What does inner simplicity mean to you?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question What does inner simplicity mean to you?

Have you ever thought about this and what it means? If so, tell us about it? What brought you to a place of thinking on this?

FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob Jerseygirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Since you brought me there, I would associate it with being able able to turn off the noise in my head, that constant chatter that tells me toadd this to the shopping list, pick that up at the cleaner and don't forget to use the coupon before it expires.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have quite a bit of thought on this, but I'll give a short version of what it means to me.
    Inner simplicity to me was reorganizing my thoughts, feelings, and dreams. I used to be consumed with thoughts of getting ahead or having a "I'll be happy when...." attitude. Life was going so fast that most often I never took time to actually enjoy anything.
    Although, at the time of financial crisis, I was angry and lost~ I now realize that it was a pivotal moment in my life that helped me identify who I truly am in this world. (or at the very least brought me closer to my true self)
    Inner simplicity is like a good decluttering inside your heart and soul. Sorting it all out and ditching all the useless rubbish that I was hanging onto for far too long.
    It helped me realize what was truly important to me and what was just "stuff".
    I know for some, if your life is moving too fast forward you can't even relate to any of this, but for me taking time to just inhale and breathe and feel my own heart beating and being mindful of my actions and reactions in a day are a gift.
    All I can say is that it's a peace within. It runs parallel with my faith and spirituality and has made a huge difference in how I perceive and react to many things. What was once noisy and hectic and busy is now quiet and tranquil. This was also a point where I cut ties with any quasi relationships too. I became more thankful, less fearful and worrisome, and richer overall.

Sara

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow thats almost word for word to what I would have typed. I wish that everyone would be able to reach that point or at least come close to it.

I'm with you on the quasi relationships. I had to ditch some of them too and although painful at the time, well worth it in the long run.

Its about learning how to have inner peace and total contentment. Thats the journey I'm on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When I got sick and had to forever give up the "person" I thought I was I had to reflect on this a lot. Much of it was the same as Sara said. More of it was trying to give up seeing myself fully as what I could do. I can lift 50 lbs-I am a strong woman turned into, I did the laundry alone with this illness-I am a strong woman.

I was so wrapped up in how I did things or what I did that my personality was intertwined. I lost the ability, I lost me. I have found myself again but sometimes...I sure do miss the able girl I once was. I still hate asking for help and feel stupid when I don't and hurt myself. Guess truth be told--I am still adjusting. But inside things are more simple--is this something that one brags about? lol Being simple I mean?