving a new place YOUR look.I know when ever we have moved in the past,my house would be soooooo clean and neat for about 3 or 4 months...then the new wears off and I get lazy LOL

I do hope you enjoy your NEW place..and of course ALL THAT ROOM I'm excited for you!! CONGRATS!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh you are going to love living in the country Sara! We live in the country as well, and we have a PUR water filter installed right on our faucet. This helps filter out anything bad in the water. We also have a place on Lake Michigan and it has well water as well. But I just buy jugs of distilled water and keep them in the fridge. That way it is nice and cold during those hot summer months.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sara,
    Im late to this thread but I wanted to say Congrats on your move!! I know how much you've looked forward to this and you will feel so good about being back in the country.
    ~Michele~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Before having the water tested. the landlord should be able to provide you with up to date information about it. That is required law. You are not responsible for it. I have well water and we don't have a filter just use a BRITA pitcher to filter it. For laundry you will need to find either IRON OUT or YELLOW OUT to put in with your clothes or you will have brown iron spots on your clothes. You will end up with dry skin in the winter and the only think you can do is use lotion right after you shower. Try to avoid a bath if at all possible.
    How many acres of land are you going to be on?? I'm on 5 and we have nothing out here. The closest neighbor is 1/4 mile from us. There is nothing to do. We have to travel 30+ miles to do anything, how about you??

Anna