saving time?

Thread: saving time?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default saving time?

I've slowed down a lot lately. I realised in 2003 that my working life was making me unhappy, so I closed my business and started on a new path.

I've realised now that my life is very slow compared to what it used to be. I have time now to reflect on my life, family, friends and what it is in life what I want to do.

Slowing down on purpose has been a great way for me to focus on what I'm doing. Now I see more and I feel like I'm more in touch with myself and what my goals are. Even my food has slowed. I never used to buy fast food but I often used to buy packs of convenience food like washed salad leaves and chopped up fruit and such. I thought I was "saving time". It never saved me any time, it might have been 1 minute less work to do and what is that? I never do that now as I like the idea of taking the time to prepare all our food. It's satisfying knowing that I'm providing the best nouishment I can for my family.

I take slow walks now too. I don't walk like I've just been let out of the gate and I have to get to point B as fast as I can. I meander - what a wonderful word that is! I look at things and I notice what's changed since yesterday. It's a great way to get to know your neighbourhood, or in my case, the forest near my home.

If you're wanting to reduce the stress in your life, or you want to really experience your minutes and hours, try slowing down. It's worked for me and I bet it would for many people.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rhonda, that sounds so wonderful. I am so glad you are enjoying life more.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't wait to start trying to "slow down" - I always speed up when ever I have change in my life - and boy howdy do I have change right now (and not the good silver kind!!) I do realize though like you are saying, Rhonda, that it causes so much more stress - probably cuz you meet things in a confrontive manner rather than a meandering "hey this ain't too bad" manner - I think I will focus on this today - thank you for the enlightenment - my friend!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds like a wonderful approach to life!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rhonda

Since we are getting snow here, I've been taking the time to look at individual snowflakes. They are so intricate, delicate and beautiful and each one is different from the next. Just like people are.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I want to slow down, Rhonda.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds great! I often wonder as I am hurrying my kids into the car or wherever what am I missing that they see by taking life slow?