Suggestions needed, Dog Poop - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When BF gets tired of her free-loading, she'll become far more motivated.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'd buy one of those pooper scooper things and a mask. Go out and do it yourself, then pay yourself the $10 and buy something in front of her with it. If she asks you about it, tell her that she could have had what you had if she'd done the job for you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This should be a no brainer, pick up the poop! You wanted the pet(S) now clean up after them. If you/ daughter didnt want to responasbility of having a pet(S) then they shouldnt have been brought home in the first place. Who cleans up after the other animals?

Pets are a part of the family, how would it feel if no one cleaned house and you had to walk around dirt, clutter, unflushed toilets, dirty dishes, no clean laundry? This is what is being given to the poor dogs, in their 4 legged world.

Unfortunately in my world non compliance to house chores and rules results in consequences. First I tell whom ever my self included to get off my fat (which it is) butt and clean up! When its not done the first time I ask, I quietly stop providing the creature comforts my human family expects.

My children understand that caring for family members of all kinds is a priority.

Sorry to sound harsh but thats how I am some days.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hate tying chores to money. It only bites me in the butt lol

Poopscooping is a job the boys HAVE to do and if they want to have privileges, they do it. I don't have a girl but I'd suggest talking to her and her bf about losing date nights if the chores are not finished. Maybe the next time she's asked to babysit, say no.

It's about being a responsible member of the household. My boys don't uphold their end of the bargain, well, they lose privileges. Simple. For my family, anyway.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

the heartless B*****d in me, says get rid of the dog.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's a nasty job but now she has made it worse. She must "catch up the yard". Then I would rotate for free or pay a service.Chores are imp. though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    It's a nasty job but now she has made it worse. She must "catch up the yard". Then I would rotate for free or pay a service.Chores are imp. though.

Its the same as "catching up" the dishes, laundry, cleaning the house. If its her job to do it then she needs to get her cute little self out there to do it, end of story. This bickering is going to end up hurting the dogs. God help you in the summer, fleas will grow and they will spread, maybe into your house, another unknow fact a flea does not have to eat for a month and their life cycles can be long and overlaping. Would you like to be dabbing frontline behind your ears during a flea infestation? (actually dont try tha last thing).

In my own opinion hiring a service to pick up poop is like throwing money away, If its buring a hole in your pocket send it to me, and the dogs too I would make sure their poop is picked up as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm gonna agree with Mummy2 on this one...but I'm a meanie and my kids never got paid for learning to be part of a family.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbug View Post
    I'm gonna agree with Mummy2 on this one...but I'm a meanie and my kids never got paid for learning to be part of a family.....

In my family, there are chores given to the kids just because they are part of the family, and everyone has to pitch in. I'll pay them for jobs above and beyond that. When they agree to do a job for pay, they must stick with it and not quit; or else they will ultimately end up doing it anyway for free.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thumbs up

Well now I don't really have the money to pay her anyhow, and since she didn't keep up her end of the bargain I think I am doing away with the offer.

They're my mutts, the consequences of anyone complaining, flies, smell, is on my head (and in my yard) so I'm done offering this to her. I thought it would be an easy way to get a hated chore done with her having the opportunity to make some money on the side.

Now she's behind on community service hours (a whole 'nother topic) so yesterday she did those instead of cleaning the yard. But of course!

Without the money opportunity maybe she'll beef up the efforts to land a job. She's put in applications but there aren't any calls from the places. She just recently expanded her selection of places but not to the degree I'd like to see. (if I was out of work right now I'd be beating the streets and hounding people)

Thanks!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hmm...I'd say she should've only gotten paid $10/wk on the week she does do it. If she skips two weeks and picks up after them on the third, she should only gets $10.

But after reading through the thread - just start doing it yourself, and when she asks for $ to go out...just remind her she had the opportunity to 'earn' $ and this was technically a 'family' chore - part of living under your roof and the things that are expected to get done w/o pay. Seeing that she squandered this opportunity away, she'll have to work extra hard (w/o the $ incentive) around the house to get another paying opportunity - then see how motivated and what other chores she picks up and continues with w/o you having to ask for them to be done.

Teens are teens, its only when they want something that they'll be willing to do chores for it. But then again, I grew up old school...you HAD to do chores or fear the wrath of mom/dad - and you went w/o.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sorry if I'm repeating here but~pay someone else to do it full-time and forget asking/paying you're daughter.

Obviously the money isn't important to her, so pay someone else who will appreciate it.
    Michelle in middle Tennessee!

Ever so slowly rebuilding my stockpile...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yah guess who came lookin' for money when she didn't have a job to pay gas money and just got her driver's license?

So now, backyard is done but the $10 goes towards gas. I don't give her the money, I write down the $10 towards her car use. That way she cannot spend it and then oops the tank is empty when I go to drive it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smart woman!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, that's great. You did good in getting your dd to do 'the work'. Well done!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast