Simple Sunday - 12 Sept 2010
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Simple Sunday - 12 Sept 2010

Hiya Villagers

Sorry, I should be sleeping but insomnia has other plans for me... so here I am jump-starting today's thread

I have more laundry to do (I am trying to find a way to prevent myself from blinking because when I do, the pile of dirty clothes doubles in size)

I am going to attempt to re-organize the Diva's royal chamber and box up the toys I know she no longer plays with. Hopefully I can get things to the point I can move her room around. She's been wanting a 'tweens dream' bedroom... I'll see what I can do.

That's all I have planned for today - I may run up to the store to price out vacuums. Ours died and the rugs are in NEED. I would love to find one of the non-electric carpet sweepers for now.

Have a good Sunday!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Glad you got us going Lady V - it's Sunday someplace!!

Still have to have my foot up so will not be running around on Sunday. Shall make it over to the pool - did an hour exercising today and want to do the same tomorrow.

Some sit down work that I shall attack includes:
    *Coloring pumpkins for file folders and other games, then I get to cut and glue too!!
    *Financial paperwork
    *Call soccer parents
    *Plan the menu
    *Enjoy time with my DH

Have a great Sunday everyone!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I am sure I will sleep being its 3:30am already, straighten up the house, make my very first quiche for lunch, and Salisbury steaks for dinner, and then free poker at a bar after dinner! Fun day!!! To bad I have to work early as heck Monday, lol.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's a cloudy, gloomy day here. We are headed off to church, when we return home, I'm going to get started cooking and baking with all the apples we got at the apple orchard yesterday! I'm making homemade applesauce and going to try my hand at canning some....Wish me luck! I also need to clean and organize my house, so in between cooking and baking I'll be doing that...And if I feel real energetic, maybe head out to the laundry mat, to stay ahead on the laundry...Have a great day everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning everyone I just woke up and made our lunch for the beach today. We're headed down to Fort Desoto. Hopefully the crowds will have thinned out since it's after labor day and school is starting up again. Fingers crossed, LOL. That's really about it on the agenda today. We'll grill shish kabobs for dinner again tonight, since they turned out so good last night

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wish I could cut my electric bill too. Let me know how you did it

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well already i have my last load of laundry in the dyer, the dishwasher unloaded and loaded again. I have sauce cooking in the crockpot. I am thinking of hitting the craft stores for inspiration but we will see. Later i am either going to make cookies or brownies for dessert. Enjoy your day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow, you are all so ambitious this morning! Good for you!

I am leisurely sipping my coffee and revelling in no kids asking me to do something for them! lol

Today I need to talk them into going into town for groceries. They hate it, so maybe my oldest dd will agree to stay at home and watch after them. I also am finishing up my laundry today as well as mopping my floors.

If I have extra time, I am going to clean out our vehicles. Have a great day, everyone!
    -Vanessa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's football Sunday here at the Mojjo household. That means laundry and munchies. No real sitdown dinner. It's taco dip, soft pretzels and lunch meat pinwheels. Yumm-o

SS is going to bake cookies and DH is helping with laundry so it's a banner day.

I'll be cheering on the teams, reading some Dave Ramsey. It's nice because it's cool enough to shut off the AC and open the windows.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by gakeman View Post
    I wish I could cut my electric bill too. Let me know how you did it
    Were you asking me? If you were, I switched our light bulbs to CFL's...but I think now you can even purchase LEDS which last even longer and save even more electricity. They do cost a little more if I remember correctly. Our A/C fluctuates between 79 and 80, never lower. I never use the heated dry on the dishwasher, since according to our energy company's web site, the difference is astronomical. I also unplug our small appliances in the kitchen when we're not using them. The coffee maker, the toaster oven, etc. We run a small oscillating fan in the bedroom at nighttime. Hope that helps you out Just don't shut vents in unused rooms, in hopes of cutting your electric bill. It's bad for the A/C system and it contributes to mold growth.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mahalo for the input druth!! Our electirc bill has been down for the part 8 months - and I know that we can do better - you've inspired me to check out other areas to cut costs!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Mojjo View Post
    It's football Sunday here at the Mojjo household. That means laundry and munchies. No real sitdown dinner. It's taco dip, soft pretzels and lunch meat pinwheels. Yumm-o

SS is going to bake cookies and DH is helping with laundry so it's a banner day.

I'll be cheering on the teams, reading some Dave Ramsey. It's nice because it's cool enough to shut off the AC and open the windows.
    WOO HOO!!! GO EAGLES!!! Its football Sunday here to!!! Its almost 4pm

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went to famous footwear and bought a nice pair of shoes for only $10. They were originally $59.99 marked down to $20 and I had a coupon for $10. Then went to Kohls and found a nice pair of Vera Wang earrings marked down to $6.49.

Now I need to do some reading.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It was a beautiful day today so we went for a drive in the country. Did some errands, slept, laundry, football, dinner, car cleaned out, and some little yard work.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

*Cooked a 10 lb roast with potatoes and carrots
    *Made 2 1/2 pounds of chicken salad
    *Cleaned, removed from the vine, and put all the grapes in ziplock baggies for lunches
    *Watched the hubby do about six loads of laundry
    *Supervised him washing the cars through the window from the comfort of my recliner
    *Allowed him to pick my insulin up from the pharmacy for me ;o)
    *Finished making a calendar and got it ordered from Snapfish - love it when I have codes to make those totally free, including the shipping
    *Read the latest issue of People magazine
    *Loved on my dogs, cats, DS and DD while Big Brother was on