Simple Sunday 7/12/09
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Simple Sunday 7/12/09

Good Sunday morning everyone.I'm working another 12 hour day and then I'll be coming home to enjoy the next 2 days off. No plans for tonight, but I think my husband is going to fix spaghetti for our dinner. What's everyone else got planned?

Cat

Registered User phoeny_moonstar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, i've worked all night. I get off in about an hour. My mom is coming home from an extended vacation and I'm excited about seeing her after such a long time, so I am going to be baking her some brownies. Other than that, I have a bit of laundry that needs done. And then after all of that is said and done I will be sleeping because I have to return to work tonight. No spend day for me!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today's project is to begin the Great Garage Clean-Out! I really want to get going on this, I plan on purging quite a bit, repurposing some household items to make some better storage in there, and just generally making it a more functional space.

I also am going to try to get my umbrella clothes line in the ground today so I can start using it.

I need to grocery shop, as we got back from vacation yesterday and, while the cupboards are not completely bare, there are some essentials we need. Today starts my own, personal, use it up pantry and fridge challenge, but still need produce, bread, and milk.

If it stays as nice as it is promising right now, we may take the kids to the pool, as well.

Finally, I need to list 5 more books on eBay. I visited my parents last night and my Dad asked me to list 5 more of his signed Sue Grafton's, so I'll do that today. Plus, I need to visit the senior citizens center and donate some dvd's of old tv shows that my Dad asked me to do something with. We thought they might enjoy them.
    Last edited by AmyBoz; 07-12-2009 at 08:31 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

After getting cleaned up I am going for a bike ride, make breakfast, finish breakfast dishes, do some laundry, water the garden, weed the garden, start dinner in the crockpot, tidy house, collect all garbage and take to dumpster and hopefully have time to crochet a little.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love this thread it's nice to see what everyone is doing. We came home yesturday after few days of camping I will finish the laundry, clean the house tend the garden and i have to run out and get stuff for the rest of the week (which i might wait until tomorrow to do) and we might take the kids to the movies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm trying to catch up on laundry today, or maybe this week! LOL..With two little boys in the house, I can never catch up on it! Then eventually I would like to run out to CVS and get my freebies for this week! Then I have Yoga class at 4 pm. So a kinda laid back day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So today, other than paying for my daughters daycare this afternoon, will be a no spend day. i have to work this afternoon, so Im gonna make lasagna before I leave for work today. (i think anyways.. i kinda want homemade meatball subs) When i get off of work, im gonna come home and spend a few mins reflecting on this last year (tomorrw is my bday). Im gonna think about what i want to do differently this year. other than that, im gonna stay out of the hot sun. its 102 here in tulsa today!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a quiet day planned here. My DH is working, so the kids and I are going to:
    1. Stay home and not spend any money!
    2. Wash and hang the last load of laundry.
    3. Take care of the laundry.
    4. Dinner is in the crock pot - beef roast from the freezer.
    5. I've made a list of books to get from the library this week.
    6. Organize my coupons....I'm a few weeks behind.
    7. Work on my latest project: recipe organization! I'm going through all of my cooking magazines and cutting out the recipes I want. These will then be sorted by main ingrediant. So when my garden over-produces zucchini, I will be prepared!

Happy Sunday everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning everyone! Today I am going to finish my laundry, sweep and mop my kitchen floor, take clothes to the Salvation Army and take books to the used book store and get a credit and some more books!!! I wanted to go to Aldi but after reorganizing my pantry and freezer yesterday, I think I can hold out until Tuesday before going. Trying to use up what we have before I buy more! My ds's 13th birthday is Wednesday and I will need to get the ingredients for his birthday breakfast. It's a tradition! Also need to pick up his favorite ice cream to go with his cake. That's about it. Just trying to stay busy so I don't think about our financial struggles. I tend to dwell if I have too much time on my hands!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went to church this morning then was invited out to breakfast at Golden Corral buffet. Yum
    Came home and did a load of laundry and hung it.
    Going to finish painting my bathroom then a nap is in order.lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Missed church today as I spent 12 hours traveling yesterday and was BEAT - didn't get home until 1am
    Had my morning coffee out of my favorite mug (I missed it while I was gone)
    Today at 2 pm is our real estate open house - DH and the kids did a good job of straightening up, but I still need to dust and do a little bit of 'staging' (and hiding things in the oven!!)
    Have to leave while the open house is going on, so we'll probably go to a nice park in the next town for a couple of hours
    Try to squeeze a nap in before I go to work from 10pm until 6 am
    (I'm guessing a lot of you who are working or sleeping today are nurses, too!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our dog was stung by a bee yesterday and the shot they gave him for the swelling makes him go to the bathroom alot. We spent alot of the night up with him so today is a day of doing as little as possible since we didn't get much sleep.
    Last edited by gapeach; 07-12-2009 at 01:30 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Work-Work-Work!!! I am here 12 hours and it is really dragging!!!
    Blessed and Highly Favored!!!!
    From $78K in debt to debt free and purchased a house and used car with 100% cash...God is sooo Good!!!

Goals:
    New to me vehicle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Garage DONE!!!

We tossed two bags of trash, I was able to get dh to go through a box of stuff he brought home when he moved offices and he tossed a bunch of it and put the rest in his truck to bring back to work. I repurposed a small bookcase I had in the basement to hold gasoline and oil for the lawn mower/leaf blower/weed wacker, etc. I also repurposed a big plastic storage bin I had in the basement for the painting supplies.

I'm freecycling two strollers and tomorrow will Craigslist a car seat.

We can now get kid bikes and scooters in and out without tripping over anything or worrying anything will fall on us. It's a MUCH better situation!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Post My Saving Sunday

1. Had coffee on the patio; the air was strongly invigorating and fresh this morning. My little rose is blooming: 3 red rose-buds.
    2. Computered for a few hours
    3. Cooked 3 pita breads (mixed grains/own recipe) on the stove in my round, flat cast-iron frying griddle. I'm getting better at this; got the basic recipe for unleavened bread off Yahoo Answers this Easter.
    My, that tasted delicious, and the edges were crispier today, too.
    4. Defrosting a big beef roast
    5. Picked out a big pan of potatoes to boil in the stockpot later
    6. Had a banana milkshake from a wilting frozen banana in the freezer compartment of the fridge
    7. Tested my homemade Ginger Ale, and it tastes great!!! It's not as fizzy as I'd like it, but next time I'll know what to watch for. It tastes much fresher and more delicious than any soft drink I've ever bought--kinda like ginger ale & mountain dew together, but with less fizz and lighter in colour than ginger ale. I can hardly wait to make another batch this week.
    8. Defrosting a bag of frozen, sliced apples; will make apple juice & applesauce later on, for supper dessert.
    9. Supper plans: roast beef, gravy, mashed potatoes, lettuce salad (using the rest of the old head & 1 outer leaf from the new head), carrots (home-frozen), applesauce.
    10. Listened to "The Easy Stream" radio on the net today; the songs were comforting and healing.
    11. NO SPEND DAY
    12. Now for my Sunday afternoon nap...zzzzzzzzz
    Last edited by Incognito; 07-12-2009 at 04:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast