Simplifying with the spring fling
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile Simplifying with the spring fling

I was thinking about simplifying my life even more. There are days when I seem to have lost that tranquil feeling because I have so much to do, so I've decided as I do the spring fling that everything is going to gone over with a fine tooth comb to see how I can simplify even more in each room in our home.

This morning I found 3 areas:

~I use cloth napkins but have decided now to use paper napkins. You can pick them up at the Dollar Store and can get such pretty ones. All my cloth napkins are now going to be donated to goodwill. Now I won't have extra laundry, hanging to dry, ironing, folding and putting away.

~I also use cloth hankie but after we all went through a very bad stint of colds, I've decided to now use Ultra Kleenex. Again, way less washing, ironing, folding and putting away.

~placemats - I have a number of sets of them. I only need 2 sets so all the rest are being donated to goodwill.

Its going to take me much longer to do my spring fling challenge, but at the end I think I'll be much happier and will have simplified my life even more.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CJ,
    You and I are on the same thought wave here. I don't have that much excess in my kitchen, but my bedrooms are another story. That is where I really want to weed out the excess and donate it. I am tired of climbing over clutter!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pat I did that already with our m/bedroom and its just so peaceful. I took out a dresser and all the clutter that was in our room and got rid of a lot of it. I refuse to clutter that room again. Its going to be the same in every room I do.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CJ, I stopped using cloth napkins when our dollar store came in also. And with the paper napkins available we grab one of those instead of off the role of paper towel which since dh only likes Bounty is alot more expensive. I also sent extra placemats to good will. Only have one set for christmas and one for the rest of the time. My regular use set are a nice soft vinyl so i no longer have to wash those. With allergies rampant here we use kleenex but I always take advantage of good sales and stock up

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Next on my agenda to simplify is all my cookbooks. I'm keeping 2 that I use all the time and donating the rest to the new library here in town.

No more having to have a space for them or cluttering my shelves which I have very few of.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've just about finished my bookshelf in the kitchen and I'm going through every book, one at a time to see how important it is and whether I should keep it or donate it to our new library.

This is one area I've struggled with. I've donated many books to local libraries in the area but I keep adding books from yard sales. Now that we have our own library in town (open in a couple months) it will be so much easier to donate books that I seldom use. If I want them, I can walk to the library.

My kitchen is getting to be exactly how I want it, nice and simple with less work to keep it up.