Do you ever wish you had someone around.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a husband, but he is at work all the time, and doesn't do anything around here anyway.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi there - I'm a single woman on an adoption waiting list after 2.5 years of trying to have a child via fertility treatments (no go - eggs no good/immune issues). Even without a child, there are many times I wish I had a great guy around to help me out. Right now, I have a really good handyman and about once a year I get him over here and have him do a bunch of stuff. When I bought this house 8 years ago, I thought I'd probably meet someone, get married and then have kids - it's a big house. But after lots of dating, haven't found Mr. Right yet. But I don't give up hope - wanting to have help and wanting to have the extra income (OK - and love and a supportive partner) - keep me dating.

In one of my single mom by choice support groups, we recently created a list of the members who are willing to help others out in times of need and what they're willing to do. Of course, this is a local group, but maybe others could create similar lists with friends.

I want to tell you guys about Mamapedia™ - The wisdom of moms™ - it's a national website but you put in your ZIP code and it takes you to a local forum where you meet all local moms. They give referrals and recommendations for anything and everything local - daycare, plumbers, schools, etc. and chat about parenting issues and other stuff. I've found it to be SO helpful because it's so local. You also might find cheap help on craigslist.com. So many people need work these days and they'll do it for really cheap. I found someone willing to clean a house for $35, others willing to do any chores for minimum wage. You could hire someone for 3 hours for $30 and imagine all you could get done?

Hope this helps - hang in there ladies - I'm totally with you and know when I have a child there are going to be some challenging days/weeks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12