New Year restructuring of Life - a new perspective on the "Carrot" of Simplicity

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default New Year restructuring of Life - a new perspective on the "Carrot" of Simplicity

This year is going to be a very difficult but enjoyable quest for me - This year I will discover (or Begin to Discover) what a simple life means to me.

To prepare myself for this quest I need to do some basic internal "housekeeping" and it is going to be a long slow process of unlearning every rotton little habit I have. In order to complete this process I have decided to make this my New Years resolution and Goals for the GoalGetters challenge.

In order to discover what simplicity means to me:

• I need to quit taking everyone else's on as my own.
    • I need to realize that the kids are learning everything they know about life from Me as well as everyone else and that my behavior, actions, and reactions will impact them - they are not docile little extensions of me and my job is to help mold them into sucessful, compassionate, worthwhile little people.
    • I can no longer sit dormant and wait for life to happen to me - I can no longer be a wishy washy doormat.
    • I need to establish a life direction and I need to be in control of more of our future - what our life goals and family goals are. I know we would like to live off the main course , simply, and humbly and enjoying life and the beauty and joy Nature provides for us. I need to take action to achieve this rather than dreaming of some day...
    • I can no longer let money be a dominating force in my life - I will keep my kids and my home and my sanity not by fearing others power with money  or the fact that I don't have enough to compete- but by being the best, most pleasant, and most sucessful Mommee and Me I can be - I will meet our needs not just financially but emotionally and intellectually and rationally. I will no longer succumb to the fear of other's power or wallet. I know what is right for me and mine.

This will be a huge revelationally extrenuating journey for me and with out the support of the Village I don't think I could have ever found the strength or the spine to come to these decisions. I thank you all and I love you all.

Please allow my struggles and process to encourage you in your journey to Discovering what simplicity means to you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Those are wonderful goals Kimmee and I know you can do it..........

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bravo Kimmee!

One of the dominant themes in raising my sons was to tell them from an early age to decide what they wanted and to do everything they could to make it happen. Taking control of your life is the best gift you can ever give to yourself.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kimmee! I think these are wonderful goals!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good for you kimmee!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kimmee, your goals are inspiring.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I find myself agree that I need to do many of the same things. I also was better organized in the past and I find myself flowing very fast down the river.... not in a boat controling were I'm going.
    I'll climb into the boat soon and guide myself down the river. Just like you are now.
    ~Kyria
    before... after.... ....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bravo is right! You go girl!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That is awesome! You are inspiring!