2 or 3 things that are helping me simplify

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Talking 2 or 3 things that are helping me simplify

One is fly lady

The other is menu mailer.

The third is being able to let go of stuff.

Today has been busy! George is drywalling. I did the grocery shopping for 2 weeks. Due to computer troubles the last week, I've not been able to deal with the menu mailer stuff and form a shopping list till this morning. (complicated by the fact that prep work for the bible study is taking a lot longer than I figured)

This morning because I'm on menu mailer I was able to plan 2 weeks worth of meals in a brief period (after swearing at the computer some more, the partitions are all weird).

How brief? Didn't have time to check but it was short. I zipped thru my freezer and pantry highlighting the stuff I was short on, and got moving. Did the shopping at 5 different stores, and got it done and put away by 1 pm.

As I beebled along my merry way, I was thanking God for flylady and Menu mailer (leanne Ely bless her heart).

Menu mailer's stuff has replaced most of my low carb recipes, and has kept me on track with the diet.

As for flylady well, her reminders are great but I just love zones.

I'm an organized person, but this is a no brainer system and it keeps me on track when I've got better stuff to do.

Because of zones, I clean most areas once a month, not once a week, but it pretty much stays clean.

I have my own routine, similar to hers, my road map to the day, posted in my bathroom and kitchen where I can quickly glance and check up on what I need to do in the daily have to do it or it makes more work list.

And as for letting go, well the less stuff I have to handle when I clean or put stuff away, the faster it all goes and the happier I am.

My systems are a bit stressed right now with Drew moving back home, but I'm coping well.

I tossed a large entertainment unit and the TV downstairs now sits up on the dresser along with the VCR. The tapes got purged and the keepers sit on a shelf.

Now there is room for my son, and I feel better.

I am culling my books again, the goal this time is to have some empty bookshelves.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another little item I'm thankful for is a book I'm re reading called

Simplify Your Live 100 ways to slow down and enjoy the things that really matter

by Elaine St. James.

It's out of print, I've had it for some years now, but in keeping with her message, it's very simple. Each tip is it's own tiny chapter, and it's more than just a collection of tips.

It's an introduction to a whole way of life.

If you can find it at a library do, it's worth it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I agree with you on FlyLady -- since I've found that website, my house just keeps looking nicer and nicer, despite its size (tiny).

Something else that I find simplifying my life is journaling. I find that if I can sit down with my journal and write about my day (or even my blog, for that matter) I can just feel generally better.

Bright Blessings!
    Rawiya

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hello,
    I was reading your post and this "zones' that you refer too, what is it about? It sounds very interesting. With fly lady- is there a fee. Also, canadian gardener-I live in Kamloops as well.
    Wendy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi and welcome Wendy. Glad you are here. To answer your question, fly lady is free, just sign up and she sends you all kinds of reminders or just go to the site at flylady.net and pick up the nuts and bolts of the system.

She divides the house up into 5 zones. Here is a link http://www.flylady.net/pages/FlightPlan.asp that should take you to the flyzones and the explanation.

Essentially you don't deep clean, till it's "the zone" at which point you vacuum the edges etc.

Which means weekly cleaning goes fast, because you just hit the vacuuming for example down the cow trails in the middle where people walk or the dog drops hair.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

just want to say thanks to canadian gardener and homesteadmamma for the info on flylady.
    wendy